+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dehumidifying pool rooms

Post Likes
    For indoor pools with proper vapor barriers in the walls and ceiling, DX dehumidification with the ability to reject the aborbed energy back into the pool water or the air simultaneously. I reccomend Dectron because they have been in the business for over 30 years, they are built to last and they give you total control over the humidity and temperature in the space.

As far as sizing the unit for your load, there are many factors involved including desired pool and air temperatures, your location and the dimensions of the pool and enclosure.

Your best off to call your local dehumidifer representative. As a starter though, Dectron has put together a great design guide available on their website by clicking on the customer service tab.

http://www.dry-o-tron.com/dev/html_en/index.asp

Post Likes
    seems this thread has ended a while ago, any update on his choice?
    Roger

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Mountain View Post
    When ever I get this type of request I contact DessertAire.
    You fax them a sketch of the room and they will spec the equipment for you. They are god-awful expensive.(cupoura(sp)nichol construction.) Most indoor pool owners are cheap. (can't we dehumidify my $60K pool with a window AC?)
    So I usually don't get the job. Saints be praised!!
    When did you change your username?
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    I like DessertAir for the most part. However the ones we have around here are all suspended from ceiling in tiny rooms so I hate trying to service them. Also have had problem with remote air cooled condensers leaking at tubesheet. One system is on its 3rd warranty replacement, they are Heatcraft condensers though. Work well other then that.

Post Likes
    In my area in Ottawa Canada it's all about Dectron. They have the market and it is a huge part of my work. I have been working on them for 25 years now and have nothing but good to say about them. They run about $$$ installed.
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 02-11-2013 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Pricing Removed

Post Likes
    I've only had experience with the Desert Air equipment...after I fixed it from a previous company's quality job...it worked great. Customer was very happy. It was for an indoor spa.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in