Thread: The Debate

K reminded me of the "Wizard of Oz" when Toto pulled the curtain to expose the truth of the "Wiz".

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."

Hah! "Pay no attention to the my record."

"I know I voted 350 times for higher taxes for all, but pay no attention to my record."

"I respect your moral convictions. I really, really do. But when I become President, I will ride rough-shod over them."

"I am a Catholic but I believe in a woman's right to murder her child."

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

And so it went on and on, ad infinitum.

Let's see now. Curtain number 1 or curtain number 2 or curtain number 3. You just never know which wiz you'll get.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

I believe Bush finally had a fair chance to show America the Kerry that can't do it better, won't do it better.
    Kerry is a friggin liar! plain and simple. And he calls himself a catholic.

Kerry was handed his ass on a platter !

Yeah he has a plan , but he doesn't know what it is because he doesn't know what Iraq situation will be in when he get it......Hmmmmm...Contradiction ?

Seemed to me W did much better this time than the 1st debate, more at ease, less stuttering, got in a few zingers.

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

WE'll just have to wait on the spin, of course only the ignorant would pay attention to what the polls say.

It's about time the President got his act together to debate like a politician.

President Bush is not a good public speaker unless there is a catastrophic reason to be doing so. My first inclination that I truly liked and respected our President was after hearing him speak to us just after the attacks of September 11, 2001. Those speaches led me to believe we have a fine American at the helm.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I agree Robin I was not all that happy with GW as my Governor but for the times we live in he is the right man to be PRESIDENT.

I do think last night he left kerry with too much dignity; he had the opportunity to had him his head on a platter and didn’t take it.

All he had to do was bring up kerry's voting record concerning the Gulf War and kosovo and kerry would not have had a chance. I believe and pray that GW returns as our PRESIDENT and shudder and despair at the thought that kerry might win. Remember that there are more people wanting something from the government than those of us that make it on or own.

Originally posted by ozone drone
    Seemed to me W did much better this time than the 1st debate, more at ease, less stuttering, got in a few zingers.

"I own a lumber company? That's news to me! Wanna buy some wood?

I almost pissed myself! That was a good one. W relates to people better. No question about it.

I can not believe Bush didn’t jump all over kerry when he said’” not necessarily” pertaining to his decision to go to war if he had been the president.

He could’ve got the momentum going his way in a huge way by cramming those words down his throat, and throwing what all kerry has been saying about this war and it being all wrong. But you wait and see ole George will bring it up at the next debate and make him eat it.

Although this is not a "physical" boxing match....

Originally posted by madeinusa
    I can not believe Bush didn’t jump all over kerry when he said’” not necessarily” pertaining to his decision to go to war if he had been the president.

He could’ve got the momentum going his way in a huge way by cramming those words down his throat, and throwing what all kerry has been saying about this war and it being all wrong. But you wait and see ole George will bring it up at the next debate and make him eat it.
    ....any "true defender" knows that you save the KO upper cut for the last round.
    The bit where Bush made his point regardless of what the mediator wanted was classic too. When someone stomps on your toes without just cause, the rules of engagement no longer apply.
    Kerry looked tired, and his wife..... well- she always looks tired.

Kerry literally kicked the Shrubs Butt for the third time making him look like the fool he is.

Originally posted by johnl45
    Kerry literally kicked the Shrubs Butt for the third time making him look like the fool he is.
    ================================================== ==========

Didn't watch the debate, huh?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club