Why There Are No Jobs In America

I'd like to make you a business offer.

Seriously. This is a real offer. In fact, you really can't turn me down, as you'll come to understand in a moment...

Here's the deal. You're going to start a business or expand the one you've got now. It doesn't really matter what you do or what you're going to do. I'll partner with you no matter what business you're in – as long as it's legal.

But I can't give you any capital – you have to come up with that on your own. I won't give you any labor – that's definitely up to you. What I will do, however, is demand you follow all sorts of rules about what products and services you can offer, how much (and how often) you pay your employees, and where and when you're allowed to operate your business. That's my role in the affair: to tell you what to do.

Now in return for my rules, I'm going to take roughly half of whatever you make in the business each year. Half seems fair, doesn't it? I think so. Of course, that's half of your profits.

You're also going to have to pay me about 12 percent of whatever you decide to pay your employees because you've got to cover my expenses for promulgating all of the rules about who you can employ, when, where, and how. Come on, you're my partner. It's only "fair."

Now ... after you've put your hard-earned savings at risk to start this business, and after you've worked hard at it for a few decades (paying me my 50 percent or a bit more along the way each year), you might decide you'd like to cash out – to finally live the good life.

Whether or not this is "fair" – some people never can afford to retire – is a different argument. As your partner, I'm happy for you to sell whenever you'd like ... because our agreement says, if you sell, you have to pay me an additional 20 percent of whatever the capitalized value of the business is at that time.

I know, I know. You put up all the original capital. You took all the risks. You put in all of the labor. That's all true. But I've done my part, too. I've collected 50 percent of the profits each year. And I've always come up with more rules for you to follow each year. Therefore, I deserve another, final 20 percent slice of the business.

Oh ... and one more thing.

Even after you've sold the business and paid all of my fees, I'd recommend buying lots of life insurance. You see, even after you've been retired for years, when you die, you'll have to pay me 50 percent of whatever your estate is worth.

After all, I've got lots of partners and not all of them are as successful as you and your family. We don't think it's "fair" for your kids to have such a big advantage. But if you buy enough life insurance, you can finance this expense for your children.

All in all, if you're a very successful entrepreneur, if you're one of the rare, lucky, and hard-working people who can create a new company, employ lots of people, and satisfy the public, you'll end up paying me more than 75 percent of your income over your life. Thanks so much.

I'm sure you'll think my offer is reasonable and happily partner with me, but it doesn't really matter how you feel about it because if you ever try to stiff me – or cheat me on any of my fees or rules – I'll break down your door in the middle of the night, threaten you and your family with heavy, automatic weapons, and throw you in jail.

That's how civil society is supposed to work, right? This is Amerika, isn't it?

That's the offer Amerika gives its entrepreneurs. And the idiots in Washington wonder why there are no new jobs.

Porter Stansberry
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

LOL!

Okay, that is a good one Roy!
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

The only problem with this analogy is it's unfortunately one sided.
    What is also provided by your silent partner are guarantees of no employee revolution, they guaranty of access to global energy, raw materials, labor costs ( by maintaining minimum wages to offset higher skilled wages) a military to protect your risk, a military to insure no revolutionary country will prevent you from marketing your product or allowing another country from undercutting your prices ( depends on who)
    I mean this goes on and on. Your paying Protection. In what amounts to a jungle of capitalists, world wide, regardless of political status, trying to bury your a$$.
    If you want to know the true pricing of gasoline, count all the costs and it's about $14 a gallon.
    Porter Stansberry lives in his imaginary bubble. Nite nite Porter.

If you want to take a stand, maybe it should be for the upper 2% to pay the same taxes the rest of us pay. Geeeze.... Maybe we'd have a surplus again.

Here's a ?. How many jobs did GWB's tax cuts create? I'll give you a hint. It starts with a --------Negative.
    Tracers work both ways.

[quote=hvacker;7651372]The only problem with this analogy is it's unfortunately one sided.
    What is also provided by your silent partner are guarantees of no employee revolution, Never has been a strike huh?
    they guaranty of access to global energy, No bans on offshore oil ethier.
    raw materials, Are you seroius...try cutting a tree or starting a mine
    labor costs ( by maintaining minimum wages to offset higher skilled wages) this is a whole argument by itself
    a military to insure no revolutionary country will prevent you from marketing your product or allowing another country from undercutting your prices ( depends on who) Yes, the chinese did not make thier own version of windows and usurp international patent law. Generic viagara isnt all over the web ethier.
    I mean this goes on and on. Your paying Protection. In what amounts to a jungle of capitalists, world wide, regardless of political status, trying to bury your a$$.
    If you want to know the true pricing of gasoline, count all the costs and it's about $14 a gallon. Please show the proof of this statement...
    Again, another failed attack by the intellectually superior liberal minds out there

If you want to take a stand, maybe it should be for the upper 2% to pay the same taxes the rest of us pay. Geeeze.... Maybe we'd have a surplus again. If the upper two percent paid the taxes we do the us govt would go broke..get informed, the top 5% of income earners in the U.S. pay 60% of the taxes..That information comes from the IRS..Go argue with them.

Here's a ?. How many jobs did GWB's tax cuts create? I'll give you a hint. It starts with a --------Negative. If this was true, then why did 3 million more people have jobs after the recession of 2002 than before? Why did revenue to the treasury almost double at the same time?? I know..it was Bush's fault....[/quote]

Please educate yourself before you make senseless comments based on nothing more than your immature emotional hyperbolie and need to fit in with the percived status quo of those that you see on television.

China can buy copper from America , ship it to China, make something out of it, ship the product to America, and sell it for cheaper than a coppersmith can make something here in America.

WHY?

because the government taxes the sht out of the American coppersmith.

that's the reality of YOUR government.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    China can buy copper from America , ship it to China, make something out of it, ship the product to America, and sell it for cheaper than a coppersmith can make something here in America.

WHY?

When a company can have parts made in Mexico, shipped to Asia for assembly, have the finished product shipped to the U.S. and it can still be sold for less than American made products, something is wrong.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

as much as I hate to say this =being unionized and all= I don't think that the Bush tax cuts went far enough. You see, a Chinese engineer with a masters degree may make the equivalent of 250-300 US Dollars per month. A carpenter? $130/month!!! How can we compete with that??! Our fast food burger flippers make that and work less than part time jobs! The corporate tax rates in America are nearly 40%. On top of that, corporate America is limited on what it can claim as expense deductions. 1) There would likely be blood on the streets if the individual tax rates were this high. 2) The same would be true if the government told you that you could pay your same tax rates, but you were not allowed exemptions or deductions of any kind.
    Now imagine being the one paying 38% of your income, on top of having to pay your large share of the cost of health care/retirement benefits for even ONE other person. Couple that with your overhead, responsibilty to stock holders/share owners, and all other sources of outgoing monies, and you begin to see the problem with the economy.
    Americas economy is in trouble because of everyone's greed. Customers want the best service for the lowest price. Providers want to provide the least service for the highest price. The people up top feel that they deserve the bulk of profits because they took the risk, and the little man wants more money because he feels that without him the company would go under, and the middle man sees a big pile of money and feels he should get his hands on some of it too, even though he does nothing...literally a useless tool of the trade as it were. I attribute all of this to the sense of "entitlement" that most people (probably even myself at times) feel. We all want more more more, what would we do if it werent for keeping up with the Joneses? Im am, however, not saying that we should all take a paycut. But we do need to get back to living within our means, and the companies that we work for need to draw it back in a little. So maybe this recession isn't all bad, but with all the greed from the top, and the entitlements from the bottom those of us in the middle find nothing left in the pot when we reach our sweaty, greasy, overworked hands into the pot. But hey, at least we don't make $200 dollars a month right?
    UA LOCAL 614...WE DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

Always remember, those who hate you don't win, unless you hate them. And then, you destroy yourself. -Richard Nixon-

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post

WHY?

"Under the current tax system in China, there are 26 types of taxes."

(Personal Income Tax Rates)
    Grade Monthly Taxable Income Tax Rate (%) Quick Deduction
    1 Income of 500 yuan or less 5%
    2 That part of income in excess of 500 to 2,000 yuan 10%
    3 That part of income in excess of 2,000 to 5,000 yuan 15%
    4 That part of income in excess of 5,000 to 20,000 yuan 20%
    5 That part of income in excess of 20,000 to 40,000 yuan 25%
    6 That part of income in excess of 40,000 to 60,000 yuan 30%
    7 That part of income in excess of 60,000 to 80,000 yuan 35%
    8 That part of income in excess of 80,000 to 100,000 yuan 40%
    9 That part of income in excess of 100,000 yuan 45%

10 yuan= $1.47

They also have property taxes, value added tax, comsumption tax etc, etc.....

Maybe it has something to do with wages and a huge lower class.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

[QUOTE=Joe Harper;7654012]
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    The only problem with this analogy is it's unfortunately one sided.
    What is also provided by your silent partner are guarantees of no employee revolution, Never has been a strike huh?

I don't consider a strike revolution, I consider bargining.
    they guaranty of access to global energy, No bans on offshore oil ethier.

You can get energy and fairly cheap too. A ban on off shore drilling doesn't stop the oil flow.

raw materials, Are you seroius...try cutting a tree or starting a mine

Companies do this every day.

labor costs ( by maintaining minimum wages to offset higher skilled wages) this is a whole argument by itself
    a military to insure no revolutionary country will prevent you from marketing your product or allowing another country from undercutting your prices ( depends on who) Yes, the chinese did not make thier own version of windows and usurp international patent law. Generic viagara isnt all over the web ethier.

Like I said it depends on who.

If you want to know the true pricing of gasoline, count all the costs and it's about $14 a gallon. Please show the proof of this statement...

This estimate was being talked about a couple years ago when all costs were being considered and most of the costs was our military presence.

Again, another failed attack by the intellectually superior liberal minds out there\

What liberal minds?

If you want to take a stand, maybe it should be for the upper 2% to pay the same taxes the rest of us pay. Geeeze.... Maybe we'd have a surplus again. If the upper two percent paid the taxes we do the us govt would go broke..get informed, the top 5% of income earners in the U.S. pay 60% of the taxes..That information comes from the IRS..Go argue with them.

I'm aware of what some of their income is taxed at. I could have been clearer here as I was refering to dividends and capital gains taxed at 15%.

Here's a ?. How many jobs did GWB's tax cuts create? I'll give you a hint. It starts with a --------Negative. If this was true, then why did 3 million more people have jobs after the recession of 2002 than before? Why did revenue to the treasury almost double at the same time?? I know..it was Bush's fault....[/quote]

Bush's tax cuts were made in 2001 and 2003. It takes awhile before the effects show results. Where's the revenue now?

Please educate yourself before you make senseless comments based on nothing more than your immature emotional hyperbolie and need to fit in with the percived status quo of those that you see on television.
    [I]Spoken like a true wingnut. The senseless comments were from you and Mr. Stansberry.[/I]
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post

[I]Spoken like a true wingnut. The senseless comments were from you and Mr. Stansberry.[/i]
    You sir are an excellent debater..You must have been on the team.