+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to study for MA oil burner EXAM

Post Likes

What to study for MA oil burner EXAM

Going to take the exam in two weeks anyone no what i should study?

Post Likes
    Go to Mass Department of Public Safety web site under oil burner it now gives you some study guide info.

Make sure you read understand and know 527 CMR 4.00

From the Web site:
    The applicant must be able to demonstrate knowledge of oil burners and associated equipment by passing a strenuous written and/or oral exam. The applicant must also demonstrate a thorough knowledge of 527 CMR 4.00, as well as knowledge of safety devices, automatic, pneumatic and electronic controls. A working knowledge of pipefitting and heating is essential.

Let us know what happens

Post Likes
    nora book,ma is its own rules on oil burners so lots of trick questions. just read them very carefuly and watch for the wording of the questions and answers.

Post Likes
    I went to NEFI years ago, and was well prepared. The NORA book and the latest edition of the cmr 4.0 should prepare you. Though there are plenty of control questions that were asked that you either learned in the field, or in class.

Good luck.

Post Likes
    he must have had the test already so its just a waiting time for results to be posted. if you need practice tests i have them from my school.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl123 View Post
    he must have had the test already so its just a waiting time for results to be posted. if you need practice tests i have them from my school.
    I forget to look at the date on these posts sometimes, at least it's only a couple weeks old and not a couple of years.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl123 View Post
    Hey Darryl, do you still have practice tests for the Mass Oil burner exam?
    Jeffnemo

Post Likes
    Darryl, do you still have the practice test?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by mlstark View Post
    I forget to look at the date on these posts sometimes, at least it's only a couple weeks old and not a couple of years.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in