+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Liebert OpenComs

Post Likes

Liebert OpenComs

Has anyone ever used one of these NIC cards in a Liebert unit.

A customer noticed the card and the Ethernet port and wants to see its capabilites.
    All I can find is that it does GUI and MOdbus 485 links.
    Can anyone speak of your experience of using one with the GUI and/or modbus connections to a modbus/bacnet gateway.
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    I got prices on them a few years back for possible use on a job, be prepared for major sticker shock.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    Actually, I think opencomms modbusRTU NIC was pretty cheap compare to other options.
    But have not had a chance yet to use it in actual field application.

Post Likes
    I've used the modbus RTU nic. Works fine and will work on the older system 300 (from memory), but you won't get all the data on the older models. For example either high pressure switch trips and it comes through as if both have tripped and a few other 'minor' details. We have around 50 of these all going to either a modbus RTU gatewy with around 15 max Liebert NIC's going to a single gateway. Works well and the modbus documentation was straightforward and one of the easiest to work with.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    Modbus registers for these cards are unique to the OC485 cards and their capabilities are pretty much limited to the capabilities of the unit. Other than finding the docs everyone seems pretty happy with these option cards.

http://www.liebert.com/product_pages...x?id=185&hz=60

The web card can do SNMP too which is quite popular as well.

http://www.liebert.com/product_pages...x?id=184&hz=60

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in