Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New to HVAC Guy Question

Although I have been in sales for many years I am very new to HVAC. I already have this unit sold but I am not sure how I can get the curb. I am going from what I think is a 3 Ton Ruud to a 5 Ton Carrier. My problem is that the Model No. and the Serial No. have faded away in the New Mexico Sun. I have looked all over the unit, and my our HVAC Tech has as well. I went to the RUUD Distributorship and they told me where to look but nothing... anyone have any ideas? HELP

If a photo will help I will stop and take a few........Help

Quote Originally Posted by Faron View Post
    Although I have been in sales for many years I am very new to HVAC. I already have this unit sold but I am not sure how I can get the curb. I am going from what I think is a 3 Ton Ruud to a 5 Ton Carrier. My problem is that the Model No. and the Serial No. have faded away in the New Mexico Sun. I have looked all over the unit, and my our HVAC Tech has as well. I went to the RUUD Distributorship and they told me where to look but nothing... anyone have any ideas? HELP

If a photo will help I will stop and take a few........Help
    Get dimensions and give them to the curb adapter people. You could remove the old curb and install the new one as well. Are you selling them duct work also ?

Is the duct work changing with this curb with the increase in capacity? I know this does not answer your question just curious...

I would call the people the company you work with has a relationship with. THey would probably be the most helpful.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    Is the duct work changing with this curb with the increase in capacity? I know this does not answer your question just curious...

I would call the people the company you work with has a relationship with. THey would probably be the most helpful.
    I work with a Commercial Real Estate Company that has many divisions. Cutting to the chase, we own the property and have for about 20 years. The only information that they have is that it they think it is a 1995.

If I give the RUDD guys the measurements around the outside of the unit will they be able to build me a curb?

States may vary...Measure current curb size. You may need to reinforce the roof (I'm assuming this is a RTU) to accomodate the new unit. Every new unit that replaces and old unit in the state of MA and CT requires a new supply and return duct installed as well as a smoke detector installed in the return duct. Might be different in your area.

If I give the RUDD guys the measurements around the outside of the unit will they be able to build me a curb?
    That is a roofing job as well as any reinforcement needed. Some companies handle all of this..most do not. Be prepared to have electrical and plumbling( if needed) done as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    States may vary...Measure current curb size. You may need to reinforce the roof (I'm assuming this is a RTU) to accomodate the new unit. Every new unit that replaces and old unit in the state of MA and CT requires a new supply and return duct installed as well as a smoke detector installed in the return duct. Might be different in your area.
    Thank you for the information and if I am correct you are telling me that RUDD will be able to help me if I give them the outside measurements of the existing curb. I have a Smoke detector going in, and the roof does not need to be reinforced.

Faron - I know a guy in town who could probably do the job for you. Email me if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by garya505 View Post
    Faron - I know a guy in town who could probably do the job for you. Email me if you're interested.
    I appreciate it but I have a really good HVAC Tech, I just cant find a way to get the correct curb. So it is me and not our HVAC Tech.

Not with that little of information. They will need to know the dimensions of the supply and return openings as well as there orientation. As far as curb adapters go.

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Not with that little of information. They will need to know the dimensions of the supply and return openings as well as there orientation. As far as curb adapters go.
    AhhhhHaaaa That is the answer that I was looking for. Not what I wanted but what I was looking for HaHaHa!

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Yes...missed the part about the model # issue. Could be a problem.

So the old unit is still there but you can not find a model # on it ? Look at the compressor tag for the date of manufacture and the btu capacity. With that info and basic unit dimensions your local Rudd dealer should be able to figure out the model. Assuming it is the original compressor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast