Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by sline-dawg View Post
    Unlike your belief that God gave breath to dust, and we would be living in Paradise if not for that damned talking snake....
    Unlike your religious doctrine which teaches that life sprang from a mud puddle. Must be difficult to keep the faith so religiously considering the "scientific" concept of abiogenesis is on par with believing in the easter bunny.

No offense to believers in abiogenesis. I just want those who ridicule people of faith to get a little taste of their own medicine and also recognize that their beliefs also require faith.

Quote Originally Posted by KLEINman View Post
    What I don't understand is why you(geer) have to come in and bash other people's ideas or personal beliefs if you don't believe in them or they go against what you believe.
    If you consider correcting misleading, fabricated, and intellectually bankrupt films bashing, then I suggest your defintions are lacking in integrity.

Now I remember why I don't post stuff in here, I hate this bull****, don't you have anything better to do?
    I guess I could go skim the pool but it is pretty damn hot outside.

If you wanna make an argument against this documentary, atleast watch it, I don't care what you have heard somewhere else, more likely from some twisted liberal source, watch the program then debate in a professional matter, not like you are now.
    Post anything you want from the film and we can discuss it.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    http://www.iscid.org/encyclopedia/Abiogenesis http://www.allaboutscience.org/abiogenesis.htm
    I think it is your reading comprehension that is lacking.

Abiogenesis is so far fetched that it is rarely even referred to as theory. It is more often called a proposal, or concept or idea. The notion is so far fetched and full of holes that only a very devout worshiper/true believer would give it any merit at all. Simply put geer, it is utter hog wash. But you go ahead and keep the *faith* bud.
    Since your observed knowledge of science is so deficient, your speculations as to what constitutes a theory, the extent of evidential support of abiogenesis and your characterizations of abiogenesis represent little more than laughable fluff.

Actually it is your lack of comprehension acting up again. If you re-read what I wrote and then imagine that I was laughing at you when I wrote it, then maybe you will see that I was being sarcastic. All sarcasm aside geer, what I was saying is that abiogenesis like spontaneous life is a load of bovine excrement. But hey, you have a perfect right to believe in that foolishness if you like. I admire your incredible *faith*...yeeee hawww
    Too late to try and rehabilitate or rationalize away your science ignorance.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

No offense to believers in abiogenesis. I just want those who ridicule people of faith to get a little taste of their own medicine and also recognize that their beliefs also require faith.
    You ever use faith to fix HVAC systems,???

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

When were you planning to begin this effort?

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    You ever use faith to fix HVAC systems,???

Roy
    Yes!! All the time. Faith in the laws of thermodynamics, faith in the rules of repeatable, regular dependable laws of science and electricity. And, that is a form of faith.

Evolutionists have faith that life arose from non-life as well as faith that something came from nothing. Faith that all that is material came about by accident. Then they continue to build on that faith to create a metanarrative story they call evolution. All based on faith.

And then they scoff at those who believe in an intellegent designer while the evidence for design is all around them.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

PHP Code:
    Quote:
    Actually it is your lack of comprehension acting up again. If you re-read what I wrote and then imagine that I was laughing at you when I wrote itthen maybe you will see that I was being sarcasticAll sarcasm aside geerwhat I was saying is that abiogenesis like spontaneous life is a load of bovine excrementBut heyyou have a perfect right to believe in that foolishness if you likeI admire your incredible *faith*...yeeee hawww  

Too late to 
    try and rehabilitate or rationalize away your science ignorance
    Well seeing how you are a true believer in your high priests of the fairytale known at abiogenesis, and seeing how you cannot be bothered to watch a documentary that you decided to chide, and seeing how you cannot even defend the "concept" of abiogenesis (nobody really can because it's just way too incredible) then it stands to reason that you did not bother to re-read what I wrote and recognize that you are being had...you should probably stay down and let the ref count to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Yes!! All the time. Faith in the laws of thermodynamics, faith in the rules of repeatable, regular dependable laws of science and electricity. And, that is a form of faith.

Evolutionists have faith that life arose from non-life as well as faith that something came from nothing. Faith that all that is material came about by accident. Then they continue to build on that faith to create a metanarrative story they call evolution. All based on faith.

And then they scoff at those who believe in an intellegent designer while the evidence for design is all around them.

(A strong or unshakeable belief in something, esp without proof or evidence. )

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

[PHP]
    Well seeing how you are a true believer in your high priests of the fairytale known at abiogenesis, and seeing how you cannot be bothered to watch a documentary that you decided to chide, and seeing how you cannot even defend the "concept" of abiogenesis (nobody really can because it's just way too incredible) then it stands to reason that you did not bother to re-read what I wrote and recognize that you are being had...you should probably stay down and let the ref count to 10.
    Defend Abio?

Hell boy, you don't even know what Abio is.

Ingesting Sunday School level websites won't get you there either.

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Defend Abio?

Hell boy, you don't even know what Abio is.
    Oh geer, I do know what it is.

Think I'll put on a lab coat and come sell you some ocean front property in arizona.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123