Customer fixing up a rental house on flood plain of river. Apparently the water got into basement at one time....

Its pretty crusty in there, obviously out of commission for long time. There wasn't a blower or oil tank connected to this thing!

Has some air leakage problems to address before startup...and a duct cleaning would be nice to get the MUD out of ducts. It was like pigpen in the cartoon, a cloud of dust the whole time

That should work a lot better. The other heat was a gas circulator upstairs. I think the gas meter took a hit, too, no gas pressure to do a startup
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

I am not sure about the return???

Is that an old part from the old Furance for the return? Sure don't look new.

WHy didn't you have the furnace face towards the right, and just had the return into the side rather having this "oversized" box on the side?

I see the fresh air isn't going outside? I am sure the basement has lots of leak already.

Billygoat... might do to have the customer bring in a Professional duct work cleaner... as there is likely to be mould and gak hiding out in there, what with the floods and such.

BTW is that a 2" to 3" transition on the vent line? Could be fooled into thinking it's a 4" PVC line too... didn't think York demanded 4".

I'm guessing that you aren't finished this project yet, what with the unfinished Air Intake pipe. If they have a hot water tank in the basement, I'd think it too would need replacing if the gas vavle had been submerged.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Definately recommending a duct cleaning with about 1/4" of mud in ducts. Had to go clear out all the register boots since they had been packed with cardboard and newspapers.

It's a pretty drafty basement, wouldn't hurt to insulate duct, but floors aren't insulated, either. Had to put the 2x3 in line diagonal, to clear the lineset coming off coil.

Its a pretty tight fit getting the coil in there, had to order one to fit, and would have to route all that stuff around the trunkline, but would look better with return on side of furnace.

I would give the customer no choice but to have the ducts cleaned before startup......or better yet, why not new ductwork? Might be cheaper than having it cleaned.

When did York change their furnace design? I worked for a York deakr back in 1999 and back then they were different. Did they change the design of eother one of their condensers too? (Stellar or Olympian?)

I hear they just stopped making the diamond furnaces and this is what they offer now.
    I still see the stellar units but we're doing affinity condensors more now. The ones you can get colored panels for.

its the York Affinity series (I think)
    Hire Me....

Benny

Looks like crap! I would pull it out and start over again. Do it right hacker, I'm sorry I'm laaaughing and having fun at your expense. Wall of shame would be a better place for these pics. Why didnt you keep them in oil hack boy? OH MY GOD!
    Proud supporter of Springfield Millers and Oregon Ducks.

Hey Millerman, what's up? The goat did some good work here. Dissin' the lad because it ain't oil? Post a few of your installs, maybe show us how it's supposed to be. Any thoughts on that?
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Originally posted by ricm
    Hey Millerman, what's up? The goat did some good work here. Dissin' the lad because it ain't oil? Post a few of your installs, maybe show us how it's supposed to be. Any thoughts on that?
    Hey I was just joshin' the guy. I would love to send pics however, I don't have a digital camera. My sincere apologies to the goat.
    Proud supporter of Springfield Millers and Oregon Ducks.