Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Trane RTAC Suction Pressure Comm loss

I have an RTAC 4004 chiller with a suction pressure comm loss on circ 2 comp 2A. Would a bad suction pressure sensor give off this alarm or is the cause more likely the wiring harness itself or something else? Thank you, CM

Quote Originally Posted by cmedeiros View Post
    I have an RTAC 4004 chiller with a suction pressure comm loss on circ 2 comp 2A. Would a bad suction pressure sensor give off this alarm or is the cause more likely the wiring harness itself or something else? Thank you, CM
    I would try to rebind it first to see if that gets it working.

Could be a bad device. If it has the old flat ribbon cable comm link check the plastic connector to make sure it is not loose or coming apart. You can also try this, unbind both suction press sensors on both circuits then swap them around if you can easily valve them off and rebind them again to the appropreiate circuit. See if the problem follows the sensor to the other circuit or stays with the original circuit.

Frown

Quote Originally Posted by cperk View Post
    I would try to rebind it first to see if that gets it working.
    hey perk., can u tell me exactly how to rebind., is that as simple as disconnect , reset, and hook back up to wait for icp to find it?
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mlkwal1 View Post
    hey perk., can u tell me exactly how to rebind., is that as simple as disconnect , reset, and hook back up to wait for icp to find it?
    Connect laptop running TechView, go to binding view, unbind the sensor by clicking on "unbind", click on "bind", use south pole magnet and hold it over senser on top by dimple to get green light to come on, click "ok", and that's it.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    Connect laptop running TechView, go to binding view, unbind the sensor by clicking on "unbind", click on "bind", use south pole magnet and hold it over senser on top by dimple to get green light to come on, click "ok", and that's it.
    Damn...anyone seen my south pole magnet...I know it's around here somewhere lol
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

You will need TechView software on your laptop to check the binding. Does the comm loss come and go? If it does it's probably a bad connection on the comm link.

Quote Originally Posted by mlkwal1 View Post
    No. all of the lid sensors have a neuron I.D. If you unplug, for example, the oil temp. sensor and it has a neuron I.D. of let's say, to keep it simple, 100. Then you replace that sensor with a neuron I.D. that's 200, the machine is still looking for I.D. 100 as the oil temp. sensor. It can not be cycled or reset to pick this new sensor up, as it will show a comm. loss with oil temp. sensor. But you have to do the steps that R123 stated.

Oh no wrong magnet

ChillerWisperer- I'd like to help you, but all I have are North pole magnets. I use them to keep my pockets cool.-GEO
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO

suction pressure comm loss

Try replacing the cable, or swapping the cable to see if the diagnostic follows.

Quote Originally Posted by cperk View Post
    No. all of the lid sensors have a neuron I.D. If you unplug, for example, the oil temp. sensor and it has a neuron I.D. of let's say, to keep it simple, 100. Then you replace that sensor with a neuron I.D. that's 200, the machine is still looking for I.D. 100 as the oil temp. sensor. It can not be cycled or reset to pick this new sensor up, as it will show a comm. loss with oil temp. sensor. But you have to do the steps that R123 stated.

every time temp or pressure sensor is found faulty and replaced, need to rebind? only on ucp2 and 530??
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

I have seen it 2-3 times in last few months . Moisture getting inside the plastic top of the sensor where the flat cable terminates at the sensor. You can see the green corrosion under the clear plastic. I have pulled them apart and re soldered the cable and resealed it with heat shrink, it worked, but ordered the replacement and heat shrank the rest of the Suction probes. They tend to be pointed straight up in the air, so colllect moisture easily

you can use liquid electrical tape to seal the flat cable

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast