Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

this summer & weigth loss

normal is 30 days with above 90 high temps.
    record is 64 days
    current is 50 days

Cooling degree days
    average season total 1625
    since Jan.1 1568

I've loss 15lbs. this summer. Down to 152.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

I feel ya, its been a hot summer here in NC, I went from 200 down to 185. I cant remember the last time its been so hot for so long.

Start of summer - 265
    Today - 255
    I dont know why the weight is staying. I dont eat breakfast, grab a sandwhich and 2 big gatorades for lunch at 7-11, and eat a small dinner. I wish my wifes boobs would find the 10 lbs I lost.

Do you guys put it all back on in the Fall? I dont want to lose too much, then I gotta buy new pants.

I haven't lost any, if anything I've gained.

Course I've been swamped busy, which means lots of grabbing food on the go, eating late at night after work, and none of that is very good for the ole weight loss at all.

Last summer I was on a roll, lost like 20 some pounds (of the 80 I need to lol), but the ole broken back really stopped the weight loss and helped me get it back on.
    "If you call that hard work, a koalas life would look heroic."

One young guy, not fat, just a big guy, has lost 30#+ this summer.
    Has gained quite a bit elsewhere though, ($$$$).

Talking this summer and weight loss

spoken like a true texan
    hope youre wife dont read this site
    you might lose more weight avoding her frying pan lol

Quote Originally Posted by rogerk View Post
    Start of summer - 265
    Today - 255
    I dont know why the weight is staying. I dont eat breakfast, grab a sandwhich and 2 big gatorades for lunch at 7-11, and eat a small dinner. I wish my wifes boobs would find the 10 lbs I lost.

Do you guys put it all back on in the Fall? I dont want to lose too much, then I gotta buy new pants.

Good LORD Scott! That is High School weight for you aint it???

Crap I thought I had lost alot and I'm still at 159. And you gotta be 2' taller than me.....
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

One thing i like about summer is that i get to loss some weight , and its because the soccer tournament of my company takes place in this season.

Its fun for me to play soccer and at the same time loss weight, here in Culiacan we get about 37C-40C and humidity is very high too, from 80% to almost 100%, so we sweat all day :S.

Quote Originally Posted by Tompudo View Post
    One thing i like about summer is that i get to loss some weight , and its because the soccer tournament of my company takes place in this season.

Its fun for me to play soccer and at the same time loss weight, here in Culiacan we get about 37C-40C and humidity is very high too, from 80% to almost 100%, so we sweat all day :S.

Cool, as in Rosales???
    Last edited by spotts; 08-19-2010 at 06:10 PM.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

It has been very hot and humid here this Summer. Not a record breaker though. I have lost about 40#'s over the last year. The Hot weather has helped a little but I did make specific changes in they way I eat and work.

I cut out 80% of the fast food I used to eat for lunch rolling done the road. What I do eat from fast food joints is stuff like grilled chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun. No high fructose corn syrup at all. I cut way back on my favorite food red meat. More fruits and vegetables. I love V8 juice now.

Another thing I do now is walk a lot of stairs. I also walk three miles a day in the mornings. As soon as it cools down I am walking twice a day. The old phone company buildings I work in have no elevators. I can winch heavy stuff up to the roof, but I usually just make several trips up and down the stairs.

The next and hardest step is to cut back on my beloved scotch whiskey. I will do it. I keep punching new holes in my belt. It used to be in the very first hole, now the extra wraps over a quarter of the way around my body. I don't cut it off to remind myself of what I was.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    It has been very hot and humid here this Summer. Not a record breaker though. I have lost about 40#'s over the last year. The Hot weather has helped a little but I did make specific changes in they way I eat and work.

I cut out 80% of the fast food I used to eat for lunch rolling done the road. What I do eat from fast food joints is stuff like grilled chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun. No high fructose corn syrup at all. I cut way back on my favorite food red meat. More fruits and vegetables. I love V8 juice now.

Another thing I do now is walk a lot of stairs. I also walk three miles a day in the mornings. As soon as it cools down I am walking twice a day. The old phone company buildings I work in have no elevators. I can winch heavy stuff up to the roof, but I usually just make several trips up and down the stairs.

The next and hardest step is to cut back on my beloved scotch whiskey. I will do it. I keep punching new holes in my belt. It used to be in the very first hole, now the extra wraps over a quarter of the way around my body. I don't cut it off to remind myself of what I was.
    Great dude, not everyone is willing to do what youre doing .

For example, i just cant stop having my cup of coffee with a couple of cookies in the morning, and sometimes, in the afternoon too :S T_T.

Quote Originally Posted by Tompudo View Post

Culiche is something else. I only visit between Nov-March. Mosquitoes and gnats are EVERYWHERE. And no weight loss when I'm there, quite the opposite.

weight

Yea I'll put maybe 10 back on this winter. But right now my 34" waist blue jeans fall off without a belt. Have to pull my belt up one more notch too. Jack I was 131 in high school. When we were in Canada Shaun's lady friend was kidding me about not having any ass at all. Guess I took to many of those noassatall pills
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast