Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I wish I could start working in the field but Im still going to school and drawing unemployment. I used to build heavy equipmet for a little company called Volvo. They shut the doors on us back in March due to the economy. Its cheaper to build the stuff over seas and ship it here they said. Im on the trade readjustment act so my schools paid for as long as I keep a c or better average. Last semester I made the deans list with a 3.55 gpa.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpogo View Post
    I wish I could start working in the field but Im still going to school and drawing unemployment. I used to build heavy equipmet for a little company called Volvo. They shut the doors on us back in March due to the economy. Its cheaper to build the stuff over seas and ship it here they said. Im on the trade readjustment act so my schools paid for as long as I keep a c or better average. Last semester I made the deans list with a 3.55 gpa.
    Good luck, I made deans list in college and my major professor "requested' I do a research project. At first it was extra work, but it turned out to be a great experience.

What I am most concerned about with the retraining of a lot of folks to install and repair HVACR is that we will all be working for each other. That will look like this.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

To take the test, I sent a card board copy of myself...and it passed!
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Hurry up and get your promember status and then read, read, read, read, and one more thing, READ. I learned more about superheat and subcooling from this place then I ever got from on the job training.

My practices have surpassed that of my original trainers and I now have to bail them out.

Yes Jd thats the only way to learn some of this stuff, but alot of it for me will have to be hands on. I just tend to learn better that way with some stuff. I used to be the go to guy at my last job on my work station. It even got to the point if I took a vacation some one would call me to ask me a question, and once I even got a call all the way from the plant in Sweden. They wanted to know how I connected some hoses due to they were having problems with em leaking after they started the machine. Turns out they weren't seating them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    To take the test, I sent a card board copy of myself...and it passed!
    I tried that, but the guy seated next to me lit up a cigarette and I cought on fire. True story.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12