Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 23 of 23
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    159
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by westcoast refer man

    Andy Schoen is definitely not chicken salad; more like lobster thermador. Talk about getting a response from factory people. Andy has worked for Sporlan for many years, posts on this site regularly, and has authored numerous trade publication articles to help educate us in the field.

    Go back and read some of his posts and you'll see the level of expertise he provides. [/B]

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    159
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by westcoast refer man

    Andy Schoen is definitely not chicken salad; more like lobster thermador. Talk about getting a response from factory people. Andy has worked for Sporlan for many years, posts on this site regularly, and has authored numerous trade publication articles to help educate us in the field.

    Go back and read some of his posts and you'll see the level of expertise he provides. [/B]
    I just ran across an article in the Sept 27, 2004 edition of The News. There's an article titled "Solutions for Common TEV Problems that Andy probably wrote all together or at least part of it.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    6,047
    Post Likes
    Okay .... I made a mistake. Well ... more like an oversight.
    Glad someone caught that one.

    Too bad we we're all asleep when the EPA anounced real freons were going to be cut off.
    Oh well.....



    Thanks for mentioniong Andy.
    And it's nice to have an Emerson rep here. But where's Tecumseh? Where's NuCalgon? Where's Supco?


    Maybe soon.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,214
    Post Likes
    Where are Danfoss valves manufactured?
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    159
    Post Likes
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by R12rules
    [B]Okay .... I made a mistake. Well ... more like an oversight.
    Glad someone caught that one.

    Hey R12rules,

    Don't take my comments to heart. I only wanted Andy to get his kudos.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    18
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by thehumid1
    Where are Danfoss valves manufactured?
    Depends on the valve. The majority are made in Denmark. We also make some in Mexico and China. All assembly lines are pretty much 100% automated.

    Danfoss AE

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,987
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by R12rules
    I hear Danfoss has a new SS valve that requires no precaution whatsoever.
    I wonder how they conpensate for the heat being absorbed by the internals parts. Also that spring.
    We don't compensate for heat being absorbed into the internals because the heat doesn't get to the internals.
    It does take some talent to overheat the superheat spring... but it does happen on occasion. For example, if someone brazes the TEV with a sufficient nitrogen flow thru the valve, the nitrogen can get hot enough to overheat the spring.

    In such a case, you commend the serviceman for using nitrogen when brazing, but then tell him to ease up on the nitrogen flow, or better yet, shut it off when brazing.

    Originally posted by danfoss engineer
    PS. Andy is indeed chicken salad

    Danfoss AE (Cobb Salad)
    A U.S. based Danfoss engineer, from your Baltimore operations perhaps?. Welcome to hvac-talk.com

    [Edited by Andy Schoen on 10-08-2004 at 06:49 PM]

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    new orleans,la
    Posts
    147
    Post Likes
    Hello Mr. Danfoss AE. I am glad to see you here

    I had a question for you. What is going on with all the Danfoss Hot gas valves inside of the new Manitowoc ice machines? I had found so many of them failed prematurely with in warranty period.


    koolrite837

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    18
    Post Likes
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Andy Schoen
    A U.S. based Danfoss engineer, from your Baltimore operations perhaps?. Welcome to hvac-talk.com
    Thanks and yes I'm at the US HQ in Baltimore. Hope to provide a service close to what you are doing.

    Originally posted by bvzung
    I had a question for you. What is going on with all the Danfoss Hot gas valves inside of the new Manitowoc ice machines? I had found so many of them failed prematurely with in warranty period.
    Do you mean the hot gas solenoid valves? I seem to remember there being something not right with early versions. I'll find out on Monday and post back.

    Danfoss AE

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    6,047
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by Andy Schoen
    Originally posted by frozensolid
    Whats Andy chicken salad? I have seen him answer many sporlan component questions.
    Yeah R12rules, am I chicken salad? ... [/B]
    Hey Andy ... ya need to speak up more often! We desperately need your input!!!


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Quality Home Comfort Awards