Ground Zero Imam: USA worse than Al-queda

WOW! And so it just gets more interesting:

New audio has surfaced of the imam behind the controversial mosque near Ground Zero allegedly telling an audience overseas that the United States has been far more deadly than al-Qaeda. "We tend to forget, in the West, that the United States has more Muslim blood on its hands than al-Qaeda has on its hands of innocent non Muslims," Feisal Abdul Rauf said

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=38673

Is it just me,.... or is it a really, really, really BAD idea to be paying this dude to be speaking on our behalf overseas?
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    WOW! And so it just gets more interesting:

New audio has surfaced of the imam behind the controversial mosque near Ground Zero allegedly telling an audience overseas that the United States has been far more deadly than al-Qaeda. "We tend to forget, in the West, that the United States has more Muslim blood on its hands than al-Qaeda has on its hands of innocent non Muslims," Feisal Abdul Rauf said

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=38673

Is it just me,.... or is it a really, really, really BAD idea to be paying this dude to be speaking on our behalf overseas?
    Yeah and he is supposed to be the peaceful face of Islam, a moderate. Wow and he defends the terrorist in the lecture by saying there have been terrorism throughout history yes by the Muslims and communists.

They claim to have the "right" to build there mosque to praise there terrorist brothers. What a joke. It is just indefensible. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yeah and he is supposed to be the peaceful face of Islam, a moderate. Wow and he defends the terrorist in the lecture by saying there have been terrorism throughout history yes by the Muslims and communists.

They claim to have the "right" to build there mosque to praise there terrorist brothers. What a joke. It is just indefensible. Thank you very much
    The truth is just emerging. Nobody ever knew who this guy was, so now we got folks digging into it to find out.

It is an outrage!

Could be another thread, but I have a basic point here that "what is this mosque appealing to?" By that, I mean that nobody really wants this mosque. Lefties, sure just out of belligerence. But most muslims don't even want this! It is an albatross around the neck of the moderate muslim community in the USA. Not that I care so much, you know my positions Glenn, my point is that this monument is designed to gain support from the radical element. There is no other rational explanation.

He is on a sharia-expanding mission before this, and this is just a tool to get him a leg-up in that effort.

This is all new stuff, but that is my current take on it. I am still reeling a little. If you look at my early posts on the topic, I was simply on the sour side of neutral on the whole topic. Not no more, buddy! I am cooking some tar and plucking the hens!
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV