Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 70
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    "What conservative Supreme Court?" Our conservative Supreme Court.

    As I understand it the building already does not qualify for an historical site.
    You made an unsupported claim that the Supreme Court is conservative. I questioned your opinion and you just reiterate the same thing you spewed out the first time around. Your opinion of the Supreme Court is worthless.

    If you understand that the building in question does not qualify for an historical or otherwise protected site, why don't you show some rational reason for your understanding? Atlas Shrugged is petitioning to have that site regestered as part of the historical land affected by the attacks of 9-11. Where do you get that this cannot happen?

    Here's a rational opinion of Islam by one of your Atheist buddies;
    Of all the major religions, I find Islam—in its bellicosity, its subjugation of women, its reliance on texts filled with hate and horror (and yes, I know the Old Testament has its gruesome parts and vengeful God), and the desire of many adherents to install Islamic law in their countries—the most repugnant. And I don’t see much evidence of the friendlier, kinder Islam touted by accommodationists. Do remember that 40% of British Muslims want sharia law introduced into the UK. And where was moderate Islam nine years ago? I saw lots of worldwide celebration after September 11, but few condemnations of the perpetrators, and none from Islamic countries. (Yes, I know there must have been a few of them, but they weren’t exactly prominent.)
    At least not all Atheists are just anti-Christian's pretending to not believe in God.
    http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress....e-in-new-york/

    Here page, let me do your work for you;
    A New York City panel voted to allow the project to continue. The panel decided that a 152 year old building near the proposed site is not a historical landmark and can be demolished. The panel disregarded claims that the building should be preserved because it was damaged by airplane debris during the 9/11 attack.
    This will be appealed. Even if everything is decided to be legal in allowing the mosque to be built does not mean there are not other ways of preventing its completion. I must agree with this statement;
    In America today, politicians are so concerned about political correctness that rational decisions are not made. Politicians don't want to offend Muslims or other minority groups, but, in the process, the views of the overwhelming majority of citizens are overlooked.
    There is no doubt in my mind that it is the cowardice of our politicians that causes them to make the decisions for whatever Muslims want, Muslims will get. If any of these politicians openly oppose anything that Muslim's want, they know they will become targets for execution by Muslims. Is that really what the U.S. has become? I believe it is.

    Why should anyone other then a Muslim want to keep appeasing Muslim's while continually opposing the many more American's who are opposed to what Muslim's want? Two reasons; they are either cowards who are afraid to do what is right or they are claimed Atheists who are actually anti-Judeo Christian. Either way, they are of no use to me and have become my enemy for siding with a political organization that has declared war on my country and myself, just because I am not a Muslim.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Good question. We both know that that is impossible, impratical and, well, impossible as well as against what we stand for.

    But we should hold their feet to the fire for a definition of who they truly are based on their past and present actions.

    If we find them to be enemies of the state, those found to be enemies should pay the consequence. That's our justice system in action.

    Remember, we have a religious organization existing in this country, as an example and not as a comparason, that promotes yelling and screeming unbelievable and cruel things at returning GI's who are about to be burried.

    And we, even the friends and families of these GI's who have lost their lives, realize at some level that even they must protect the rights of those idiots that perform these horrific and distasteful actions.
    Yelling horrible things is not murder. Islam condones murder....today, by living Muslims, not from thousands of years ago as seems to have occured in the Old Testament.

    Islam condones slavery....today, not thousands of years ago as is claimed by those who constantly refer to ancient Bible passages that have nothing to do with today, as Islam's command do.

    Women as second class people? Islam = yes, Judeo-Christian = not even close.

    Islamic countries that do not allow any other faith to be legally practiced in public?
    Afghanistan
    Bahrain
    Brunei
    Iran
    Mauritania
    Oman
    Pakistan
    Yemen
    Saudi Arabia

    Christian countries that do not allow any other faith to be legally practiced in public?
    NONE!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  3. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    You made an unsupported claim that the Supreme Court is conservative. I questioned your opinion and you just reiterate the same thing you spewed out the first time around. Your opinion of the Supreme Court is worthless.
    As is yours.

    Robo 2+2=4

    Examples of arithmetic
    2 + 2 = 4
    7 - 5 = 2
    3 * 4 = 12
    6 / 2 = 3
    3 ^ 2 = 9

    http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arithmetic

    I hope this helps

    And BTW Robo I knew that the building had failed the test to meet for historical standards, but didn't have the time to look for references. You should have known if you watch the news. DH
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    As is yours.

    Robo 2+2=4

    Examples of arithmetic
    2 + 2 = 4
    7 - 5 = 2
    3 * 4 = 12
    6 / 2 = 3
    3 ^ 2 = 9

    http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arithmetic

    I hope this helps
    I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. All WikiPedia is stating is that it is the opinion of some that the current Supreme Court is more conservative then was the previous one. This means absolutely nothing. It is liberal bias filler designed to dupe naive fools into thinking that the Supreme Court is conservative.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post

    Why should anyone other then a Muslim want to keep appeasing Muslim's while continually opposing the many more American's who are opposed to what Muslim's want? Two reasons; they are either cowards who are afraid to do what is right or they are claimed Atheists who are actually anti-Judeo Christian. Either way, they are of no use to me and have become my enemy for siding with a political organization that has declared war on my country and myself, just because I am not a Muslim.
    You poor scared little bunnies.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Here you go Robo, I'm sure you were busy reading the Gospels.


    Almost all judicial decisions, they say, can be assigned an ideological value. Those favoring, say, prosecutors and employers are said to be conservative, while those favoring criminal defendants and people claiming discrimination are said to be liberal
    Analyses of databases coding Supreme Court decisions and justices' votes along these lines, one going back to 1953 and another to 1937, show that the Roberts court has staked out territory to the right of the two conservative courts that immediately preceded it by four distinct measures:

    •In its first five years, the Roberts court issued conservative decisions 58 percent of the time. And in the term ending a year ago, the rate rose to 65 percent, the highest number in any year since at least 1953.

    The courts led by Chief Justices Warren Burger, from 1969 to 1986, and William Rehnquist, from 1986 to 2005, issued conservative decisions at an almost indistinguishable rate -- 55 percent of the time.

    •Four of the six most conservative justices of the 44 who have sat on the court since 1937 are serving now: Roberts and Justices Alito, Antonin Scalia and, most conservative of all, Clarence Thomas. (The two others were Burger and Rehnquist.) Justice Anthony Kennedy, the swing justice on the current court, is in the top 10.

    •The Roberts court is finding laws unconstitutional and reversing precedent -- two measures of activism -- no more often than earlier courts. But the ideological direction of the court's activism has undergone a marked change toward conservative results.

    •Until she retired in 2006, O'Connor was very often the court's swing vote, and in her later years she had drifted to the center-left. These days, Kennedy has assumed that crucial role at the court's center, moving the court to the right.

    But this is only for naive fools right? But don't worry you won't be fooled.


    http://www.cleveland.com/nation/inde...t_notable.html
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    26

    Excellent video

    I posted the video to my blog--Uncommonly Brilliant.

    Another excellent website related to this is Jihad Watch.

    Folks, we can bury our heads in a hole and deny this, but this is reality.

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    You poor scared little bunnies.
    That is a stupid accusation, not an answer. What do I have to be afraid of? In the long run, no matter how the world turns out, I believe I will be spending my spiritual eternity with God.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Here you go Robo, I'm sure you were busy reading the Gospels.


    Almost all judicial decisions, they say, can be assigned an ideological value. Those favoring, say, prosecutors and employers are said to be conservative, while those favoring criminal defendants and people claiming discrimination are said to be liberal
    Analyses of databases coding Supreme Court decisions and justices' votes along these lines, one going back to 1953 and another to 1937, show that the Roberts court has staked out territory to the right of the two conservative courts that immediately preceded it by four distinct measures:

    •In its first five years, the Roberts court issued conservative decisions 58 percent of the time. And in the term ending a year ago, the rate rose to 65 percent, the highest number in any year since at least 1953.

    The courts led by Chief Justices Warren Burger, from 1969 to 1986, and William Rehnquist, from 1986 to 2005, issued conservative decisions at an almost indistinguishable rate -- 55 percent of the time.

    •Four of the six most conservative justices of the 44 who have sat on the court since 1937 are serving now: Roberts and Justices Alito, Antonin Scalia and, most conservative of all, Clarence Thomas. (The two others were Burger and Rehnquist.) Justice Anthony Kennedy, the swing justice on the current court, is in the top 10.

    •The Roberts court is finding laws unconstitutional and reversing precedent -- two measures of activism -- no more often than earlier courts. But the ideological direction of the court's activism has undergone a marked change toward conservative results.

    •Until she retired in 2006, O'Connor was very often the court's swing vote, and in her later years she had drifted to the center-left. These days, Kennedy has assumed that crucial role at the court's center, moving the court to the right.

    But this is only for naive fools right? But don't worry you won't be fooled.


    http://www.cleveland.com/nation/inde...t_notable.html
    This is completely based on the author's opinion of what is considered conservative and what is considered liberal. To me, you may be too liberal. To geer, you may be too conservative. Who determines the line between liberal and conservative in order to make a blunt statement that the entire Supreme Court is conservative? Not "more" conservative, but "conservative". Not, conservative compared to other time periods, but "conservative". Without a measureable point of reference, conservative and liberal in this case cannot be accurately defined.

    Judging by the outcome of the cases, I would have to say that the Supreme Court is a liberal court. Of course, my opinion here is based on my feeling the middle point of the scale is further to the right then you would believe it is.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    This is completely based on the author's opinion of what is considered conservative and what is considered liberal. To me, you may be too liberal. To geer, you may be too conservative. Who determines the line between liberal and conservative in order to make a blunt statement that the entire Supreme Court is conservative? Not "more" conservative, but "conservative". Not, conservative compared to other time periods, but "conservative". Without a measureable point of reference, conservative and liberal in this case cannot be accurately defined.

    Judging by the outcome of the cases, I would have to say that the Supreme Court is a liberal court. Of course, my opinion here is based on my feeling the middle point of the scale is further to the right then you would believe it is.


    Typical conservative, your opinion is based on a feeling lol.
    He gave a quantified answere using fair criteria and historical information.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Typical conservative, your opinion is based on a feeling lol.
    He gave a quantified answere using fair criteria and historical information.

    I see that since you can't actually properly address the topic of the nature of Islam you need to attempt to redirect the discussion to a different topic. The nature of the supreme court is not the topic of the thread.

    The thread is in regard to the nature of Islam as addressed in the video. Nothing in the video has been shown to be incorrect. Much of this thread has provided additional material showing the evil nature of Islam as a system of government intent on taking down democracies.

    Hugh
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    I see that since you can't actually properly address the topic of the nature of Islam you need to attempt to redirect the discussion to a different topic. The nature of the supreme court is not the topic of the thread.

    The thread is in regard to the nature of Islam as addressed in the video. Nothing in the video has been shown to be incorrect. Much of this thread has provided additional material showing the evil nature of Islam as a system of government intent on taking down democracies.

    Hugh
    Robo requested the detailed info that was given.

    "The thread is in regard to the nature of Islam as addressed in the video."
    "I see that since you can't actually properly address the topic of the nature of Islam you need to attempt to redirect the discussion to a different topic." LMAO
    LOL You are saying we can only talk about Islam as it relates to this video.
    Where does your authority come from?

    Funny I don't see you censoring other people keeping them on topic. Wonder why.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  13. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Robo requested the detailed info that was given.

    "The thread is in regard to the nature of Islam as addressed in the video."
    "I see that since you can't actually properly address the topic of the nature of Islam you need to attempt to redirect the discussion to a different topic." LMAO
    LOL You are saying we can only talk about Islam as it relates to this video.
    Where does your authority come from?

    What I am saying is that you have failed to make your case that the video contains false information and you failed to make a case that our claim that Islam as a system is inherently a system of terror and subjection by force if necessary.

    Instead you tend to resort to side issues in an effort to avoid the fact that several of us here have solidly defended the points of the video.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event