Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,493

    Amnesty Begins....

    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7169978.html

    Gonzalez, the liaison between the Executive Office for Immigration Review, which administers the immigration court system, and the American Immigration Lawyers Association, said DHS now has five attorneys assigned full time to reviewing all active cases in Houston's immigration court.

    Gonzalez said DHS attorneys are conducting the reviews on a case-by-case basis. However, he said they are following general guidelines that allow for the dismissal of cases for defendants who have been in the country for two or more years and have no felony convictions.

    In some instances, defendants can have one misdemeanor conviction


    Welcome to Obamaland! This is amnesty, no other way to put it.

    Side subject:

    Out of curiosity, I did some checking and found:

    ICE boasts approximately 19,000 employees

    http://www.ice.gov/about/index.htm

    From the previous article:

    In a June 30 memo, ICE Assistant Secretary John Morton outlined the agency's priorities, saying it had the capacity to remove about 400,000 illegal immigrants annually

    So basically they say they can deport 400,000 a year in the previous article with 19,000 employees. Do the math. That is 21 deportations per employee per year. Almost 1 every 2 weeks. Not quite, 26 would be one every 2 weeks. It actually works out to one deportation per employee every 17 days.

    Is it just me, or does that sound a tad inefficient?

    Also, per deportation the price works out to more than 12,500 dollars per deportation. 5+ billion budget is from the same page linked above dot guv.
    Last edited by Tool-Slinger; 08-25-2010 at 11:12 AM. Reason: It gets worse.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7169978.html

    Gonzalez, the liaison between the Executive Office for Immigration Review, which administers the immigration court system, and the American Immigration Lawyers Association, said DHS now has five attorneys assigned full time to reviewing all active cases in Houston's immigration court.

    Gonzalez said DHS attorneys are conducting the reviews on a case-by-case basis. However, he said they are following general guidelines that allow for the dismissal of cases for defendants who have been in the country for two or more years and have no felony convictions.

    In some instances, defendants can have one misdemeanor conviction


    Welcome to Obamaland! This is amnesty, no other way to put it.

    Side subject:

    Out of curiosity, I did some checking and found:

    ICE boasts approximately 19,000 employees

    http://www.ice.gov/about/index.htm

    From the previous article:

    In a June 30 memo, ICE Assistant Secretary John Morton outlined the agency's priorities, saying it had the capacity to remove about 400,000 illegal immigrants annually

    So basically they say they can deport 400,000 a year in the previous article with 19,000 employees. Do the math. That is 21 deportations per employee per year. Almost 1 every 2 weeks. Not quite, 26 would be one every 2 weeks. It actually works out to one deportation per employee every 17 days.

    Is it just me, or does that sound a tad inefficient?

    Also, per deportation the price works out to more than 12,500 dollars per deportation. 5+ billion budget is from the same page linked above dot guv.
    It is just you lol.
    I haven't studied all of the particulars yet but what if it is shades of Reagan and 1986? Republican leaders in congress have already stated they will not deal with this issue.

    Your analogy for cost analysis doesn't wash to me personally. What would your figues show if the borders were totally secure and no deportations occured?
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,493
    Oh No!

    This thread is going downhill fast!

    As per above, they can deport 400,000 per year. Now get this:

    Since then, United States immigration officials have said the number has grown by as much as 500,000 a year.

    http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0516/p01s02-ussc.html

    Lessee,.... that would be a net gain of 100,000 per year. Maybe we need to step up that 1/17 days issue?

    Will somebody check my math? It is hard to work with such big numbers.
    Last edited by Tool-Slinger; 08-25-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: link
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Oh No!

    This thread is going downhill fast!

    As per above, they can deport 400,000 per year. Now get this:

    Since then, United States immigration officials have said the number has grown by as much as 500,000 a year.

    http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0516/p01s02-ussc.html

    Lessee,.... that would be a net gain of 100,000 per year. Maybe we need to step up that 1/17 days issue?

    Will somebody check my math? It is hard to work with such big numbers.
    You start out by saying "welcome to Obamaland" And I can't draw a corrolation to Reagan and add that the republicans refused to act on this issue? You come up with a failed math equation. Where did you get the figues that illegal alien figues have risen by as much as 500.000?

    As far as checking your math did you remember to carry the one?
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,493
    I edited to put up the link already.

    Yup, republicans blew it too. This is not a perfectly partisan issue, but everybody knows the left is more forgiving of illegal entry.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    537
    Just a few facts:

    Illegal Alien Crime in America:

    • 12 Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens. It translates to 4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens.*

    • 13 Americans are killed each day by drunk illegal aliens drivers, for an annual total death toll of 4,745.*

    • 8 American children are victims of sexual abuse by illegal aliens every day, for a annual total of 2,920.*

    * Quotes from U.S. Representative Steve King, R-Iowa.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    537
    These elected officials are outright committing treason and should be arrested, charged and given the death penalty after being found guilty.
    Last edited by 5 star; 08-25-2010 at 10:15 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 star View Post
    These elected officials are outright committing treason and should be arrested, charged and given the death penalty.
    I agree 5 star.

    I also came across this, no link as i found it this AM before I had to go to work,.. but ALL illegal immigrants are criminals beyond the crime of being illegal. Why? Well, because they do not file an income tax return. If an american did that there is hell to pay. Secondly, many use fake social security numbers. That is basically identity theft. I cannot imagine the deep lake of poo I would be buried under if I got caught using a fake SS#.

    The whole thing is a rotten egg from top to bottom!!!!!!!!!!
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    May 5, 2006

    The lives of 12 U.S. citizens would be saved who otherwise die a violent death at the hands of murderous illegal aliens each day. Another 13 Americans would survive who are otherwise killed each day by uninsured drunk driving illegals.
    http://www.house.gov/apps/list/heari...0505_bite.html


    King said that the GAO study "shows 28 percent" of all inmates in federal, state, and local prisons and jails are "criminal aliens." According to the GAO, "Generally, criminal aliens are considered to be noncitizens who are residing in the United States legally or illegally and convicted of a crime." King claimed to have used the 28 percent "criminal alien" number to "extrapolate" his daily death-toll figures...

    ... Similarly, in a May 3, 2006, speech on the House floor, King claimed that the 28 percent figure "means then that criminal aliens are committing 28 percent of the crimes in the United States. And so that means 28 percent of the murders, 28 percent of the rapes, 28 percent of the violence and the assaults and battery, first- and second-degree murder and also manslaughter attacks are committed by criminal aliens." He added that "if we hadn't allowed any illegals to come into the United States ... that would equate and extrapolate down to 12 fewer murders every day, 13 fewer people that die at the hands of negligent homicide, primarily the victims of drunk drivers ... ."
    http://colorado.mediamatters.org/items/200610310005

    Which does not match up to

    PRISON AND JAIL INMATES AT MIDYEAR 2005

    Noncitizens accounted for 6.4 percent of state and federal inmates at midyear 2005. ...
    http://www.publicsafety.ohio.gov/lin...idyear2005.pdf


    An old story and the numbers have been shown to be suspect. They take a prison population of 28% illegal aliens and divide the number of murders in the US to get the number murdered by illegal aliens. But reports indicate the illegal alien prison population is about 6%. Something not right here.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    985
    I think the number is wrong because its supposed to include federal prisons only.

    Maybe liberals can come up with an acceptable percentage of illegals that should be in our prisons, and an acceptable number of murders, drunk driving deaths and rapes that are commited by illegals. Once we have that then maybe we can debate the issue.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,493
    http://www.gao.gov/htext/d05646r.html

    There is much biased information on the web on this topic. Skewed one way or another. Above link is one I would trust as being fairly honest. Obviously we have a big problem here.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    I think the number is wrong because its supposed to include federal prisons only.

    Maybe liberals can come up with an acceptable percentage of illegals that should be in our prisons, and an acceptable number of murders, drunk driving deaths and rapes that are commited by illegals. Once we have that then maybe we can debate the issue.
    Bingo!

    Illegals are law-breakers by nature and track-record. But they are mostly not really hardened criminals, just scoff-laws. Higher incarceration and crime rate, welfare teat dependents, lower class type dregs on society. All in all they are not bad people if we go looking at statistical data.

    This is not a cultural problem, since most illegals fortunately come from Mexico and they are mostly good folks. It is an illegal immigration problem. Focusing on the evils or virtues of the criminals just detracts from the topic. They do what they do, they take natural advantage of an opportunity presented. Our problem is the inability to stop them in their criminal adventures.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    72 killed in northeastern Mexico, allegedly by los Zetas gang

    Investigators believe the migrants were from Ecuador, Brazil, El Salvador and Honduras.

    Migrants running the gauntlet up Mexico to reach the United States have long faced extortion, violence and theft. But reports have grown of mass kidnappings of migrants, who are forced to give the telephone numbers of relatives in the United States or back home who are then required to transfer ransom payments to the abductors.
    High price to pay for looking for work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event