Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Obama's failed stimulus program costs more than the Iraq war.

Check out that chart. Kinda says it all. Now the Democrats will say that the economy is in the tank thanks to the Iraqi war, BS. That tells the story. Check out the link below it tells the facts about the spending for the war vs the stimulus spending and clears the air from the fog the radical Democrats have been creating on this issue. Thank you, thank you very much.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op...101302919.html
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

It's because Bush didn't spend enough. When Obama came in, he had to make up the difference.

Just thought I'd try to think like a liberal. How am I doing?
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    It's because Bush didn't spend enough. When Obama came in, he had to make up the difference.

Just thought I'd try to think like a liberal. How am I doing?
    Very good and I'm sure the lefties will come up with a cock and bull story explaining how black is white and visa versa. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

The cost in dollars for the two wars is almost $1.1 trillion. The cost in dollars for the Iraq war alone is $743 billion and counting. This does not include added costs for longterm care for injuries, VA etc. Not to mention the cost of life. Add the Bush tax cuts and the Medicare prescription bill and you are talking real money. The prescription bill was a good idea just that it was written by the drug companies(Fascism) so it was much more expensive than it had to be. ARRA program was app $787 billion.

http://www.nationalpriorities.org/costofwar_home
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

the libs on this forum, whinned and whimpered that BUSH was spending way too much.
    The conservatives agreed that bush was spending more than b. clinton, and that this was not good.
    Then BO steps in and blows everything out of proportion and spends more than anybody and the libs dont complain at all about BO....

In the past the libs wanted MORE SPENDING, well now they can pay for MY share and like it....
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

It should also be noted:

We kinda HAD to go into Afghanistan after 9-11, not much choice.

Iraq could have been avoided, but we did remove a very evil and hostile regime from power.

What did the stimulus get us? Oh yea, nothing.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

I think it's relevant to ask which programs have or will bear fruit.
    The Iraq War and the spending associated with it have turned in what type of result?
    Now, ask the same question about our strategy in Afghanistan, where the current admin has campaigned on and endorsed a surge with very little media criticism or scrutiny.
    If GWB or any other republican were in the White House, the media would be howling in protest at troop surge levels and spending in the ME. Obama seems to be getting a free pass on his war policies. Neither war will ever be considered a success by historians or scholars, but the jury is still out on what long term results have been achieved in Iraq.
    Afghanistan and the ARRA will both be considered colossal failures, especially when considering the fact that 45% of the money allotted is for spending and social programs. Unemployment still very high and Wall Street is still stumbling because markets aren't stimulated by government intervention. DUH...... as well as the understanding that nothing will change in and around Pakistan and Afghanistan. Hell, it's just a matter of time before a terrorist organization will seize access to WMD's and no amount of money we throw at it will likely prevent it from occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    It should also be noted:

We kinda HAD to go into Afghanistan after 9-11, not much choice.

Iraq could have been avoided, but we did remove a very evil and hostile regime from power.

What did the stimulus get us? Oh yea, nothing.
    Afghanistan was a given. Iraq was just social engineering on a world scale. As you guys are leaving the country has not been able to elect a government and could possibly implode with Iran picking up some of the pieces. It may not have been a very likable regime but at least it was stable.

Kind of hard saying what the present day situation would be like if the stimulus package did not go through. If the US and all the other countries that also had their own stimulus programs finance may have just dried up (as they were worried it will) and most trade would have stopped.

Since many of our products come from each other countries anything that we did not make ourselves might not be available. There was much talk of protectionism and falling into the same pattern of the 30's. With our supply chains and how they are linked today the world may have com to a halt.

Or maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Afghanistan was a given. Iraq was just social engineering on a world scale. As you guys are leaving the country has not been able to elect a government and could possibly implode with Iran picking up some of the pieces. It may not have been a very likable regime but at least it was stable.

Kind of hard saying what the present day situation would be like if the stimulus package did not go through. If the US and all the other countries that also had their own stimulus programs finance may have just dried up (as they were worried it will) and most trade would have stopped.

Since many of our products come from each other countries anything that we did not make ourselves might not be available. There was much talk of protectionism and falling into the same pattern of the 30's. With our supply chains and how they are linked today the world may have com to a halt.

Or maybe not.
    I never supported the Iraq plan, I was with Joe Biden,.. split them into 3 nations. And Bush should have taken out Iran before he left office.

But it is all hindsight.

Stimulus has been a proven failure. Part of it to open up credit needed i think had to be done. But most of that was social engineering on a world scale.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

This should add fuel to the fire.

An apology is due to Barack Obama: his takeover of GM could have gone horribly wrong, but it has not
    http://www.economist.com/node/16846494

GM could have filed bankruptcy. Happens all the time. They restructure and stuff, do not go out of business. No stimulus needed.

Like it or not, war is good for the economy.

We succeeded in Iraq when we captured Saddam Hussein and the Iraqi's put him to death. The rest of our involvement in Iraq was not needed for U.S. interests other then it did boost our economy by keeping more Americans in work.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

your chart is mmeaningless as it attemps to add apples and oranges.For this chaert to have any meaning you must also have a chart of USA econmic health,a chart of stock exchange and a chart of unemployment.
    Almost every state has saved bpolice,firefighters and school teachers.Almost every state has some road or construction going on.That allows people to buy cars made in America as all three car companies are making not losing money.
    Bank closers are slowing to almost nothing.The housing bust is still lagging but there is money to lend in the valts of most of the banks.
    Without the stim there would be no car companies,there would be no movement in housing,there would be police,firefighter,teacher shortages every where and the country in a deep depression.
    It took junior 8 years to tear the country apart,it going to take the country at least 4-5 years to put it back together.
    The only thing I can do is say I'm sorry as I helped get junior elected the first term.I then could not believe how inept he was.At least I kept my eyes open and saw the danger.It sounds like too many of you still have your eyes closed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast