Thread: Where is Ice

I haven't seen him post lately.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

He was here a week or so ago...

Hope his power didn't get knocked out again...

He is more than likely busier than a centipede at a toe counting contest. When the power comes back on, everyone and their brother calls in with problems. Then the change outs start. He is probably making lots of money, and sleeping very little.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Thanks gentlemen

Just wondered if something had happened or he had left the board.

The Icemeister is back .......Again.

They say that experiencing disasters like hurricanes bring out the strength and perseverance in people.......well mine is about run out at this point.

Two major blows in a month's time have really left a big friggen mess in my little corner of paradise. Dave would be happy to know that I'm "dealing with it" any way I can.

My home and business phones have been out or intermittent since before Frances. Fortunately I forwarded my business line to my cell so I could get calls......I'm still on call-forward. It's hard to get any work done like that. Bellsouth says I'll have the business line fixed by Oct. 23......Hoop-de-Friggen Do. And this is just the tip of the iceberg - no pun intended - and it just keeps on coming....

Yes I'm busier than ever, but I'm not killing myself over it all.....it's just not worth it. The work for the most part has been contactors, fan motors, relays and such just to get folks back on line. I've taken a Triage (sp?) approach where I diagnose as best as I can over the phone. If they say the unit's blown off the roof it'll have to wait. Mostly I've tried to get my customers back open. The little stuff still awaits.....

No big money in sight here that I can see. I have one C-Store completely blown away on the beach in Ft Pierce. He's not going to re-open. A beachfront hotel in Vero Beach is yellow-tagged so only constuction/relief crews may check in.....not the general public. All their RTUs are trashed and need to be replaced. The owners may toss in the towel, though.

I'll be lucky to see enough extra business to cover the insurance deductible for my house damage....which was a lot less than most of my neighbors.

My shop survived miraculously. The roof blew completely off both ends of the building......one from the leading edge of the storm and the other from the trailing end. Many of the roll-up doors blew out in my complex but mine held.....only a water on the floor. The building is red-tagged at this point but they're letting me enter and the owner says they should be rebuilt in about 60-90 days time.......Whoopee. No power, no water. It really sucks.

I finally got the computer up on dial-up (DSL is down). I almost forgot how to use this damned thing. My laptop crashed in the middle of it all and I just got that back up this week.

Still, I'm glad to be back with y'all.

Welcome back ice. Good to see it's getting better.

How long without power?

How the house do?

What was the highest reading on your anemometer?
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Originally posted by frozensolid
    ....How long without power?

We got power back at home on Tuesday (10/5) after running on a 5500w generator. You get tired of smelling like gasoline all day after refueling twice a day, spending up to an hour in line to buy gas at the one or two stations in town with power and gas and then frying the alternator on it. (We were lucky to find another that day thanks to Ms Icemeiter's persistence calling around)

How the house do?

We did better this time around for Jeanne than with Frances.....a bunch more roof shingles gone but no major leaks. We have a huge old oak on the east side that was fixin' to land on the house but the neighbors concrete patio help hold down the roots. It's leaning a lot more to the west though....(like everything else in this county). The pool looks like crap 'cause the pump's shot, the pool screen and some of the structure is gone. The big shade oak out front is gone and the landscape is flattened.

Other than that......everything is just ducky.

What was the highest reading on your anemometer?

We had official winds of 122 MPH here in Sebastian. Gusts were a lot higher and there's a lot of evidence of tornado activity all over. The rain totals were lighter than I'd expected at about 6 inches or so and the storm surge out on the beach was around 8 ft with 30 ft waves. The Sebastian River overflowed to flood my street to within a few feet of my front door (18 ft above sea level).

[/B]

Ice

Glad to hear you and your family are OK. Sorry to hear your stuff got busted up.

Thanks SE, We made out better than most around here, though.

Lot's of folks have no home and/or no job to go to. The majority of homes in town have significant water damage where the ceilings and walls are trashed. The "FEMA Blue Roof" is the new style of home decor locally.

We truly feel lucky to have ducked the worst with these storms.

Bad break Ice, good luck and hang in there, ya gotta be tough to be in this biz anyway so you will make it, I am quite sure. Take care and a tleast you and the fam were OK, that is great news.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    Bad break Ice, good luck and hang in there, ya gotta be tough to be in this biz anyway so you will make it, I am quite sure. Take care and a tleast you and the fam were OK, that is great news.
    Thanks....I appreciate the support, Amigo.

Glad your back.
    I saw the site pix you posted. Bad news.

At least your family is fine and you have a job.