Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    You guys just have distributors that don't care or something.

Our Johnstone here gave me a territory. They don't sell Goodman to anyone but me within' this area. They have training from a Goodman dude similar to our dear RoBo. They let us buy the 10 year parts and labor warranty upgrades for $20 per unit.

And by the way, I have NEVER, EVER heard a popping or rattling cabinet from any Goodman I have installed...since they all run proper ESP. If installed right they are unarguably the best value.

However, I know those of you that have something against Goodman have a closed mind as well and won't listen to a word I just said so what the hell am I typing this for .
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

I got Ideas I am happy you get that great service in your area. It just does not happen in most areas. My mind is completly open I have all my trucks with Goodman Amana plus my office windows plastered with Amana Goodman stickers. I bought into the latest round of bull**** from them hook line and sinker.

The bottom line is this This company really does not understand what good customer service really is. They don't commuacate or invest in their people, they are over their heads in almost evey area of there business. they got alot of yes men that can get up and do a song & dance in front of 30 people, but after it is over you will see most of them in the Bar talking about what it was like when they worked for the last company they were at.

Let me give you a example of the latest frustration I was put thru. In Calif we have a attic unit that is a ca recall. This unit will sometimes have a Amana or Goodman lable it was made for them at the time. The program is this, they will give you a equal furnace which is a 80%er or credit.I up sold sold my customer to a high end Amana system 95%er and 16 seer. I bought the equipment and installed. I came back in to get my credit, and this dumb ass at the counter told me OH NO you can just get a furnace you can't get credit. They were willing to pull a 80% furnace which I didn't need, insted of a credit toward the high end system. Yes I got the credit, but I had to get all uppety and mad. Why failure to train there people. How in the hell can they open more branches.

I really not mad about it, just amzed. I don't get mad, just get even. I just placed a order for 10 builder model rheem furnace's that was going to be Goodmans. Last week I sent my Tech in to exchange a t stat at our local Carrier dealer, and they refused to take it because they said I did not buy it from them.

I looked up the paper work and foud I bought 2 last month. I was getting ready to outfit 2 vans for the winter so I gave the order to their compedator in our area. Thats what customer service is all about some dumb ass behind the counter didn't want to fill the paper work out for a refund or exchange and I spent 2 grand with someone else. Thats how a counter person can hurt and thats what Goodman does't understand.They want to open all these branches but they have no real program to attract good people. No I don't get mad anymore My heart can't take it, I just get even.

We sell Maytag and Amana. The Houston Amana just went from a 2nd party distributer to factory run distributer. I can now say the service has become even worse. The only thing they bother to make sure we get is the price increases. Forget about getting something in stock. They never have it. For a good while their pricing was very attractive, but now its on the rise making my other brands look even better.

When we first joined their club, we were promised all kinds of stuff. 1 year later, the support goes out the window, classes go out the window. Prices go out the window. The most difficult part to swallow is the WAITING 30-45min in line, even though we phoned in a willcall order.

[Edited by JasonHoustonTX on 10-15-2004 at 03:29 PM]

Wow you must not be that A Plus dealer I was told will get to the front of the line or get 100 bucks

Originally posted by Roncool
    Wow you must not be that A Plus dealer I was told will get to the front of the line or get 100 bucks
    we are A plus dealer and they have never honored that. We have tried

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by lynn rodenmayer
    You could go with Carrier.

Just kidding.

Carrier,is great for us.

NO Kidding.

Don't see many Carrier Dealers complaining here,other than BenCool.

Ya know, I'm surprised

and also not that much.... at the agreement I'm getting here. I kept a very open mind and believed Goodman on all of their promises. They've held good for a few years now. Then they brought all us dealers together in Denver and announced "We have a completely new management team!" and whammo, they went to pot. Hell of a price difference for quality tho..... An Am Std 90%2st var. spd. costs 1½ times as much as a Goodmana.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I installed 4 goodman furnaces 2 years ago. Yes they have some very thin metal, I was almost afraid to move them in fear of destroying them.

This was an apartment job, so they all went to the same place. One of them didn't work on start up. A year later the other three broke down at three different times of course. And yes they were installed properly.

Coleman MH furnaces are another headache but I still use them when the owner doesn't want to spend the money on a high efficiency 2 pipe furnace. I have box loads of warranty parts for coleman I still need to take back and fill out paperwork for.

I have been a Trane dealer for the past 4 years. I have had 1 condenser fan motor go bad on a unit 3 years old. Other than that I have not had any service calls for Trane units installed by me or otherwise.

I get great technical support whenever I have a question. I get great customer service everytime I call. If they make a mistake, they take care of it and I have never had to raise my voice to them. And some of you know how much I like to raise my voice

Originally posted by dash
    Originally posted by lynn rodenmayer
    You could go with Carrier.

Just kidding.

Carrier,is great for us.

NO Kidding.

Don't see many Carrier Dealers complaining here,other than BenCool.
    I was employed by a Carrier dealer for eight years. Got tired of leaking coils and bad ignitors. Now I'm with a Lennox dealer. Still making up my mind if it is better or worse.

Consider Ruud/Rheem. Look at the distributor. What do they offer? I just took over 2 Amana guys that have been there for 30+ years.
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Ya know, I keep hearing the idiots claiming there is so much difference between their favorite brand and Goodman and it boils down to one word; "bullsh*t"!

If you know what you are doing you can work with anything. Those who make ridiculous claims of thin sheet metal are full of it. Thousands upon thousands of Goodman furnaces are installed by some not so great installers so if someone claims they have problems with Goodman they must be the worst there is claiming to be HVAC technicians.

If you don't like something, which I have my own likes and dislikes, at least don't lie about what you don't like. Since there are more Goodman furnaces heating more homes in North America than any other singular brand it is just ridiculous to make some of the statements that are made.

Honestly folks, it really makes you sound incompetent to not be able to deal with a brand that those you call hacks deal with every day.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

If only Hacks install Goodman then I'm the king of all Hacks and damn proud of it.

My Goodmans run trouble-free for years on end.

It may all just be in your guy's heads. You think Goodman is junk so you just don't install it with the same quality or satisfaction you would a piece of crap Carrier or Trane. Around here it's Trane and Carrier that are the ones to avoid. Lennox isn't too bad but Amana and Goodman have the market share.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Oh Robo..........

It has nothing to do with the "Goodman has more working furnaces than anybodyelse....... yadayadayada...."

It has everything to do with broken promises and lack of support. I just signed my secretary up for a class offered by Am. Std. on how to handle phone calls exactly right to set up sales, and how to close sales on walk in customers. Then my techs get a class on how to sell while on service....... That is worth one helluva lot more to me than cheap furnaces. Actually you may have read A/S is approx. 1.5 times the price of an Amana 95% 2 st. var. spd. That price doesn't scare me at all. Lowering quality and saying its "Bull****" that we all dont just love it does. Some companys [actually only 1 that I know of] think price alone drives sales. I think they'll find it will drive their best dealers away.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast