job loss not good
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    there but for the grace of god, go all of us

Does not add up

Yesterday, myself and 700 other people were hired to work in one of our local refineries. BTW these were not minimun wage jobs.

[ deleted by Boss

That is uncalled for ]

[Edited by Boss on 10-16-2004 at 11:01 AM]

Thanks. Good job, Georgie. Moron.

Re: Does not add up

Originally posted by rob10
    Yesterday, myself and 700 other people were hired to work in one of our local refineries. BTW these were not minimun wage jobs.
    I think yours is an isolated case Rob.

Come to my area, it’s a ghost town…jobs are gone. I travel a lot, and I can tell you jobs are not very plentiful in the Mid West.

You wont here Bush denying that during his administration he has lost more jobs than any president in the last 80 years.

Not to mention he is the only president to declare war and it NOT boost the economy.

Wages are down, economy is down, deficit is high all under his watch.

His track record has never changed, he was not successful at running any of his dads businesses…he is not successful at running the country.
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

I' ve never heard

Kerry explain his plan for economics. All he states comes back to the theme of higher taxes to solve all problems. This is a contradiction in it's self. With more dollars taken away from taxpayers the less dollars will flow into the economy.

Re: I' ve never heard

Kerry explain his plan for economics. All he states comes back to the theme of higher taxes to solve all problems. This is a contradiction in it's self. With more dollars taken away from taxpayers the less dollars will flow into the economy.
    kerry has a great plan, it is right here
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=61525

Re: Re: Does not add up

Originally posted by hvac r us 2

Come to my area, it’s a ghost town…jobs are gone. I travel a lot, and I can tell you jobs are not very plentiful in the Mid West.

You wont here Bush denying that during his administration he has lost more jobs than any president in the last 80 years.

Not to mention he is the only president to declare war and it NOT boost the economy.

His track record has never changed, he was not successful at running any of his dads businesses…he is not successful at running the country.

………..The stock market was crashing before Bush was even elected. He inherited a bad economy. If Clinton would have looked more closely and not let the economy run away like he did, we wouldn’t be sitting here where we are, but YOU need to understand economics before you can understand this.

………..The economy is growing, go look at the figures before stating false facts.

………..Again, the economy is growing, and yes deficits will be high when there is a war to protect your butt so you can sit in your home and type on your computer. Life is not a FREE cakewalk.

………….Again, get your facts straight, he ran his own companies, and yes it was tough in the oil business when he was in it, go read a little about the energy crisis in the ‘70’s. Atleast he had the BALLS to go into business and try. I can tell by your comments you have never been in business, because if you had, you would understand what all is involved, and would not be on hear cutting someone else down who has been in business. NewsFlash here for you. George made a sweet penny in his venture with the Texas Rangers. It takes a few brain cells to put investors together and show them a marketing plan to get them to uncork their money, but you wouldn’t understand this. As far as George not successful running the country, You obviously have NO clue with the economy crashing he inherited, us being attacked and the skill it takes to lead a country in a time of crisis as to how BAD it really could have been if we had a CLOWN in office. This country could have easily gone into a MAJOR depression, but then again, you would need to understand economics.

[Edited by madeinusa on 10-16-2004 at 10:51 PM]

Re: Re: Does not add up

Originally posted by hvac r us 2

Your using fuzzy logic to try and explain a economic situation(which you didn't really try to explain), During a war who creates jobs? right, the govt, why? because they need to replenish stockpiles at a much higher rate than peacetime activities. There are many more factors that influence a economic swing, which are not occuring during this time.
    If you send troops out in mass then many more openings occur in our workforce, which isn't happening now either, etc, etc.

Beyond that point, one of the biggest reasons for our situation is the overall threat of terrorism, people are scared.
    I beleive that Kerry will in the end not deal with this new threat, he'll just let it happen while in the mean time try to keep his image up, now ask yourself, who is really going to help us for the long term? right George Bush.

Remove their will to fight and you've removed the problem.

the problems with job loss did not start as soon as bush took office, they had been planned a lot earlier, if kerry was present in the senate why did he not have any vision to start legislation to stem this job loss, or did he have a vision that he would run for president and he could use this as a stepping stone to the office.
    as early as the year 2000 the co i worked for had a contract with rockwell collins, and we knew they were starting to shift their electronics manufacturing to mexico, everything we built for them was being shipped there, this lowly shipping cleark predicted within two years they would cancell their contract with us and he hit the nail right on the head with the date he predicted.
    it is not really fair to blame the president for the woes, the senate and congress share an equal burden of this blame too, after all they do have legislative capabilities, a lot of them are lawyers arent they?

Originally posted by Edmund Forsthe
    the problems with job loss did not start as soon as bush took office, they had been planned a lot earlier, if kerry was present in the senate why did he not have any vision to start legislation to stem this job loss, or did he have a vision that he would run for president and he could use this as a stepping stone to the office.
    as early as the year 2000 the co i worked for had a contract with rockwell collins, and we knew they were starting to shift their electronics manufacturing to mexico, everything we built for them was being shipped there, this lowly shipping cleark predicted within two years they would cancell their contract with us and he hit the nail right on the head with the date he predicted.
    it is not really fair to blame the president for the woes, the senate and congress share an equal burden of this blame too, after all they do have legislative capabilities, a lot of them are lawyers arent they?
    ================================================== =========

Yep and that is the core of the problem. Lawyers legislate what benefits lawyers. Business owners/employees would legislate what benefits business. It should be illegal for a lawyer to hold an elected legislative office.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

You atre right boot.

These stats are outrageous to say the least!

http://www.yourcongress.com/ViewArti...rticle_id=1671

they are not lawyers, they are liars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast