Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 37
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,015

    Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed

    I dont post much here, but if anyone has showtime family, you have to watch this show, Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. It is hosted by ben stein, actually it is a documentary on the ideas of science and intelligence design, and how people were fired for not believing in darwins theory, and tryin to investigate the thought of a higher being, like god, having a part in evolution. a real eye opener, i loved it!
    Last edited by KLEINman; 08-16-2010 at 10:46 PM.
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

    Sig line removed by Admin*

    Lets see if this gets removed..............

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,297
    That is a very good video. I purchased a copy and rewatched it several times with my family. I personally know of a well respected scientist who was doing quite well with his career until it was discovered that he accepts ID. He was terminated from his position soon after that. The video provides several well known examples of the same.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    That is a very good video. I purchased a copy and rewatched it several times with my family. I personally know of a well respected scientist who was doing quite well with his career until it was discovered that he accepts ID. He was terminated from his position soon after that. The video provides several well known examples of the same.
    just dvr'ed the whole thing, didnt get to watch it from the begining, that will be tomorrow, but that show was just amazing. The way things are going in the science world now and the easy connection between the nazi regime and darwinism are incredibly frightening. IMO there is no reason to shun someone elses beliefs because you think it is wrong. If they are able to work together like ben stein was saying in the show, it would prob open a whole other aspect to the science of evolution. I am not a churchgoer nor do i practice my faith often, but i do believe in a higher being other than us, and i believe he created all of us. I dont think we just appeared, nor did we arise from the backs of crystals. I like how they shun others for even mentioning Intelligent Design and put forth their idea as being the proper one, yet they do not have the facts to back it up, and cannot prove where the cells came from that darwins theory is based on.
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

    Sig line removed by Admin*

    Lets see if this gets removed..............

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    985
    Hey geer, does your link contain a recipe on how to whip up some dna or any sort of basic single celled life form? Surely with all the technology of today it must be a cinch for a scientist to whip up some life. No? Well then I guess you'll just have to have *faith* in the religion of evolution.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    Hey geer, does your link contain a recipe on how to whip up some dna or any sort of basic single celled life form? Surely with all the technology of today it must be a cinch for a scientist to whip up some life. No? Well then I guess you'll just have to have *faith* in the religion of evolution.
    I have to admit that my link does not contain a recipe for DNA or any sort of basic cell life form.


    But then the link is about evolution.

    What you are talking about is abiogenesis which is a totally different science.


    Don't worry about it, it is a common mistake made by science illiterates.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,015
    What I don't understand is why these people can get away with sayin that that book pandas and people or whatever is unbiast but yet they want to completely shun the idea of intelligent design, isn't it fair for both of these ideas to exist? I mean if you look at the interviews in the documentary, the scientist who believe intelligent design in a joke, are saying that we were put here by aliens, that we evolved from the backs of crystals? Those ideas are just as ludicrous as you say intelligent design is. Before we can completely remove either one of these theories shouldn't we solve the big question? I understand people not wanting their kids to be taught creationism, and other parents not wanting their kids to be taught that we sprouted up from a mud pit or that we were put here by aliens. Shouldn't these scientist with different beliefs be working together to reach a common goal? I mean freedom of speach and ideals are what made this country, if people get shunned for believing other then what is said is right then this isn't America anymore.
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

    Sig line removed by Admin*

    Lets see if this gets removed..............

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    I have to admit that my link does not contain a recipe for DNA or any sort of basic cell life form.


    But then the link is about evolution.

    What you are talking about is abiogenesis which is a totally different science.


    Don't worry about it, it is a common mistake made by science illiterates.
    You didn't watch the documentary did you geer. Evolution and intelligent design are not mutually exclusive. The crux of the matter is reallly how we were designed. I will assume that you do not believe in intelligent design or god, therefore you and the rest of the fundamentalist evolutionists/"abiogenesis" atheists will have to continue to keep the faith. It must sometimes be difficult being so devout to your religion of choice given the fact that there is no proof to back up abiogenesis. Sounds kind of like a fairytale for weak minded individuals.
    Oh and geer if you are going to tell me that you do not believe in intelligent design or abiogenesis, then please do explain how we got here. I hope your explanation does not require any faith...
    Thanks in advance.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Shame I can not see the video to comment. While I do feel that something set things in motion to produce life on earth I can not say that there was a plan involved. Otherwise why would we have to go through billions of years to get to a higher form of life and after millions of years them being the dominant life form on earth they were wiped out.

    I guess it was just the fate of the dinosaurs. Or all that had to happen to set the stage for us to show up. Almost seems like we were an afterthought.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by KLEINman View Post
    What I don't understand is why these people can get away with sayin that that book pandas and people or whatever is unbiast but yet they want to completely shun the idea of intelligent design, isn't it fair for both of these ideas to exist?
    Fair?

    Fair is not a consideration in science.

    Scientific theories live or die based on the credible evidence supporting them and how well the theories explain this evidence.

    Intelligent Design fails as a theory as the evidence supporting it is close to zero and is contradicted by scientific observations.




    I mean if you look at the interviews in the documentary, the scientist who believe intelligent design in a joke, are saying that we were put here by aliens
    Richard Dawkins, the scientist in question, was responding to a hypothetical scenario and agreed that mankind could have possibly been deposited on Earth by aliens.

    Neither Dawkins nor any other credible scientists believe this is a viable explanation.




    that we evolved from the backs of crystals?
    No, we did not evolve from the backs backs of crystals.

    The hypothesis is that proto-biotic precursors used crystals as a substrate or platform for chemical reactions.




    Those ideas are just as ludicrous as you say intelligent design is.
    The portrayals in the movies are as ludicrous as Intelligent Design.

    The producers of this film and Ben Stein have no interest in portraying science honestly and anyone taking this film at face value is horribly deluded.


    Before we can completely remove either one of these theories shouldn't we solve the big question? I understand people not wanting their kids to be taught creationism, and other parents not wanting their kids to be taught that we sprouted up from a mud pit or that we were put here by aliens.
    What is taught is the best explanation of of bio-diversity, the most supported explanation, the most scientifically credible explanation.

    Science is not a popularity contest, it is not dictated by what parents want their children to study, science is not a democracy.


    The only teaching of kids about the alien hypothesis comes from the bible.



    Shouldn't these scientist with different beliefs be working together to reach a common goal? I mean freedom of speach and ideals are what made this country, if people get shunned for believing other then what is said is right then this isn't America anymore.
    They in fact were not shunned for what they believed.

    They were removed for not meeting expectations, producing bad science and deviating from the curriculum.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    You didn't watch the documentary did you geer.
    Wouldn't waste my time on such nonsense.

    Evolution and intelligent design are not mutually exclusive.
    As theories of bio-diversity they are incompatible.

    The crux of the matter is reallly how we were designed. I will assume that you do not believe in intelligent design or god, therefore you and the rest of the fundamentalist evolutionists/"abiogenesis" atheists will have to continue to keep the faith.
    It must sometimes be difficult being so devout to your religion of choice given the fact that there is no proof to back up abiogenesis. Sounds kind of like a fairytale for weak minded individuals.
    Oh and geer if you are going to tell me that you do not believe in intelligent design or abiogenesis, then please do explain how we got here. I hope your explanation does not require any faith...
    Thanks in advance.
    Given that you thought evolution and abiogenesis were the same thing, your comments about science and evidence do not inspire confidence.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    985
    No, we did not evolve from the backs backs of crystals.

    The hypothesis is that proto-biotic precursors used crystals as a substrate or platform for chemical reactions.
    Lol...
    I heard microsoft is coming out with a game for xbox 360 called Spontaneous warriors. Some chemists who are followers of the athiest faith figure out the secret formula for creating life and then they build a humanoid army with their new discovery. The humanoids try to take over the world. Not as cool as resident evil 3 but still pretty cool.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Wouldn't waste my time on such nonsense.

    As theories of bio-diversity they are incompatible.

    Given that you thought evolution and abiogenesis were the same thing, your comments about science and evidence do not inspire confidence.
    You post a link challenging a documentary that you could not even be bothered to watch...Well ok, no wisdom in actually knowing what you are argueing about I guess.

    What comments about science and evidence? Since you like to make idiotic semantic arguments that make no sense at all and since sarcasm seems to be lost on you, I'll put this very succinctly just for you geer. The thing with evolution is you have to have an original life form to evolve from. That initial life form is what ID proponents argue is the work of a designer. You evidently think that initial life form just sort of happened.. abiogenesis. ID proponents theory requires faith and so does your religious doctrin that you call abiogenesis.
    Here's my point, you ridicule others who believe in a designer while at the same time you cling to your religious belief in presto magic spontaneous life.
    I am pointing this out because you are an offensive and intolerant person. I've read your posts on other threads also and you consistantly post things that appear to be for no other purpose than being a pest.
    So you don't believe in god or a creator, fine. Why make a mockery of something that billions of people put faith in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event