Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by westcoast refer man

Andy Schoen is definitely not chicken salad; more like lobster thermador. Talk about getting a response from factory people. Andy has worked for Sporlan for many years, posts on this site regularly, and has authored numerous trade publication articles to help educate us in the field.

Go back and read some of his posts and you'll see the level of expertise he provides. [/B]

Originally posted by westcoast refer man

Andy Schoen is definitely not chicken salad; more like lobster thermador. Talk about getting a response from factory people. Andy has worked for Sporlan for many years, posts on this site regularly, and has authored numerous trade publication articles to help educate us in the field.

Go back and read some of his posts and you'll see the level of expertise he provides. [/B]
    I just ran across an article in the Sept 27, 2004 edition of The News. There's an article titled "Solutions for Common TEV Problems that Andy probably wrote all together or at least part of it.

Okay .... I made a mistake. Well ... more like an oversight.
    Glad someone caught that one.

Too bad we we're all asleep when the EPA anounced real freons were going to be cut off.
    Oh well.....

Thanks for mentioniong Andy.
    And it's nice to have an Emerson rep here. But where's Tecumseh? Where's NuCalgon? Where's Supco?

Maybe soon.

Where are Danfoss valves manufactured?
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by R12rules
    [B]Okay .... I made a mistake. Well ... more like an oversight.
    Glad someone caught that one.

Hey R12rules,

Don't take my comments to heart. I only wanted Andy to get his kudos.

Originally posted by thehumid1
    Where are Danfoss valves manufactured?
    Depends on the valve. The majority are made in Denmark. We also make some in Mexico and China. All assembly lines are pretty much 100% automated.

Danfoss AE

Originally posted by R12rules
    I hear Danfoss has a new SS valve that requires no precaution whatsoever.
    I wonder how they conpensate for the heat being absorbed by the internals parts. Also that spring.
    We don't compensate for heat being absorbed into the internals because the heat doesn't get to the internals.
    It does take some talent to overheat the superheat spring... but it does happen on occasion. For example, if someone brazes the TEV with a sufficient nitrogen flow thru the valve, the nitrogen can get hot enough to overheat the spring.

In such a case, you commend the serviceman for using nitrogen when brazing, but then tell him to ease up on the nitrogen flow, or better yet, shut it off when brazing.

Originally posted by danfoss engineer
    PS. Andy is indeed chicken salad

Danfoss AE (Cobb Salad)
    A U.S. based Danfoss engineer, from your Baltimore operations perhaps?. Welcome to hvac-talk.com

[Edited by Andy Schoen on 10-08-2004 at 06:49 PM]

Hello Mr. Danfoss AE. I am glad to see you here

I had a question for you. What is going on with all the Danfoss Hot gas valves inside of the new Manitowoc ice machines? I had found so many of them failed prematurely with in warranty period.

koolrite837

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Andy Schoen
    A U.S. based Danfoss engineer, from your Baltimore operations perhaps?. Welcome to hvac-talk.com
    Thanks and yes I'm at the US HQ in Baltimore. Hope to provide a service close to what you are doing.

Originally posted by bvzung
    I had a question for you. What is going on with all the Danfoss Hot gas valves inside of the new Manitowoc ice machines? I had found so many of them failed prematurely with in warranty period.
    Do you mean the hot gas solenoid valves? I seem to remember there being something not right with early versions. I'll find out on Monday and post back.

Danfoss AE

Originally posted by Andy Schoen
    Originally posted by frozensolid
    Whats Andy chicken salad? I have seen him answer many sporlan component questions.
    Yeah R12rules, am I chicken salad? ... [/B]
    Hey Andy ... ya need to speak up more often! We desperately need your input!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12