Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I guess I would get your vote if I ran for office.

Originally posted by acmanko
    I guess I would get your vote if I ran for office.
    ================================================== ==========

Not likely. Read his post again. You wouldn't even qualify fro the ticket.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Re: Re: Re: Re: TB.....

Originally posted by TB
    Originally posted by no8no3
    I think the first sentence in your post gave away the answer....The part about being christian ring a bell?
    What does that mean? most of the folks on this board that have been here for more than two years allready knew that. They seen my stand before, and know my arguments, and that I have never once said "believe me" (because I said so), but wrather "Look into it yourself". What you do with my arguments is not my problem, but I will give you as good a one as you want, and I can muster. I introduced myself as Christian, not to give authority to my words, absolutely not, but to point out that I am not an occultist, and have not immersed myself in the study of it, but I know and regularily talk to someone who has. Though I have not read the entire books to wich i refer, I have read the passages I refer to in their context, in those books. The second point wanted to make with my statement was that the study was not to undermine the political party that disagrees with me, but to find out what it said, and in the process, found out it said the same things certain people in certain political partys, church organizations, cults, loges, behaviors talked about in the Bible in negative light, and many newspaper and social articles say. If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...
    Theres a lot of people out there shapeing social thought, with the thoughts expressed in occultic writings.

Originally posted by no8no3 The OTO, being rich and powerful as you say, wouldn't they be the greatest benefactors of another term for the republicans? [/B]
    that is irrelevent, its not the repubs promoting their agenda right now, its the lib's.
    Originally posted by no8no3 It is a shame that educated people have to resort to debaseing an established constitutional icon such as the democratic party just to win an election. I would think your party would be better served by pointing out their values and attributes, and swaying the undecideds like me with details of how they plan to guide the country for the next four years.

[/B]
    I think so too. I've wondered about that a while now. I've often said that if there ever was a candidate that would stand on his principles, spell them out to us with a take it or leave it attitude, and not back down and waffle when challenged, I would vote fore him, even if I disagreed with him.

[Edited by TB on 10-12-2004 at 04:32 AM] [/B]
    Here it is again, read the last paragraph

I did. You still don't qualify.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

I am "undecided" because I do not want to chose from the choices available.
    Bush might be lowering taxes on some people, but he is spending money like it is somebody elses. I do not like deficits. A deficit today means higher taxes are coming. Not only do we have to pay for the deficit, but we have to pay extra for the interest. Bush is also too secretive. He acts like he is our boss not our servent. I do not like Cheney at all. His ties to Halburton and the money they have made off the war just make me like him less.

I think I like Kerry less. Bush has made some bad decissions, but there is no way of knowing if Kerry's decissions would be any better even with Kerry playing Monday morning quarterback. I do not trust his rhetoric. He is less negative than Bush and his 401 groups, though.

Ussualy I can tell what promises the candidates are able to keep. I have no clue what will happen in the next 4 years with either candidate. I am pretty sure there will be a draft. I think that Kerry will run a bigger deficit than Bush has run.

I feel like the boy in last Sundays funny pages fighting with himself over his decission. If Iraq and the economy take a turn for the better, I will definitely vote for Bush. If he dumped Cheney I would definitely vote for Bush. If the crap hits the preverbial fan in the next month, I still have not ruled Kerry out yet.

Another big reason for me to be undecided: Nobody cares about my vote. They do not campaign in my area. They don't run many ads in my area.

I look at it like truck shopping. I am looking at different trucks, but am not going to buy one yet. When the time comes to buy my next truck I will pick the best truck I can get for my money. The election is still several weeks away.
    There is plenty of time to decide. I have more important thing to think about than who I will vote for in a few weeks.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

TB

My conparison of religious beliefs and the republican party was not meant as derogatory, nor should you feel threatened by the same. I can see you are an astute an educated man, with more than a passing intrest in the election process.

We share much of the same views, and are most likely not that far apart in our assesement of how this country should be run. I was a big Ross Perot fan years ago, but knew he never stood a chance. He was closer to a cartoon character, than a nominee. I did like his ideas, and his like it or leave it attitude. I however still have a problem with a very rich individual in the oval office. I also didn't have a problem with Pat Buchanan. while being ultra conservative, he did have some really good tax plans and remedy's for welfare programs that i was in favor of.

while i do have a history of voting democrat, i do not consider myself liberal. I really dont have a problem with a mixture of church and state either. I dont see this as a huge issue. there should be prayer in school for those that want it, and religious based icons should not have to be removed from publicly owned buildings, just because a supreme court justice say's so. I think there is too many more larger issues to worry about.

Originally posted by kim
    I am "undecided" because I do not want to chose from the choices available.
    Bush might be lowering taxes on some people, but he is spending money like it is somebody elses. I do not like deficits. A deficit today means higher taxes are coming. Not only do we have to pay for the deficit, but we have to pay extra for the interest. Bush is also too secretive. He acts like he is our boss not our servent. I do not like Cheney at all. His ties to Halburton and the money they have made off the war just make me like him less.

I think I like Kerry less. Bush has made some bad decissions, but there is no way of knowing if Kerry's decissions would be any better even with Kerry playing Monday morning quarterback. I do not trust his rhetoric. He is less negative than Bush and his 401 groups, though.

Ussualy I can tell what promises the candidates are able to keep. I have no clue what will happen in the next 4 years with either candidate. I am pretty sure there will be a draft. I think that Kerry will run a bigger deficit than Bush has run.

I feel like the boy in last Sundays funny pages fighting with himself over his decission. If Iraq and the economy take a turn for the better, I will definitely vote for Bush. If he dumped Cheney I would definitely vote for Bush. If the crap hits the preverbial fan in the next month, I still have not ruled Kerry out yet.

Another big reason for me to be undecided: Nobody cares about my vote. They do not campaign in my area. They don't run many ads in my area.

I look at it like truck shopping. I am looking at different trucks, but am not going to buy one yet. When the time comes to buy my next truck I will pick the best truck I can get for my money. The election is still several weeks away.
    There is plenty of time to decide. I have more important thing to think about than who I will vote for in a few weeks.
    ================================================== =========

I understand your concrens, Kim, but you're thinking like a liberal. A healthy economy is the key to paying bills, reducing the deficit, balancing the budget.

All smart business owners know this.

Proud member of KA Club

Re: TB

My conparison of religious beliefs and the republican party was not meant as derogatory, nor should you feel threatened by the same. I can see you are an astute an educated man, with more than a passing intrest in the election process.

We share much of the same views, and are most likely not that far apart in our assesement of how this country should be run. I was a big Ross Perot fan years ago, but knew he never stood a chance. He was closer to a cartoon character, than a nominee. I did like his ideas, and his like it or leave it attitude. I however still have a problem with a very rich individual in the oval office. I also didn't have a problem with Pat Buchanan. while being ultra conservative, he did have some really good tax plans and remedy's for welfare programs that i was in favor of.

while i do have a history of voting democrat, i do not consider myself liberal. I really dont have a problem with a mixture of church and state either. I dont see this as a huge issue. there should be prayer in school for those that want it, and religious based icons should not have to be removed from publicly owned buildings, just because a supreme court justice say's so. I think there is too many more larger issues to worry about.
    ================================================== =========

Hey, no, I agree with you for the most part. I liked Perot, too, till his paranoia became an issue. All that aside, I would have voted for him had he been on one of the major tickets. The reality is that this is a two party election process for all practicality, and I knew that my vote for Perot was a vote for the liberal in that election. So I voted Republican.

I am a realist.

Proud member of KA Club

Well I thought Perot sucked in more ways then one and I'd vote for the likes of Bush and Cheney hands down before I even could consider someone like Perot. Kerry even reminds me of Him.

Kim why do you dislike Cheney so much, if it is his ties to Halliburton/KBR I don't understand?
    Both parties have ties to H/KBR and H/KBR is the only company that is able to fulfill the roles required to support the troops move fuel and all the rest.
    They did it in the first Gulf War they did it in Bosnia and they are doing it in Iraq.
    Cheney doesn't make any more money from Halliburton if they work in Iraq then if they don’t his future pay was deferred before he retired and is a set figure.
    By all accounts and especially after his debate with Edwards he appears to be an intelligent well-spoken strong person.
    That is certainly more than can be said of Edwards!

Re: TB

My conparison of religious beliefs and the republican party was not meant as derogatory, nor should you feel threatened by the same.
    Thanks, no offence taken. I think there is verry little that can be said that I would take offense at.
    I did like his ideas, and his like it or leave it attitude.
    [/B]
    Now thats what I'm talkin about. I really can't remem,ber who I voted for in that one, i voted conservative of course, but I liked Perot's way of spelling out his opinion. Like I said, ac, yeh, I would vote for you or anyone, if you spelled it out like that, unless of cource the candidate was just plain stupid or something, but I think the elected offices of the land have been reduced to so much BS that I would not be afraid to vote for someone I disagreed with, just to make the statement that that is the attitude I want in office, then hopefully someone I agreed with would pull their head out and start standing for something so I could vote fore him.

...and so anyways, that was my dream last night. It aint often I remember my dreams when I'm asleep, but that one I did.

What would you and me do if we diagnosed a furnace, wrong, and just kept insisting it was working? If we made that a habit we would be standing in the soup line, yet that is exactly the kind of goof balls in office, and I'm kinda tired of it, so I tend towards a kind of in-your-face beligerance, and spell out the origin of philosophies that reveals how degenerate they really are. That ,"...speak the truth, in love..." thing Jesus talkes about kind of still eludes me, but truth still needs to get out.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Cheney is an a$$hole, with a big mouth. He would be funny if he were a shock jock like Rush. As the # 2 man, he is less than inappropriate. Repubs do not need the extreme 401 groups when they have Cheney around. His ties to Halburton just adds more suspicion to the secretive nature of the current administration. He would be OK as a key cabinet member. He is a smart man, but I would like to punch him out.

Bootlen, I may be classified as a liberal on some issues, but Pat Bucanan is alright in my book. Of all the people in politics today, Pat would be close to the top of my list to invite to a social function or to invite as a keynote speaker. He is as conservative as they come. I do not think a true christian can make the decisions nessesary to be our leader, so I could not vote for him as president. He would be a great cabinet member too.

I consider myself to be a true compassionate conservative. I think the government should help people that will help the economy. I am a liberal on education, because it is the best way to make a strong economy in the next generation. I am against giving money away. I am for buying a better economy.
    I am a physcal conserative. I like to pay my bills on time. I pay my debts early to avoid the added interest. Deficits are OK in lean times. If the economy is as good as Bush says it is, Bush is a chicken (with a capital P) for not paying for what we get. I rank that sort of attitude right up there with lazy able-bodied welfare crooks.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234