Does anyone have any information on the major differences and the value of joining the American Indoor Air Quality Council and the Indoor Air Quality Association? If you have any experience with either one of them, I would sure appreciate hearing from you. Thanks, Neal

[Edited by neal adrian on 10-15-2004 at 04:39 PM]

Have you looked into the American Industrial Hygiene Association?

http://www.aiha.org/

They have a lot of information on Indoor Air Quality and the like. Hope it helps..............

Thanks so much! I checked out the association on the web site and it looks pretty good. Thanks again. Neal

neal,

Of the three listed I would look most closely at the American Industrial Hygiene Association.

I have friends and aquiantances in both of the other, and they have gone to trade shows and come back as "certified" techs after attending one day of classes and taking an end of day exam. This type of certification is not what most people call defensible (sorry if this upsets anyone) but are what they appear: end of course test which shows what you remember from that day or two.

True certification exams require more knowledge, skills, and abilities than can be aquired in a day or two, or even a week or two, and most of the time a year or two. So the AIHA has a meater program with a longer history of producing individuals with real credentials that provide some legal defensibility.