Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 37
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,310
    Wow, left unchecked ger just pukes out more stupid every hour.

    Why do you seek out any thread related to god and viciously attack it?

    Why not start your own [ im stupid and dont believe in god unless its peer group supported ] thread?

    See the thing is geer, your not selling your idea, your just bashing something your afraid of.

    Even the idea that a scientist could be fired for believing in a creator is sick and absolutly wrong. Hopefully they get an attorney.

    Hey geer, still no missing link, still no proof that man can create life.
    Your position is indefensible , now live on secure in the knowledge that in thousands of years, you alone know all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,because you read it in a book some other fool with initials after his name wrote.

    Your part of the problem,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,period
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    You post a link challenging a documentary that you could not even be bothered to watch...Well ok, no wisdom in actually knowing what you are argueing about I guess.
    I am familiar with the content, the science, the people, the alleged cases of discrimination, Intelligent Design/Creation, and the issues in the flick.

    What comments about science and evidence? Since you like to make idiotic semantic arguments that make no sense at all and since sarcasm seems to be lost on you,
    Semantics? Not knowing the difference between Evolution and Abiogenesis is not a matter of semantics.

    It is a matter of scientific ignorance.


    I'll put this very succinctly just for you geer. The thing with evolution is you have to have an original life form to evolve from. That initial life form is what ID proponents argue is the work of a designer. You evidently think that initial life form just sort of happened.. abiogenesis. ID proponents theory requires faith and so does your religious doctrin that you call abiogenesis.
    Just happened? No, the genesis of life was a long step by step bio-chemical process.

    Faith? No, just good old every day scientific evidence




    Here's my point, you ridicule others who believe in a designer while at the same time you cling to your religious belief in presto magic spontaneous life.
    Spontaneous generation of life is not a scientific concept as it was shown to be invalid about 150 years ago by Pasteur.



    I am pointing this out because you are an offensive and intolerant person.
    Only to the uninformed and superstition ridden.


    I've read your posts on other threads also and you consistantly post things that appear to be for no other purpose than being a pest.
    So you don't believe in god or a creator, fine. Why make a mockery of something that billions of people put faith in.
    Popularity does not confer validity.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    Lol...
    I heard microsoft is coming out with a game for xbox 360 called Spontaneous warriors. Some chemists who are followers of the athiest faith figure out the secret formula for creating life and then they build a humanoid army with their new discovery. The humanoids try to take over the world. Not as cool as resident evil 3 but still pretty cool.
    Today's sci-fi has often become tomorrows reality.


    Resident evil 3?

    How old are you?
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Why do you seek out any thread related to god and viciously attack it?
    This thread is about science.

    Why not start your own [ im stupid and dont believe in god unless its peer group supported ] thread?
    Better topic would be "Why do the science challenged insist upon revealing their ignorance in public?"


    See the thing is geer, your not selling your idea, your just bashing something your afraid of.
    I don't sell anything, only correct some of the more egregious nonsense posted here.

    Afraid? I'm not the one cringing before a non-exsistent tribal deity.


    Even the idea that a scientist could be fired for believing in a creator is sick and absolutly wrong. Hopefully they get an attorney.
    Given the facts, (rather than the laughable exaggerations and falsehoods in Expelled) I would say good luck finding a reputable attorney.

    Hey geer, still no missing link
    Never was one, at least not in knowledgeable circles.

    There is however a massive amount of fossil, microbiological, systematic, and geological evidence of the evolution of man and related species.


    still no proof that man can create life.
    There is however successful research and experimental lab results that are leading in this direction.

    Mother Nature took around a billion years to come up with life, man has only been at it for little more than a century.

    Hell boy, not that long ago space flight was considered impossible.


    Your position is indefensible
    Says one whose knowledge of science is appallingly deficient.



    now live on secure in the knowledge that in thousands of years, you alone know all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,because you read it in a book some other fool with initials after his name wrote.
    Pity that some of you god people aren't as secure in your knowledge.


    Your part of the problem,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,period
    What problem is that?
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,310
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    This thread is about science.

    Better topic would be "Why do the science challenged insist upon revealing their ignorance in public?"


    I don't sell anything, only correct some of the more egregious nonsense posted here.

    Afraid? I'm not the one cringing before a non-exsistent tribal deity.


    Given the facts, (rather than the laughable exaggerations and falsehoods in Expelled) I would say good luck finding a reputable attorney.

    Never was one, at least not in knowledgeable circles.

    There is however a massive amount of fossil, microbiological, systematic, and geological evidence of the evolution of man and related species.


    There is however successful research and experimental lab results that are leading in this direction.

    Mother Nature took around a billion years to come up with life, man has only been at it for little more than a century.

    Hell boy, not that long ago space flight was considered impossible.


    Says one whose knowledge of science is appallingly deficient.



    Pity that some of you god people aren't as secure in your knowledge.


    What problem is that?
    The problem is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,your unhappy
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    976
    You post a link challenging a documentary that you could not even be bothered to watch...Well ok, no wisdom in actually knowing what you are argueing about I guess.

    I am familiar with the content, the science, the people, the alleged cases of discrimination, Intelligent Design/Creation, and the issues in the flick.
    Actually your not familiar with it, you think that I confused evolution with abiogenesis. I didn't. If you watched the documentary you would know that the film was about the conflict between evolution and ID. Abiogenesis requires evolution. You introduced abiogenesis into the conversation. I was just being polite and not using semantics. Unfortunately I did not know at that time that you were going to argue like an 8 year old.

    Quote:
    What comments about science and evidence? Since you like to make idiotic semantic arguments that make no sense at all and since sarcasm seems to be lost on you,

    Semantics? Not knowing the difference between Evolution and Abiogenesis is not a matter of semantics.
    Without abiogenesis (if you believe in that fairy tale) there is no evolution. Again, if I knew I was dealing with someone who argues like an 8 year old, I would have first mentioned abiogenesis which by the way relies on evolution in its supposed process of generating the first life form.
    And what a tortured theory.

    Quote:
    I'll put this very succinctly just for you geer. The thing with evolution is you have to have an original life form to evolve from. That initial life form is what ID proponents argue is the work of a designer. You evidently think that initial life form just sort of happened.. abiogenesis. ID proponents theory requires faith and so does your religious doctrin that you call abiogenesis.

    PHP Code:
    Just happenedNothe genesis of life was a long step by step bio-chemical process
    According to your high priests it was an evolution/genesis of complex compounds. Hopefully xbox 360 will show the genesis/evolution.

    PHP Code:
    FaithNojust good old every day scientific evidence 
    No matter how tortured improbable and likely impossible and fantastically ludicris your religious theory is at least you believe in something..I guess.




    Quote:
    Here's my point, you ridicule others who believe in a designer while at the same time you cling to your religious belief in presto magic spontaneous life.

    PHP Code:
    Spontaneous generation of life is not a scientific concept as it was shown to be invalid about 150 years ago by Pasteur
    abiogenesis is spontaneous life 2.0 only with a lot of more unproveable egg head mumbo jumbo, but you go on ahead with your silly fantasies if it makes you feel better.






    Quote:
    I am pointing this out because you are an offensive and intolerant person.

    PHP Code:
    Only to the uninformed and superstition ridden
    Unless of course your superstition of choice happens to be the fairytale called spontaneous life 2.0 or abiogenesis.



    Quote:
    I've read your posts on other threads also and you consistantly post things that appear to be for no other purpose than being a pest.
    So you don't believe in god or a creator, fine. Why make a mockery of something that billions of people put faith in.

    PHP Code:
    Popularity does not confer validity
    Neither does merely being called a scientist confer validity to a unprovable fairytale. But you go ahead and continue to worship at the alter of your high priests of fairytale science.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876


    Thought I would watch the criticism before I watched the movie as it will take a while to download all the parts.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Without abiogenesis (if you believe in that fairy tale) there is no evolution. Again, if I knew I was dealing with someone who argues like an 8 year old, I would have first mentioned abiogenesis which by the way relies on evolution in its supposed process of generating the first life form.
    And what a tortured theory.
    Evolution does not require abiogenesis. Life can rise any old way and it would not make one bit of difference to Evolution.

    You need to quit conflating evolution with abiogenesis.

    It only reinforces your lack of understanding of science.



    According to your high priests it was an evolution/genesis of complex compounds.
    I believe I just said the same thing.





    No matter how tortured improbable and likely impossible and fantastically ludicris your religious theory is at least you believe in something..I guess.
    Religious theory?

    No it is science theory.

    Do you not know the difference?




    abiogenesis is spontaneous life 2.0 only with a lot of more unproveable egg head mumbo jumbo, but you go on ahead with your silly fantasies if it makes you feel better.
    If as you say abiogenesis is an unproveable fantasy, how do you know that it is spontaneous?


    Unless of course your superstition of choice happens to be the fairytale called spontaneous life 2.0 or abiogenesis.
    See above.




    Neither does merely being called a scientist confer validity to a unprovable fairytale. But you go ahead and continue to worship at the alter of your high priests of fairytale science.
    I shall.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,310
    Ya know geer, for someone who claims to be so smart they wouldnt waste time watching the movie, youve been camping here for some time now.

    Ive got a better idea, slide on your birkenstocks and take you dog or cat for a walk with your significant other.
    It may easy whats left of your mind.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,015
    What I don't understand is why you(geer) have to come in and bash other people's ideas or personal beliefs if you don't believe in them or they go against what you believe. Now I remember why I don't post stuff in here, I hate this bull****, don't you have anything better to do? If you wanna make an argument against this documentary, atleast watch it, I don't care what you have heard somewhere else, more likely from some twisted liberal source, watch the program then debate in a professional matter, not like you are now.
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

    Sig line removed by Admin*

    Lets see if this gets removed..............

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    976
    Evolution does not require abiogenesis. Life can rise any old way and it would not make one bit of difference to Evolution.

    You need to quit conflating evolution with abiogenesis.

    It only reinforces your lack of understanding of science.
    Actually as your fairy tale goes, abiogenesis relies on evolution, and if you read my post again you will see that I added the caveat "if you believe in that fairytale" According to your high priests the process of abiogenesis is an evolution of compounds. http://www.iscid.org/encyclopedia/Abiogenesis http://www.allaboutscience.org/abiogenesis.htm
    I think it is your reading comprehension that is lacking.

    Religious theory?

    No it is science theory.

    Do you not know the difference?
    Abiogenesis is so far fetched that it is rarely even referred to as theory. It is more often called a proposal, or concept or idea. The notion is so far fetched and full of holes that only a very devout worshiper/true believer would give it any merit at all. Simply put geer, it is utter hog wash. But you go ahead and keep the *faith* bud.

    If as you say abiogenesis is an unproveable fantasy, how do you know that it is spontaneous?
    Actually it is your lack of comprehension acting up again. If you re-read what I wrote and then imagine that I was laughing at you when I wrote it, then maybe you will see that I was being sarcastic. All sarcasm aside geer, what I was saying is that abiogenesis like spontaneous life is a load of bovine excrement. But hey, you have a perfect right to believe in that foolishness if you like. I admire your incredible *faith*...yeeee hawww

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,310
    Quote Originally Posted by KLEINman View Post
    What I don't understand is why you(geer) have to come in and bash other people's ideas or personal beliefs if you don't believe in them or they go against what you believe. Now I remember why I don't post stuff in here, I hate this bull****, don't you have anything better to do? If you wanna make an argument against this documentary, atleast watch it, I don't care what you have heard somewhere else, more likely from some twisted liberal source, watch the program then debate in a professional matter, not like you are now.
    Dude , the reason she upsets you is shes a liberal wanna be liberal elitist.

    You will never unserstand these people, only their dogs.
    These people live and die lonley, why do you think they spend so much time trying to trash others on a site they have no interest in?
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    34.8n 102.4w
    Posts
    3,243
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post



    Abiogenesis is so far fetched that it is rarely even referred to as theory. It is more often called a proposal, or concept or idea.

    Unlike your belief that God gave breath to dust, and we would be living in Paradise if not for that damned talking snake....
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event