+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This little Amana dealer

Post Likes
    I'm a 15+ yr. Amana Dealer. Really upset about the promise from Gooman "Amana will remain our quality product, it will not be cheapened to Goodman standards" Then every time I turn around they get worse..... cheaper.... thinner..... noisier....... uglier...... packaged like a trailer house furnace....... all at the same darn price and have honestly become a product that I am not proud to sell. American Standard is coming in to see me in the morning. I've heard some of you guys say they're the best! But it looks like I'd be back to Aluminized, clamshell, POS heat exchanger. Is there such a thing as a Top Quality Brand Furnace out there? Not a Chevy...... A Caddilac.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    I wonder why water furnace might not be poplular by you.

Post Likes
    Whaddaya mean many DDdddds?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Leave it to Gooman to mess up a good thing, look what they did to Robo??
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Diceman
    Leave it to Gooman to mess up a good thing, look what they did to Robo??
    At least he's nice and buys dinner. Cheap hats tho man.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    He left a bunch of hats here, who wants one? Say I......

Post Likes
    Water Furnace in Colorado? I don't know, many D's, about that. Jack, what did you get about 1/2" of rain since the turn of the century?

Post Likes
    edit

[Edited by madeinusa on 10-13-2004 at 05:20 PM]

Post Likes

relax MM

I was just kidding him......:d

Post Likes
    Not a Chevy...... A Caddilac.

Look at the Rheem modulating furnace.
    Not here for a long time, just a good time

XXXXXX

Post Likes
    I have 6 months worth of American-Standard warranties on a cart waiting to get a picture for the wall of shame. 4 compressors and 1/2 a dozen furnace boards. Only reason we still sell it is some people insist on it, believing the Consumer Reports reliability rating. Sure, that was before all the production went south

I'd look at Rheem/Ruud. With the Mod, you are selling 1 incredible furnace that every other bid won't be quoting. Every Tom, Dick & Harriet has 2 stage technology these days. You can get a Janitrol 2 stage variable speed 90 for about the price of a standard A-S 90.

Post Likes

Thank you

loonie!
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Yo Baldy, so Rudd is better than Trane now in vs & resi stuff?

Post Likes
    You could go with Carrier.

Just kidding.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by spotts
    I'm a 15+ yr. Amana Dealer. Really upset about the promise from Gooman "Amana will remain our quality product, it will not be cheapened to Goodman standards" Then every time I turn around they get worse..... cheaper.... thinner..... noisier....... uglier......
    Come on don’t badmouth them, they give you three hardstarts, for new installs.

I can see robos eyes, and neck veins bulging already.

A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes

Ruud

Is the leader in Modulating/Variable Speed.

You want super high quality in an air burning device? Go with Thermopride.

Just, don't use their ugly outdoor ac units.

Post Likes
    We've sold Rheem/Ruud/WK since late 80s, A-S since 1992. In the 90s, I was as Tranewashed as many on here. I sold a lot of Rheem stuff too but avoided some products, like 80% furnaces (noisy) & air handlers (troublesome). We could put in A-S stuff and not have to go back but it was pricey. In the early 2000s, we got a great low price on A-S which made it easier to sell. But that's the same time White-Rodgers started making controls south of the border and A-S/Trane started making recips down there too. Other than some Costa Rican pressure switches, I haven't seen too many problems with Rheem goodies of late. As HJ (where's he been lately?) says, they are all junk though!

Better in VS? Compare the Mod to any other furnace. It's as close to hydronic heat as a forced air system can get. 13 stages, not 2. The output can nearly mimic the heat loss of the house once it starts to get nippy out. The only furnace that really puts a variable speed blower to use. There's a supply & return sensor that lets the blower vary to maintain a 65 degree rise regardless of firing rate. Compare that to the 30 degree rise you can get from a 2 stage on low. I've sold dozens of 2 stage furnaces and customers are happy. But I had never customers RAVE about a furnace until the Mod. Dicey, next time you have a high end customer want a new furnace, get a Mod with the special stat. Call him back next spring and you'll hear it from him!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by BaldLoonie
    Dicey, next time you have a high end customer want a new furnace, get a Mod with the special stat.
    Dice with a high end customer?
    That's pretty funny Baldy!

Post Likes
    Yeah, like the psycho chick on the phone.

Post Likes
    Sorry, I just don't see the big issue here. So the color changed. So the cabinetry of the furnaces are now able to be cut without a blowtorch. Goodman has left the important innards in the Amana equipment alone or bettered it and have taken away the "Better than it has to be" bullshit attitude that kept the Amana brand from being marketable.

All Amana pricing went down when Goodman bought the company. Why pay for what is not needed? The new silicone nitride HSIs with adaptive ignition systems is certainly a nice touch. The corporate one piece air handlers beat the old Amana BMA air handlers hands down.

The one thing I don't like is replacing the 825 rpm motor on some of the outdoor units.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in