Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I suggest a data logger on EWT & LWT you need some exact numbers.
    You are making too many assumptions. It sounds like a water problem be it temp, flow, or fouling.

Is this system just Geo or do you have a cooling tower, If it's just geo sounds like you don't have enough tube in the ground, or if it has a tower I would lower your water temp.
    We don't ever let it get higher than 90deg.

Quote Originally Posted by teeball57 View Post
    I suggest a data logger on EWT & LWT you need some exact numbers.
    You are making too many assumptions. It sounds like a water problem be it temp, flow, or fouling.
    yep, seen it a million times
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Quote Originally Posted by controldude View Post
    Is this system just Geo or do you have a cooling tower, If it's just geo sounds like you don't have enough tube in the ground, or if it has a tower I would lower your water temp.
    We don't ever let it get higher than 90deg.
    both scenarios are the common reason customers don't like water scource and have issues. there is a lack of engineering and design in the loop.
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Trane WSHP

What you are describing looks to me like a combination of high EWT and low flow.
    A typical wshp setup runs about a 10-11 degree delta T on the water temperatures when in cooling.
    Some people like to push for 15 degrees but you don't get much more cooling from that slower water flow and the compressor power consumtion increases. That means the compressor is working harder = higher head pressure.
    This summer continues to be a tough one on cooling equipment. High ambient temps, water temps and EAT are killing WSHP all over the country.
    If the EWT is toward the top end of the unit tolerance (95 EWT is higher than average)you can compensate by increase the water flow rate. Yeah, this increases loop pump power consumption but will reduce nuisance trips on the units.
    This is going on the idea the unit is OK for service.

whats the supereheat at the point you removesd the bulb? your looking for about 6 to 8 degrees F. the check at the inlet of compressor, you might have a charge issues or air in the unit.
    If you cant cool it
    HEAT THE Hello out of it

Quote Originally Posted by esornivram View Post
    whats the supereheat at the point you removesd the bulb? your looking for about 6 to 8 degrees F. the check at the inlet of compressor, you might have a charge issues or air in the unit.
    This thread was started in August, 2010. Let's hope somebody has solved it by now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12