Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unions trespassing

Post Likes
    Super fitter.
    I know why my wages are where they are, to compete with the Union and I say TY. I have tried to become a Union member on three occasions. Once as an apprentice in my early days and twice about two years ago. They wanted me to go to hack companys and I care too much about what and how I do things. There are hacks every where and its sad. So I turned it down. I am making more hourly then union rate right now by a little over two dollars. I dont have a pension, but their 401 is nice, they give 5% yearly of gross wages even if I dont contribute. I get vacation and holidays. In my 17 yrs I have worked for three companys and have never been laid off. If you care about what you do and know what you are doing you will be taken care of. My mind has always been open, my brother is a Union Sheet Metal worker and my Mom and Dad are both Union members. So I see how the Unions help.

Post Likes
    I had them show up on a few jobs of mine.(I was lead for 2 to 5 guys at the time)We were on a few small jobs & they showed up to recruit a few times & one time they got down right nasty.They never got very far because the shop I was at,at the time paid better wages & had better benefits.The one guy came on a roof top bitching at us that we were stealing work from union workers yada yada yada.........You should have seen the look on his face when I asked him if he had wings.He said"What do you mean do I have wings?"I told him listen here M,F-er you came up on this roof using my ladder if you try to get back on my ladder I will hit you with this hammer!lol!He turned ghost white & I told him get off my job site you do not work for this company & are not authorized to be on this roof.I thought he was going to sh** his pants lol!needless to say they did not come back to that site.
    Take your time & do it right!

Post Likes

tooo funny, Mark ...

when i was "employed", my boss decked an organizer ....they forced us to vote, too ....Union lost big, 'cause we were all makin' $5 over rate, in the check ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in