+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vulcan saftey vALVE

Post Likes

Vulcan saftey vALVE

Has anyone found an alternative for the Vulcan safety valve 407798-6R. We are told they are obsolete and they are not available. You can remove them and have them rebuilt in three weeks which is not going to fly. No retrofits out there?

Post Likes
    What is the model number of the oven ? I replaced one this year with no availability problem.

Post Likes
    Vulcan GH45

Post Likes
    Parts Town has rebuilt ones available. Their part #VH407798-6R little pricey

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rboucher View Post
    Parts Town has rebuilt ones available. Their part #VH407798-6R little pricey
    Tried that one no go at least not in Chicago

Post Likes
    Try... 3wire

Post Likes
    Does this range have the large or small reset button ?

Post Likes
    try allpoints #52-1108

Post Likes
    We have been talking with hobart who owns Vulcan and no one has them made by Robert Shaw what I understand is that they have mercury in them. A replacement is on the way but not now. you would think that they would replace it with a new one first.

Post Likes
    There are still plenty around of different styles with mercury in them. Allpionts and FMP have quite a few.

Post Likes
    I bought a mercury flame proving switch not to long ago. Hobart convection oven. Very pricey.

Post Likes
    Yes, Hobart is very pricey - - but you can get most parts someplace else much less expensive.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pairman View Post
    Yes, Hobart is very pricey - - but you can get most parts someplace else much less expensive.

We get a lot of parts from Hobart and it must be a good price because our punching person is so good he could get something for less than free. Plus there is something about OEM parts. Just got two from Hobart and they sent a letter and a return box with the valves.

Post Likes
    Reengineering equipment brings on a host of liability issues. I explain that commercial equipment costing thousands of dollars can be expected to cost 10 to 20% a year after five years and considering how much it is used maint. cost is to be expected. Store mgrs. and higherups want their equipment to run forever maint. free. Well, TOO BAD this is the real world and it costs what it costs. More research before a purchase would be an excellent idea, but would also mean these guys would have to work at it. Vulcan is a fine product and the parts are high as hell, as is anything Hobart is involved in. There is also the proprietary way Hobart handles their equipment. I never reccomend them for this reason. I have learned how to repair their equip., but it was the old fashioned way. Tear it apart and figrue out what's wrong and fix it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in