+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This little Amana dealer

Post Likes

LOOK!

She just posted!

Post Likes
    Sorry but I hands down agree. The last 4 goodman product I bought have all had problems I hate the color, and I absolutly hate with a cap H to go into my local distribator to pick product up. How in the world can this company expand witout proper help behind the counter.

This company has failed my company at every turn.Heads need to roll in that company and soon. We are using Rheem products now. I just came back from a great training class put on by global distr. for Rudd. I will be in Vages for a 3 day Heil class, and one next week put on for Rheem by heating & Cooling company.

I am a APlus dealer with Goodman, and yup not one class offered, and if there are classes out there and I don't know about them why? after all I am a A plus dealer you would think I would be in the know. I was told that Goodman is commited to it's dealer relationship just doesn't look that way to me.I think they are more commited to great internet sales then helping me be a better installer of the Goodmanamana (all one word now) brand.

Post Likes
    Hey Loonie
    Have ya seen the new solid door design on the Rheem/Rudd RGPN model 80% gas furnace. Its solid door and said to be much quieter. It'll be replacing the RGPH model as distributors get new shipments in stock. We've got about 250 of them in stock now and expecting another shipment from Rheem this next week. BTW, its gone back to the older style draft motor too..

We've got a class here in Ga at our warehouse on Nov 4, gonna debut it to our contractors along with a class on variable speed motors.. This gives our contractors their 4 hours continuing ed credits they need for state license, no cost to our contractors and we gonna feed em to boot. At last count we've got 75 people signed up.

Oh BTW, our average turn time on warranty credits is 48-72 hours if all the info is given to us/me..

Martin

Post Likes
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    [B]Sorry, I just don't see the big issue here. So the color changed. So the cabinetry of the furnaces are now able to be cut without a blowtorch. Goodman has left the important innards in the Amana equipment alone or bettered it and have taken away the "Better than it has to be" bullshit attitude that kept the Amana brand from being marketable.

Come on out here to Colorado Robo and I will help show you the big issue. Lets walk over the Church I just did. Finished the install and fired the 115,000 BTU 90%ers and the ductwork [we thought] went BOOOOOM when the fan came on. I thought "We don't have this problem...." shut them down a BOOOOOM again. Started turning the fans off and on trying to find the banging duct and found nothing. I lowered the fan speed a knotch to see how that would sound. Put the door back on and BOOOM again. It was the furnace!! Actually the POS thin hardly attached bottom on this "Case I dont have to cut with a blowtorch". What am I supposed to do? Build a new bottom for this thing? [Furnace was raised on vibration arrestors, like hundreds of the decent ones] We had to cut chunks of PVC and stuff them under the cheezy panel on the bottom of this furnace to stress it upward and eliminated the banging. How should I feel after spending the last 15 years laughing at cheap assed furnaces like this???? Got more info to come but the AS rep just walked in......
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Thanks Baldy, good info.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes

Re: LOOK!

Originally posted by condenseddave
    She just posted!
    Where was she hiding?

Post Likes

Re: Re: LOOK!

Originally posted by Diceman
    Originally posted by condenseddave
    She just posted!
    Where was she hiding?
    In the body of a boyd.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by spotts
    [B]
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Sorry, I just don't see the big issue here. So the color changed. So the cabinetry of the furnaces are now able to be cut without a blowtorch. Goodman has left the important innards in the Amana equipment alone or bettered it and have taken away the "Better than it has to be" bullshit attitude that kept the Amana brand from being marketable.

Come on out here to Colorado Robo and I will help show you the big issue. Lets walk over the Church I just did. Finished the install and fired the 115,000 BTU 90%ers and the ductwork [we thought] went BOOOOOM when the fan came on. I thought "We don't have this problem...." shut them down a BOOOOOM again. Started turning the fans off and on trying to find the banging duct and found nothing. I lowered the fan speed a knotch to see how that would sound. Put the door back on and BOOOM again. It was the furnace!! Actually the POS thin hardly attached bottom on this "Case I dont have to cut with a blowtorch". What am I supposed to do? Build a new bottom for this thing? [Furnace was raised on vibration arrestors, like hundreds of the decent ones] We had to cut chunks of PVC and stuff them under the cheezy panel on the bottom of this furnace to stress it upward and eliminated the banging. How should I feel after spending the last 15 years laughing at cheap assed furnaces like this???? Got more info to come but the AS rep just walked in......
    Spotts:

Is it fair to say based upon your professional opinion the marketing HOAX GOODMAN has represented to the public pertaining to,” we do not advertise, instead we take this money and put it back into R & D” is a FALSE and MISLEADING statement based upon the POOR quality of the AMANA line you are witnessing at the present time?

Is it fair to say based upon your professional opinion the marketing HOAX GOODMAN has represented to the public pertaining to,” We will revolutionize the air conditioning industry” is a FALSE and MISLEADING statement based upon the POOR quality of the AMANA line you are witnessing at the present time?

Is it fair to say based upon your professional opinion GOODMAN/AMANA manufacturing has DEGRADED the quality of the AMANA equipment line by using PAPER THIN sheet metal in the construction of the cabinetry you are witnessing at the present time?

Is it fair to say based upon your professional opinion you would NOT recommend the AMANA line of equipment to any prospective buyer nor contractor being you have witnessed the DEGRADING OF QUALITY in what you refer to as the BOOMING or POPPING of the sheet metal in the AMANA furnaces?

Is it fair to say based upon your professional opinion contractors should drop the AMANA equipment line based upon the newly acquired knowledge you have provided so they too will not RISK the DOWNGRADING of their companies reputation by using POORLY constructed equipment?

Thank you for your honesty.

No further questions at this time.

[Edited by madeinusa on 10-14-2004 at 02:04 PM]

Post Likes

OK Perry Mason..... It's fair to say

Amana leaves me wanting. Wanting the quality level I have grown accustomed to. They are turning into laughable Gooman quality junk IMHO. I'm a little perturbed about this line from Robo..

[Sorry, I just don't see the big issue here. So the color changed. So the cabinetry of the furnaces are now able to be cut without a blowtorch. Goodman has left the important innards in the Amana equipment alone or bettered it and have taken away the "Better than it has to be" bullshit]

It actually reminds me of Presidential I hope not, John Kerry when he says "I'm going to tax the people who make over $200,000.00 because they dont need that much money" How the hell does he know what people need? Ya don't see him living under $200K I tell ya! And Why does Goodman think a nice heat exchanger and ignitor wrapped in a pile of low quality material is what I need or want??????????? "I want better for the American People and I want better for my Customers!!!!!"
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes

Also Amana

has no technical support at all for me. I come here with the tough questions. Amana has no classes in sales, service, installation, nothing at all actually. Just buy my product, here it is, thats it. When they were good, I could live with that. No I don't want to.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes

Re: Also Amana

Originally posted by spotts
    has no technical support at all for me. I come here with the tough questions. Amana has no classes in sales, service, installation, nothing at all actually. Just buy my product, here it is, thats it. When they were good, I could live with that. No I don't want to.
    So I have my facts straight here Spotts,

Is it fair to say based upon your professional opinion the marketing HOAX GOODMAN/AMANA has represented to the public pertaining to

” BETTER THAN IT HAS TO BE”

is a FALSE and MISLEADING statement based upon the POOR QUALITY of the AMANA line due to the fact of utilizing PAPER THIN sheet metal, which in turn is causing POPPING and BOOMING noises in the furnaces you are witnessing at the present time?

Thank you for your honesty.

No further questions at this time.

Post Likes
    Spotts:

They do not have classes in sales, service or installation, because they do not know how to perform it themselves. If they did they would teach it, it is this simple.

Prime example is back when they purchased that software company that had the load calculation software. They were not intelligent enough to teach a SIMPLE program to their dealers where they would look more professional and knowledgeable. They ended up selling the company back to the previous owner. They are incapable of helping anyone build a business, and you are exactly right with your analysis of here it is come buy it, because this is ALL they have to offer you.

You would slowly slide into the reputation the lower line has with the DEGRADING of the equipment they are now conducting, and NO dealer can afford to have this tarnish their reputation they have worked so long and hard to create.

One day more dealers will realize this about this company, THEY SIMPLY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU.

[Edited by madeinusa on 10-14-2004 at 07:58 PM]

Post Likes

don't blame Amana, Spotty ...

for your piss poor distributor ... i buy from GBG in Pissburg ... there customer support is top notch ... and ... yes .. i'm not likin' the latest cheezo furnaces i picked up ... ... corporate listen' here. RoBo ???

Post Likes

Re: don't blame Amana, Spotty ...

Originally posted by slimwoodie
    for your piss poor distributor ... i buy from GBG in Pissburg ... there customer support is top notch ... and ... yes .. i'm not likin' the latest cheezo furnaces i picked up ... ... corporate listen' here. RoBo ???
    They are factory direct. Not some 2nd hand distributor. Amana's fault skinnywood. What did you think of them making the nice smooth quiet RCC into a rattletrap?
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes

... ... corporate listen' here. RoBo ???
    That’s because they refuse to accept the fact they build garbage. In there eyes the equipment is not the problem, we are. I think they follow the ostrich theory. They stick their heads in the sand and say, “problem, we don’t see any problem”.

Or, “just add a couple of hard starts, that will fix it”.

A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes

RCC ........:(

i don't know what im gonna buy next summer ...if we ever get summer here in NY again ... hey, GBG has GREAT customer support ... maybe part o' yer problewm is that yer dealin' direct w/ the factory ... wanna compare pricing ???

Post Likes

Where you at Slim?

Post Likes

noooooooo, Dice !

i ain't yer nieghbor ......GBG's Corporate HQ is in Pissburgh ... i buy from the upstate NY branch ...

Post Likes
    Oh yeah, I remember they had a branch up in NY somewhere.
    By Rochester???
    Too bad, I was gonna take ya to Primanti's.

Post Likes
    You guys just have distributors that don't care or something.

Our Johnstone here gave me a territory. They don't sell Goodman to anyone but me within' this area. They have training from a Goodman dude similar to our dear RoBo. They let us buy the 10 year parts and labor warranty upgrades for $20 per unit.

And by the way, I have NEVER, EVER heard a popping or rattling cabinet from any Goodman I have installed...since they all run proper ESP. If installed right they are unarguably the best value.

However, I know those of you that have something against Goodman have a closed mind as well and won't listen to a word I just said so what the hell am I typing this for .
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in