Squirrels for Bush - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Originally posted by acmanko
    He is probably going to take corn or some other rotting vegetation and try to find hapless engineers who want to make a new fangled diesel fuel out of it.
    I gotta admit I laughed when I read this

but, I got Erics back though so watch it mister

Originally posted by acmanko
    He is probably going to take corn or some other rotting vegetation and try to find hapless engineers who want to make a new fangled diesel fuel out of it.
    SOYBEANS baby!

They're not just for Tofu anymore!

Eric

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: and dumbasses love kerry...

Originally posted by johnl45
    My point exactly, Bush doesn’t have a clue and his so called tax cut didn’t work because the deficit at an all time high? Yet, he will sign into law shortly another tax cut for corporate America of some 137 billion dollars with unbelievable giveaways to some of the wealthiest people in the country. An example is the PGA tour, so multimillionaires Tiger Woods and Vijay Singh, along with their 300-or-so club-swinging colleagues, don't face any new limits on their plan, which lets them set aside income and avoid paying taxes on it for years. If you’re a millionaire or better the future looks bright with another four years of Bush and his cronies. If Bush gets elected the working mans future is bleak at best. Kerry is the only choice for the working stiffs of America; while it may not get better it won't get worse.
    Come on over for a party, guys!

I JUST got promoted to "some of the wealthiest people in the country." The tax bill contained an excise tax credit for biodiesel that will allow me to actually turn a profit and hire people. Probably a skilled machinist/mechanic type person, and a chemist.

Dubya signed it today.

Since I MUST be wealthy, I can afford to have you all over for steaks and cocktails.

Eric

Link: http://www.biodiesel.org/resources/p...ve_Passage.pdf

[Edited by mtushmoo on 10-22-2004 at 04:52 PM]

So how do I incorporate? I 'spose that I'll have to do that to pick up all these corporate bennies, and get onto my private rich people roads and hire from my elite private stash of educated employees.

Do I send that application to the skull and bones frat house?

Eric

No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Talking

<homer simpson voice> Mmmmmmm. Sarcasm.
    Radiant heating groupie.

mutushmo
    that was a lame pie analogy.

it has as little to do with the economic reality,as bush's "pretend" trickle down windfalls on the economy.

there have been people pushing "supply-side/trickle down" theory since before alexander hamilton was a proponent of it.

i see people all over, talking as if the "economy" were a bunch of "parts", that retain the same characteristics,in different combinations.

the picture of this countries economic situation when reagan was president was peculiar to his time.

the record deficits and debts of the reagan years were "bad economics". but there worlds economy was able to grow regardless , because of the political and dynamic forces present in the 80's and 90's. which clinton took credit for.

reagan's record looks good ,because he "showed" the goods gotten by the spending spree, the gov't went on.
    (hell, the savings and loan scandal alone pumped 500 billion into the economy;in all those real-estate/construction/banking/and other capital investment sectors. while piling that 500 billion onto the united states debt, from the resulting bail-out of the industry.)

but reagan also had the benefit of the deal made with the saudi's and other oil producers to bring the price of a barrel of oil from $25 to $10.by the mid-eighties.(which is what brought an over-leveraged soviet union that had spent too much of its "prospective oil revenues"on military armaments,thus bankrupting them.simultaneously arranging with the major world creditors,to restrict the renewal of furter credit.

the world power players played a masterful hand.that is what ended the cold war.and set the stage for the 90's.many old states property were then transformed into private hands.

that and things like the baby boomers still being a productive segment of the society,and all the other realities,are what blessed that presidential actor with a good reputation.he was what the country needed then.

but this is a new century and millenium.

and bush doesn't(and every one of us)doesn'thave the luxuries they had in the eighties.
    soon the boomers will be retiring, our energy dependence is threatening our security(the middle east,is dangerous to us as a result of decades of dirty deals that got us this far),and if there is an enviromental price to pay on top,global warming(natural cycle or man made),growing holes in the ozone,UV radiation,nuclear waste/accidents/terror attack,magnetic pole flip,what ever it takes to throw the regularity required to operate a "growing" economy.florida wasn't doing much buisness a couple of months ago.luckily disasters like that are usually good for buisnesses,afterwards.

we have already had our "summer" and if a "winter" comes, we have no "stores".

so now bush getting the countries finances teetering on the edge of a worse bond rating.and too many foreign intrests holding notes of credit in our central bank(the fed).we are the ones being set up here for a fall.

the energy situation, needs a miracle to get us out of this.
    (if you have anything to do with "bio-diesel";I would be incredibly interested in hearing about your successes and knowledge in this area. that is a serious alternative)

we are being lined up right now,at least we are on shaky ground, and our saftey cushion is being deflated.

and since kerry has been vetted by the same people that vetted bush,

he will surely be bestowed the "expert" personalities to fill his administration with.that is how a republic works. that is not in jeopardy.

so
    bush has no plan, but has a horrible record.

even if kerry has a plan, that means little as to what will be done, since neither person actually sets economic policies. this is a big government, we got here. and the fed does more to control the economy anyway.

and your analogy of a fixed economy is off ,i think, becuse

there is a fixed,but expandable money supply.

the finite credit(money supply) ,at any one time,which is set by the fed.is fiat money. it has no actual value anymore.there is no gold or silver standard anymore.

and there are the real estate values,
    and there are "held"equities, which aren't counted in many ways and are always changing. that is how money is made.

it is not "real",only people that are lower on the totem pole, think of money as "real".because the "real" economy is almost in the realm of the occult. it exists as it is because of faith and the tradition to honor debts and contractual obligations.

to say 80% of.....

of what?

an inflatable money supply....
    or mortgages held by fannie mae

or the assets and value of land owners and other property owners, that may or may not really be worth anything.or at least more than is owed. luckily someone is contractually obligated to move credit around to allow for the transference of wealth.

so to say, people bicker over all this stuff as if it were a science, if it were it would be reproduceable, yet the "experts", can't quite say why clintons years were so good, or if bush has blown it today.and they can't keep it up.

they created the fed to stabilize the money supply, yet we have had depressions and recessions, just like before.

Money is real

remember, once again I disagree with your skewed perception. When I walk in Circuit City with 2,000 greenbacks to buy a HD TV, that's REAL to me and my family. When this happens more and more each day, it stimulates the economy in a major way. When American consumers buy, it multiplies several times down the economic chain. I do agree that government's main job is to spend my hard earned money more times than not in very frivolous ways. I have voted for the man and the party that will have a better chance to let all (Rich and Poor) keep more of THEIR money. Ultimately, this is the only way a healthy economy will come about.

DAMN

Remember , I didn't realize you were such an optomist... way to go dude.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

and rob,

i'm down there on the totem pole too.

money is real to me. it buys me stuff.
    i'm a cash and carry kind of guy.

I in no way think only in the abstraction of alan greenspans world.where money is not real,just a medium for exchange.

and I'm a proponent of market economics like you say, consumerism has its benefits in the whole.

and I think people that are just as able and less "wonky", connected to the elites, ought to be the ones doing this countries negotiating.how can these people with all their conflicts of intrest, really be on our side.or ,I should say,"when will they be on our side?", because so far they have not ever been.we have made this great life in this country on their crumbs.sometimes the many actually almost managed to secure half the wealth, while the 2% of few had the other half.now that gap is eroding again. wealth is concentrating again. like it was in the twenties.

Yep

Until the end of the twenties. Let us hope it never does that again.

amen

Money is a means to an end.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567