Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hugodrax Guest
    More pictures here and in full size.
    Plus before (Old clunker and After shots) Will be adding more later.

http://www.pbase.com/hugodrax/carrierinfinity

What is that on the panel.....squirrel poop?

[Edited by wolfdog on 10-13-2004 at 04:36 PM]

looks nice. are those little cables supposed to withstand 150 mph hurricane winds?
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Soe what are the cables for?

Ok, ok a squirrel... (or my apprentice pooped) in my tool bag once... I can't see what your seeing Wolf... Hey Hugo, specky install... good touch with that sheet metal shield... and ofcourse my fav... Hard piped ACR...
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Hugo,
    Looks like you got a great install...

I do have a concern about the condensate drain hookup on the airhandler..
    According to a bulliten I got from Bryant, the new air handlers need to have both primary and secondary drain run and trapped separatly.. It does not look like they have both primary and secondary drains hooked up..

Also this unit needs a trap on in each condensate line, in your photos this is not pictured,, it might be located under the platform.. The most important thing about the trap is it must be deep enough to still maintain a water trap under all running conditions.. This is more of a concern on the new airhandler design because the coil and doors are more tightly sealed around which creates more suction on the drain line..
    Older units were not sealed as well around the coil and did not have the presure on the drain line as the new units do..

I don't know exactly why they want the primary and secondary drain hooked up on all installs but that is in the bulliten I have,, so that is how all mine is hooked up..

Good luck with your great system..
    J

Jeez wolf... forgot my x-ray glasses... and clicked on the link hugo sent... oops. I see the linked photos, I'm on the same page now.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

There's nothing there.....but I made you look.

hugodrax Guest

checking condenstate

how do I check without messing with the install. If I pull the service plug on the condenstate I feel a suction going back to the AC when I kick the sucker into high speed which makes sense since you explained the suction effect but if I stick my finger in the hole and seal it with the palm of my hand I do not feel any air or suction but I do feel the very cold water dripping down which leads me to believe they have some kind of trap going. The other hole the guys installed this EZ trap device with a float that shuts down the system if the float detects water they told me that secondary drain is an overflow drain and if water reaches it means a restricted primary and the float will alert me if something is wrong by stopping the AC system and they can come out and inspect for issues. Also what is that funky tank of gas it looks like a mini welding tank and they were pushing this gas down the drain system and checking the meter.

What is ACR pipe?

hugodrax Guest
    Originally posted by rushin
    Soe what are the cables for?
    Its some kind of extra securing, they told me it is to provide additional protection and for hurricanes, they secured it and on one side you can see where it is connected. I thought it was overkill maybe so they do not steal the unit hehe I never seen any Outside units with those heavy rubber coated cables, also this is the first time I have seen a home unit lifted from the slab using these rubber shock type things and then frames bolted to the AC then to the Slab unit itself the guy explained it would prevent the bottom from rusting out by standing water in rains etc..

On the "inside connections" image in the lower right there appears to be a gas line with the gas cock in the "on" position with a severly kinked 3/8" copper line connected to it. Is that line live? Nice install, nice system. It's great to see homeowners who appreciate quality.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Nice install

Good eyes HVAC Pro. I think the installer is trapping the drain outside.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Originally posted by ricm
    Ok, ok a squirrel... (or my apprentice pooped) in my tool bag once... I can't see what your seeing Wolf... Hey Hugo, specky install... good touch with that sheet metal shield... and ofcourse my fav... Hard piped ACR...
    No comment on the squirrel stuff, I dont think that is ACR. It's just a regular lineset with some fittings in it for turns instead of using a REMS Bendser....

Personally I dont like the Hat channel, I preferr to run it insider the wall and hidden when possible, Of corse if that is not possible, then I guess the Hat channel is OK. Sheetrock repair is an add on...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast