+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Iceomatic, R-502

Post Likes
    It sits above a soda fountian, remote condenser on roof. man. high head reset was not tripped, i never ounce touched it!
    Head worried me, though, pushing 300 at begin of freeze cycle.
    Back to the point, i was called y/d, dead machine. I moved the togle from ice to off and back again, it started, lockout relay? no board at all on this thing. then i noticed burnt spade on run cap, repaired and run checked, dropped three nice sheets in 17 mins. each
    Time and calls pileing up so I buttoned it up.
    Today same thing! I toggeled the switch and walawala, ice 'a droppin like flies! Whats going on?
    Teach the Gospel daily and if necessary use words.... Saint Fran.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Old is all i can say, not sure, the tag has been wiped clean.

Jim

Post Likes
    Jim, what's the condition of the condensor? What's the climate like where your at? Are you experiencing cool nights?
    Can you tell what time of day the machine is going down?

Can you simulate any problem? Like restart after a full bin. Can you restart the unit once you have had it running for a few cycles then turned it off/ then shortly back ON?
    Perhaps once the components have all cooled, everything is willing and able to resume ops. Possibly something is overheating during extended run cycles?

Post Likes
    Thanks R12, it's still staying above 70 here over night, Bradenton FL. My boss went out today, in a brief nextel conversation he said the water curtian is bad, i'm okay, he knows i've been a residential tech.
    Refrideration is a whole new ball game and i'm enjoying the challenge, hanging in on the days i don't!
    I apreciate the input, Thank you, Lusker, i love the ice-hole comment, just my thought as i listened to all the convience store customers below my ladder as i scratched my head.

Jim

[Edited by jappell on 10-07-2004 at 07:11 PM]

Post Likes
    overnighted the curtian and i had the dubious distintion of clipping in the new one, after 2 hours of looking at the old one, that little stuff sucks. Learning it is great! So glad it's friday!

Post Likes
    yeah i did add that d in refrige. oops, i've always known it as reefer................long term dyxlesia.
    Goodnight ya all!

Post Likes
    I simply HATED ice makers until I got training.
    Once I had that under my belt, I was able to build confidence and accomplish some serious issues.

The main thing is this; know what to expect from the system you are servicing.
    Be it a 100ton chiller or a 600 pound ice machine.

As long as you know what the sequence of operation is, then you know where to look for trouble.

No matter which end of it you are viewing ... a goat is still a goat!
    So as long as you know what to expect.... you can take the apropriate steps.

Beware though of the goat who has just eaten a big meal.
    You DON'T want to be on the WRONG end when they "feel the need".
    Don't believe me, just ask Popa Dice?

Post Likes
    Did you check your txv and doseit have a head master?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in