+ Reply to Thread

Thread: McQuay MicroTech II

Post Likes

McQuay MicroTech II

Does anyone know what DC voltage is for temperature sensors on MicroTech controller-Typical is 0-5 for most. I had one this week only develop 3.78vdc with the sensor disconnected. The chiller thought it was making 44 degree water when in reality it was really making 60 degree water. I love the sensor on the brazed plate evaporator on the AGZ product.
    It might get loud!

Post Likes

McQuay MicroTech II

Analog Inputs
    # Description Signal Source Range
    1 Reset of Leaving Water Temperature 4-20 mA Current 0 to10 degrees
    60°F max inlet
    2 Evaporator Refrigerant Pressure 0.5 to 4.5 VDC (NOTE 1) 0 to 132 psi
    3 Condenser Refrigerant Pressure 0.5 to 4.5 VDC (NOTE 1) 3.6 to 410 psi
    4 Leaving Evaporator Water Temperature Thermister (10k at 77°F, 25°C) -58 to 212°F
    5 Outside Ambient Temperature Thermister (10k at 77°F, 25°C) -58 to 212°F
    NOTE 1: Value at the converter board input. Value at the converter board output is 0.1 VDC – 0.9 VDC.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by duke of earl View Post
    Does anyone know what DC voltage is for temperature sensors on MicroTech controller-Typical is 0-5 for most. I had one this week only develop 3.78vdc with the sensor disconnected. The chiller thought it was making 44 degree water when in reality it was really making 60 degree water. I love the sensor on the brazed plate evaporator on the AGZ product.
    Is it the sensor that is like bulb with some duct tape holding it to the plate?

“It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.”

- E.E. Cummings

Post Likes
    Anyone?
    It might get loud!

Post Likes

McQuay MicroTech II

The MT II uses 10K NTC thermistors. I saw the voltage reference and quoted you the pressure transducers in the last post. I attached the resistance scale for your use.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Likes
    Need2Chill,

I need to know what dc voltage is used for the LWT sensor. The data you provided did not include that information. Thanks for the chart.
    It might get loud!

Post Likes
    I wish McQuay would include the dc values next to the temp/resistance on that chart like most everyone else does.
    It might get loud!

Post Likes

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by duke of earl View Post
    I wish McQuay would include the dc values next to the temp/resistance on that chart like most everyone else does.
    yeah., from what i understand , mcquay is not too helpful with their technical info on their machines

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkwal1 View Post
    yeah., from what i understand , mcquay is not too helpful with their technical info on their machines
    They're no different than most others. You almost need to have worked for one of the factory service groups to understand how much info is out there, but not available to private service organizations. It really is a cryin' shame that they all want to sell parts for 5 times what they're worth, but then refuse to support the folks that put food on their table by buying them.

Post Likes
    Did you call your local McQuay office? I'd agree they may not be too helpful, have you tried calling Staunton, VA? I've gotten some good support from some of their guys there.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Post Likes
    Hi, Would you know the 10 digit super user password ? Paul

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in