Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What do you guys suggest for the equipment? I have a project that has a 180 sqft pool in a 400 sqft room with 18ft ceilings and a lot of glass. The supplier I talked to wanted to use a water source system and I would have to have some sort of cooling tower outside. I would prefer a dx system.

Check out the Dectron site - the best in my opinion. They have DX units that will pump the pool water as to a heat exchanger in the unit for a condenser and as it reaches above its ability will kick on the air cooled condenser. They have different configurations as well.

Originally posted by dhanna
    What do you guys suggest for the equipment? I have a project that has a 180 sqft pool in a 400 sqft room with 18ft ceilings and a lot of glass. The supplier I talked to wanted to use a water source system and I would have to have some sort of cooling tower outside. I would prefer a dx system.
    When ever I get this type of request I contact DessertAire.
    You fax them a sketch of the room and they will spec the equipment for you. They are god-awful expensive.(cupoura(sp)nichol construction.) Most indoor pool owners are cheap. (can't we dehumidify my $60K pool with a window AC?)
    So I usually don't get the job. Saints be praised!!

ever hear ...

of PoolPack ?? that's all they do ....

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Originally posted by benncool
    When ever I get this type of request I contact DessertAire.
    You fax them a sketch of the room and they will spec the equipment for you. They are god-awful expensive.(cupoura(sp)nichol construction.) Most indoor pool owners are cheap. (can't we dehumidify my $60K pool with a window AC?)
    So I usually don't get the job. Saints be praised!!
    Ditto I have had alot of success with them

I've installed about 15 Desert-Aire units and have had very good luck. Pool-Pak (I've installed 2) suck, IMO.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Desert Air was the first place I started to look, but the owner told us not to waste our time. I didn't ask why. It sounded like they had a bad experience. I like the Dectron unit. I want one that will do the cooling and heating too.

Like i said - we maintain a lot of the YMCA's in the area and a few schools and Dectron is the way to go as far as I am concerned. Fantastic tech support is another area they excell in.

All of the mentioned brands are very expensive and have high operating cost. There is new, smaller, more efficeint equipment available. 180 sq.ft. of water requires 4 lbs. of dehumidification per hour. Check out the Therma-Stor line. They are half the cost twice the moisture removal per kwh. Covering the pool when not in use further reduces the amount of dehumidification needed. This is their top line unit. for 450 sq.ft. of water.
    http://www.thermastor.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=301

Dectron
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by teddy bear
    [B]
    All of the mentioned brands are very expensive and have high operating cost. There is new, smaller, more efficeint equipment available.
    Hoe do you figure that??

[QUOTE]Originally posted by teddy bear
    [B]
    All of the mentioned brands are very expensive and have high operating cost. There is new, smaller, more efficeint equipment available.
    Hoe do you figure that?? Do you factor in life span??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast