Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 47
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,221
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Like it or not, war is good for the economy.

    We succeeded in Iraq when we captured Saddam Hussein and the Iraqi's put him to death. The rest of our involvement in Iraq was not needed for U.S. interests other then it did boost our economy by keeping more Americans in work.
    I can't believe even you are saying the war in Iraq was good for the economy and ARRA wasn't lol.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I can't believe even you are saying the war in Iraq was good for the economy and ARRA wasn't lol.
    I think it's pretty much conventional wisdom that wars are good for the economy.
    Maybe it's something about Robo that made you say that, but certainly he is not alone in his opinion. Here is a pretty interesting study on government spending and specifically defense spending.
    http://mercatus.org/publication/does...te-economies-0

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I can't believe even you are saying the war in Iraq was good for the economy and ARRA wasn't lol.
    Well, one cost about a tenth of what the other one cost and the lesser costing one gave Americans work. This is not a tough one. You have shown that you know how to do math, now all you need to learn is how to put math to practical use.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,221
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Well, one cost about a tenth of what the other one cost and the lesser costing one gave Americans work. This is not a tough one. You have shown that you know how to do math, now all you need to learn is how to put math to practical use.
    One tenth? And the Iraq War put people to work and ARRA didn't? This may be your best post Robo.

    The cost in dollars for the two wars is almost $1.1 trillion. The cost in dollars for the Iraq war alone is $743 billion and counting. This does not include added costs for longterm care for injuries, VA etc. Not to mention the cost of life. ARRA program was app $787 billion. What is war but government spending (Usually defecit) with killing thrown in. Military spending is not as good for the economy as domestic spending. The good effects of military spending are just the basic Keyensian effects of spending. Logically you cannot be for one and not the other for economic benefits.
    http://www.ips-dc.org/reports/071001-jobcreation.pdf (A study comparing the economic benefits of domestic and military spending.)

    By saying this Robo you are also saying that tax cuts does not put people to work. Atleast you are right there. As 37% of the Stimulus were tax cuts.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    One tenth? And the Iraq War put people to work and ARRA didn't? This may be your best post Robo.

    The cost in dollars for the two wars is almost $1.1 trillion. The cost in dollars for the Iraq war alone is $743 billion and counting. This does not include added costs for longterm care for injuries, VA etc. Not to mention the cost of life. ARRA program was app $787 billion. What is war but government spending (Usually defecit) with killing thrown in. Military spending is not as good for the economy as domestic spending. The good effects of military spending are just the basic Keyensian effects of spending. Logically you cannot be for one and not the other for economic benefits.
    http://www.ips-dc.org/reports/071001-jobcreation.pdf (A study comparing the economic benefits of domestic and military spending.)

    By saying this Robo you are also saying that tax cuts does not put people to work. Atleast you are right there. As 37% of the Stimulus were tax cuts.
    Spin it any way you want. The bottom line is that more Americans are without a job "AFTER" billions of dollars were wasted through ARRA then were before ARRA while the Islamic war in Iraq and Afghanistan were most heavily being fought. That is what matters, not your attempts as justifying Obama.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,221
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Spin it any way you want. The bottom line is that more Americans are without a job "AFTER" billions of dollars were wasted through ARRA then were before ARRA while the Islamic war in Iraq and Afghanistan were most heavily being fought. That is what matters, not your attempts as justifying Obama.
    SPIN OMG. You use the figues one tenth, and say military spending is better than domestic spending and now say what difference does it make.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    SPIN OMG. You use the figues one tenth, and say military spending is better than domestic spending and now say what difference does it make.
    Are more Americans without jobs since billions of dollars have been spent to "stimulate" the economy?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,221
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Are more Americans without jobs since billions of dollars have been spent to "stimulate" the economy?

    I don't have the facts handy but it would only mean that it would have been worse and tax cuts do not do a good job to stimulate job growth.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I don't have the facts handy but it would only mean that it would have been worse and tax cuts do not do a good job to stimulate job growth.
    This is a cop out. What facts don't you have handy? The fact that more Americans are out of work now or the fact that billions of dollars were wasted to put more Americans to work? Tax cuts are not part of this conversation.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,221
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    This is a cop out. What facts don't you have handy? The fact that more Americans are out of work now or the fact that billions of dollars were wasted to put more Americans to work? Tax cuts are not part of this conversation.
    Tax cuts were 37% of the Stimulus package. So it is part of this conversation. You make a claim about more jobless without backing it up.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  11. #24
    Tax cuts may be 37% of the stimulus package,but socialized spending amounts to 45% of the allocated money for ARRA. Also note that there is ample evidence to support the lack of job growth by simply looking at the national unemployment numbers. How much evidence do you need? Also take a gander at the sluggish market which was supposed to rebound nicely and certainly did nothing of the sort. When you mature a bit, you'll understand that government intervention into the market by way of takeovers and the Fed extorting the citizenry serve no purpose at all in strengthening capitalism.

  12. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    This is a cop out. What facts don't you have handy? The fact that more Americans are out of work now or the fact that billions of dollars were wasted to put more Americans to work? Tax cuts are not part of this conversation.
    If you take a closer look at the stimulus money allocations involving tax cuts, it's easy to see why the market and job growth are not being served.
    When you cut taxes for middle and lower income individuals and burden wealthy corporations and individuals with more tax, you do nothing to encourage job growth and market confidence. You're beating a dead horse with Jim. He's doing nothing but articulating liberal spin...and he's not even good at it.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    Quick, someone remind me what good an income tax cut is to somebody without a job?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event