+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: TESTO 550 Don't Buy Just Yet!!

Post Likes
    I sent in my 552 micron gauge and there was no one at the shop for UPS to drop it off.
    I guess they finally got it and sent it back to me. I really need to put all my Testo stuff on Flea Bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by garychance View Post
    How long did it take to get them back? i just sent mine in, and i'm curious on what time frame i'm looking at.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    I sent in my 552 micron gauge and there was no one at the shop for UPS to drop it off.
    I guess they finally got it and sent it back to me. I really need to put all my Testo stuff on Flea Bay.
    Yeah i wish i would have went another way, sman 4's. (I called testo first, and got some lady's voice mail. So then i called johnstone's and they had me bring them in, and sent them off for me)

Post Likes
    Yeah i wish i would have went another way, sman 4's. (I called testo first, and got some lady's voice mail. So then i called johnstone's and they had me bring them in, and sent them off for me)
    Getting sman4 so you can continue to have warranty issues? Why not just get the best?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Getting sman4 so you can continue to have warranty issues? Why not just get the best?
    Everything is the best until it breaks (I have quite a few fieldpiece items, yes i have sman3's that had to be sent back, took maybe a week and had a new set. If i would have got them through johnstone's it would have been over the counter exchange.

Post Likes
    Everything is the best until it breaks
    Yes, except digi-cool doesn't break

Post Likes
    How long did it take to get them back? i just sent mine in, and i'm curious on what time frame i'm looking at.
    The first time it took a month to get them back, sent it again yesterday.

Post Likes
    I love my Sman4's. It cost me the shipping when I sent tools in I got stuck with the shipping. My Johnstone told me that Testo wanted to deal with me direct.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Yes, except digi-cool doesn't break
    Sure they do. I have seen numerous reports of them breaking along with a co-workers whose AK900 broke. Their probes have to be babied more so then others,the ball valve manifold is not that great and they suffer from broken wires internally.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DFanatic View Post
    Sure they do. I have seen numerous reports of them breaking along with a co-workers whose AK900 broke. Their probes have to be babied more so then others,the ball valve manifold is not that great and they suffer from broken wires internally.
    Yes, but all problems can be easily sorted out by the user. See if you can fix the testo when it craps out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DFanatic View Post
    If you take a survey, you would find the failure rate to be probably 1% of the Testo and FP units. And as already mentioned, everything inside and out of the unit is field serviceable.

Post Likes
    Every guy I work with that owns SMAN's or Testo's has had issues, and has had to send in for repair or get a new set.

I have had no issues with my Digi-Cools or YJ Digitals.

I use the gauges practically every day, year round, heat of summer, cold of winter. I don't carry them in a padded case - I leave them hanging in the van.

I did upgrade to cooper probes recently, but my digi-cool pipe clamps still work fine and have no issues.

I did have issues with the Digi-Cool ball valve manifold that would not completely shut off. I had to tighten the screw on the side periodically to get it to stop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in