Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The General Contractor of the entire Hotel Reno... supplied the Equipment, The blue prints had all Lennox equipment spec'd they just had our team put it all together. I talked until I was blue in the face to the GC about me installing LL driers. He insisted that the ones that are internal to the unit (LL Filter) was all that was spec'd and they didn't want them on.

I had the Vac Pumps on them Overnight, and down to 50 microns when all was said and done. Besides, I'll get the service work.

Hey, but get this... After I got all the A/C stuff done, we had to wait for the Gas Fitters to complete their job, and I was the one who was to commission all the gas fired appliances, three furns, Eng A RTU, and four Carrier Package units. They were to leave the gas off. I had some time and went on a 2 week holiday.

I went back to finish our part, and saw the gas was on, the furnaces and package units were running, Eng A hadn't started - they had NO REGULATORS on line... 7 psi to every valve. What a nightmare! Although I checked out the valves after they sorted the Dog-and-Pony-Show out. They seemed fine, but I still recommended they change them out. They haven't yet.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Thumbs down Carrier direct to General Contractor

Beware, mechanical contractors; more & more equipment is being sold direct to the GC & owners. One of these days the mechanical contractor will just be an installer & servicer for the GC. I believe I will go to Wal-Mar this afternoon & get me two big steaks & then take them to the OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE tonight & let them cook em for me!!!!!!

Good point, Big.

All the major manufacturers will sell direct to the end user. They could care less about contractors. If you get pricing from them in the commercial/industrial arena and they feel your not going to get the sale they will go owner direct.

I have seen alot more owner or GC supplied equipment in the last few years. Then they want the installer to assume warranty even though we didnt purchase the equipment. Any profit you would have made on the equipment to cover the warranty is gone. They are making it harder and harder to run good cos that make a profit. This industry is going to hell in a hand bag pretty darn fast. JMHO
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Very nice work. What do you use for supporting the line sets on the roof?

A styro-foam filled plastic device called "Kwik-bolks" Unistrut on top of that, held down with Unistrut clamps called "Cush-a-clamps".

The quick blocks can support the weight of an RTU, around 7.5 ton units. Only cost about $8.00 Cdn.

Great Job!
    A good example of "Pride In Craftsmanship"!
    Love the copper drains.

Great job!

I've been looking for some pictures like that to show my customers

Thanks!

Nice looking job.

Originally posted by midhvac
    Great job!

I've been looking for some pictures like that to show my customers

Thanks!
    LOL Your a funny dude Midhvac!
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12