Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    Not to dumb down this dicussion ,but if the government would stop spending money on so many BS projects we wouldn't need to have tax breaks or matters of collecting money. It is really not needed to run an efficient government.
    But you only get the government you elect. And it really does not look like you can elect any government with enough backbone to get the country on good health. The problem is it will take some pain. Government programs will have to be cut, those working will have to bear some of the pain themselves.

Lets face it people will be put out of work, from government workers, to construction companies, aerospace manufacturers, the whole gamut. And what will happen then? Will the American people (those out of work) just meekly stand at the side of the road while the well off drive on by?

I do not think the American people have the stomach to take the hard choices until it is forced upon them.

So where do I get this sh^t from, why do I see things this way? Because we lived through it up here for 15 years. The federal government went on a cutting spree, expenses and handouts got paired back.

Finally got on a good financial footing and then a government comes in that decides on tax cuts. Now we are back in debt. Next year they are hinting at a much smaller budget. Mind you they are hoping to get another election under their belt before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    And your children will be paying those bond holders so you can get your tax break today.

The government only redistributes funds in the way its citizens ask it to. I have no problem with the government spending money, as long as they go through the process of collecting it. If we do not like how much they are spending they will feel it in the next election.

Politicians get away with giving us 'free' stuff (tax breaks, infrastructure projects...) by putting off paying for it in the future. The thing is no future politician ever collects the money to pay it off. Until they get in the trouble Greece is in and others outside the country (the bond holders, usually through the IMF) decide how you can run your country.
    That's right the future tax payers are subsidizing todays out of control spending.
    That's why we need a balanced budget ammendment. Too bad liberals generally don't support it. Know why? Its because they would no longer be able to buy votes.

Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    That's right the future tax payers are subsidizing todays out of control spending.
    That's why we need a balanced budget ammendment. Too bad liberals generally don't support it. Know why? Its because they would no longer be able to buy votes.
    Clinton and father Bush lived under a balanced budget (Paygo) limitation. Bush Jr. decided that it was not necessary and got rid of it.

OK. Since you are such a precious additiong to this site and there just is something lovable about you..........I'm gonna write another few words. Mind you I know this will have no effect on you. And I know this will not get through to you. But here goes.........

Oh, never mind.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    The government only redistributes funds in the way its citizens ask it to. I have no problem with the government spending money, as long as they go through the process of collecting it.
    Must be a good harvest this year....

Doubt I'll worry about capital gains tax this time around.....
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Clinton and father Bush lived under a balanced budget (Paygo) limitation. Bush Jr. decided that it was not necessary and got rid of it.
    You are correct, Bush II liked to spend like a liberal, but then again he was also faced with 9-11. Most conservatives were critical of Bush's spending.

Paygo only applies to new programs. Existing descretionary spending programs are free to spiral out of control. Discretionary spending accounts for 40% of federal spending.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Quick, someone remind me what good an income tax cut is to somebody without a job?
    Did you disagree with this policy when Reagan did it?
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

i agree we need money in the government , schools , road maintenance, police, etc....

but every time i pass this certain "NEW" school up the street and see the big clock always reading 2:15 i ask who should get to spend said "money".

mabey ill take a picture and post it in "WALL OF SHAME". mabey...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234