Thread: To Basser

Basser,
    I attended the Wilmington Copeland class and the seminar was excellent. We all enjoyed it and appreciated your time and wisdom. I wanted to ask a couple of questions I didn't get in at the session. First, does the test for determining blow by on a refrigerant cooled compressor apply to an air cooled compressor as well, and if not,what means would be used in the case of an air cooled compressor? Also, do you know of any target temps for crankcases? Basically, what is considered too high of a temp on copeland crankcases? Thank you again for an excellent seminar.

Mike

I am guessing you are talking about the COSS Seminar they provide. I went to the one in Greenville, SC and Dave Bell was the speaker. I think everyone should have the opportunity to go to the class. Dave Bell knew his mess.

Thanks to the both of you for your comments, I really appreciate them. I hope you can tell that I enjoy doing the seminars and talking personally, face to face, with you guys.

r404a, first off it was good meeting you. On testing the crankcase pressure to determine blow by on air cooled compressors. Yes, look at the crankcase pressure and compare it to the suction pressure. Be sure the crankcase pressure is not greater then the suction. Remember the little "mills" hole (in the suction cavity) for oil return, that would be the crankcase vent. Also remember here you do not have an oil safety to cycle the compressor off in the case of a loss of oil (could be the result) like you have on refrigerant cooled compressors.

If you need more let me know.

Stay in touch.

hey basser just wanted to echo r404a comments i really got alot out of the seminar in wilmington. wanted to thank r404a for his questions i have a hard time thinking of what to ask the class has already made my job easier thanks again and r404a i owe you dinner.later y,all David from supermarket services

Hey, was that wilmington, DE??? I woulda drove out for that one... Why is that I don't hear about these things until after they occur???

Heatpump,

It was down in Wilmington, North Carolina. If one comes your way, definately check it out. CC Dicksons sponsored this one; I don't know if you guys have that supply house up there or not. Check with Aireco. Prophet, good meeting you and I will see you out on the road. Take it easy.

R404a

heatpump,

go here for the COSS seminar schedule:

http://www.emersonclimate.com/PRODUC....htm#TopOfPage

heatpumpman24

There is a session scheduled for Richmond, VA April 26, 27, 28, 2005. Currently that looks like the nearest one to Delaware. Watch the schedule like emersonclimatecontractor indicated.

Thanks for the heads-up...