Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I've said it here before, If this isn't the election where it comes down to the lesser of two evils, there never was one. No matter who I vote for I'll wonder if I did the right thing.

Bush.....

Pros

Strong leadership, Will do what he feels is best for the country, regardless of world opinion or local polls.
    Has the fortitude to make the hard choices.

Cons

May need a few more brain cells and less testosterone.
    His advisors called it wrong (Rumsfeld,Wolfowitz,Cheney) when they thought we'd be welcomed as liberators in Iraq.
    That probably would have happened had we kept going during Desert Storm, but all those people were murdered by Saddam after we urged them to revolt and left them hanging.

We need balls, but also the brains to know where, when and how to use them. A standing army scattered in pockets throughout a country where the populace hates us being there is a quagmire. Intelligence, special forces and cruise missiles seems a better method of going after al Qaida.

Kerry

Pros ... Hell I don't know, he strikes me as brighter than Bush. At least the Rumsfeld/Wolfowitz team would be out of there.

Cons ...He's a poll reading, Say what he thinks you want to hear political windbag. I don't hear any plans..just talk about plans. I don't think he has a clue, just political ambition to be the president.I don't like what Kerry did after Vietnam.

THAT's why I'm undecided.

Economics?..There's no real difference between the two parties, just hot air and platitudes.

Morals? Kerry's daughters are strait ..Cheney's isn't
    I really don't give a care what adults are doing in their bedroom anyway. I don't lose sleep at night worrying about what gays are doing.

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Nice post Dow I understand where you are coming from these are very close to my feelings. However I also get here from the social aspects of the two parties.

[Edited by classical on 10-10-2004 at 12:03 AM]

I won't say much here, though there is much to say, cause its late, and you may not want to hear it, BUT...

I'm a Christian, and I've recently become aquainted with a christian who did a study on the occult, for religiouse purposes, but it is astounding how much of this occult philosophy permeates poloticks, on mostly one side.

The "environmental movement", the "One world govn't", are straight out of occultic writings. The "Humanism" in political and social agendas, is Satanism, according to Antone Szander Lavae (sp?) the author of the Satanic Bible. The practice of lying about everything...come on, why are these people even considered, and why would anyone choose to be lead by a proven liar??? This desire to bring everyone in the world up to our technical level, and knowlege, the U.N., one world religion...all of it is straight from Satanism and the occult. Bush has steered this country away from some of that that it was headed to, and is recieving flack for it. We need to ask, from who is he recieving it, and why are they promoting an occult agenda?
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Originally posted by no8no3
    I cant see the rational that says one has to be politicly inept to be undecided. I also have never understood the concept of party affiliation as it equates to where one stands on issues. I have for the most part voted democrat in the past, but dont believe in some of the more liberal views of the party. I dont think one should be branded for certain ideologies because of party affiliations.

I dont think the candidates are that far apart on issues, They seem to want the same results, they just have a huge disparity on the way to achieve it.
    ================================================== =========

Kerry - pro-abortion
    Bush - pro-life

Kerry - increase taxes
    Bush - decrease taxes

Kerry - get permission from UN to defend US
    Bush - defend US with or without UN blessings

You just don't get much further apart than that. You say you're undecided because they are alike? You are so wrong. You are undecided because you don't read with comprehension.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

TB.....

You obviously are not just christian, but extremely so. I dont wish to insult you for your beliefs, as you are entitled to them. I'd just like to point out the danger in making such statements based clearly on on a religious opinion. Although i really dont care for Kerry personally, I cant dream of anything said, or done during the campaign that would lead anyone to conclude that an occult agenda of some form exisits in the party.

Clearly the guy needs little more than his voting record to debase him, so why resort to reading a satanic conspiracy into an already dirty race? I really dont believe this kind of attack can help the republican party or it's candidate. If you mearly point out the leadership ability's, and steer away from Baseless theories and inuendo, Your party will be the better for it.

Bootlen....

Maybe i should have been more clear....I was refering to getting the country back on track monetarily...I dont believe either candidate has a clue how to do that. I have watched the debates, listened to the attacks both sides, and still cant decide which is worst. It's not due to comprehension, it's due to the twist and turn that the election takes as time gets near.

Nothing that has been said would make me decide definitively on either guy. I probobly wont vote, due to that very thing.

Re: Bootlen....

Originally posted by no8no3
    Maybe i should have been more clear....I was refering to getting the country back on track monetarily...I dont believe either candidate has a clue how to do that. I have watched the debates, listened to the attacks both sides, and still cant decide which is worst. It's not due to comprehension, it's due to the twist and turn that the election takes as time gets near.

Nothing that has been said would make me decide definitively on either guy. I probobly wont vote, due to that very thing.

Kerry - increase taxes
    Bush - decrease taxes

That's part of it. If you're undecided on just that point, they are far apart on everything else and you should be able to choose the right guy...W, of course.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Bush, Republican, later in life Politician. Kerry, Democrat lifetime Politician. Both members of Political Party, both politicians not really much difference. The need for a viable 3rd party is as great today as ever, but then flipping a coin wouldnt work

It's a TWO PARTY system. Get used to it. If your "3rd party" man is good enough, get 'im on one of the 2 major tickets. If he's not, shut up about 'im. Fer cryin' out loud.

Proud member of KA Club

All you guys are saying that bush is lower taxes and kerry higher taxes.

Now I have trouble beleiving this. You watched the same thing. Kerry promised. He's the guy man. He promised us.

Ya. Right.

Originally posted by Dowadudda
    All you guys are saying that bush is lower taxes and kerry higher taxes.

Now I have trouble beleiving this. You watched the same thing. Kerry promised. He's the guy man. He promised us.

Ya. Right.

That was then. This is now.

Proud member of KA Club

AC I wish also there was a viable third party but there isn't and doesn't appear any real chance for one in the near future.
    In 1980 I voted for John Anderson lot of good that did me and IMHO it was a good thing because Reagan was the right man for the time.
    The same thing I think can be said for GW being the right man for these times.
    As much as I hate it Clinton was the right man for the 90's and not for the reasons you think.
    Clinton was totally ineffectual as a leader and otherwise occupied that the country turned away from the democrats as a whole and allowed the Republicans to gain control of the House and Senate. Clinton then basically let the republicans in many ways run the country. Unfortunately because the Republican majority was so small they had to couch every proposal and bill in a way that the some democrats would lend their support.
    Until the Republicans have a solid overwhelming majority we will never know just exactly what they can and would do with the power. The Democrats had that power for many years and hurt the country in many ways. The republicans may be just as bad or worse if they get that kind of power but I think we need to find out.
    If we have a third party it would only be worse because a consensus could never be reached and even more compromise would have to be dealt with. Look what has happened to Germany with the rise of the green party to a lesser extent look what has happened to France.

Originally posted by acmanko
    Kerry, Democrat lifetime Politician.
    Here in lies the problem with our system. No body republican or democrat I feel should serve more than two terms as a congress person. We need term limits on the congress position. This way you get REAL people with REAL life and work experience running this country instead of people who have no reality of what needs to be accomplished them selves.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast