You got black squirrels?

Black squirrels are a strange lot....they dont act like brown ones or grey ones. Me thinks they act more like rats. They are stealing my ripe tomatoes and making messes.
    I dont like them and need to devise a trap to get rid of them...an electrocution plate would be nice.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Color don't matter. They're all rats.

We only have the ugly gray ones here, but when I was up in St. Joseph Michigan a couple weeks ago I saw a black squirrel for the first time.....it was walking around on the sidewalk looking for stuff, it came right up to me as well. very strange

6"x6" box with an ear of corn in the middle with a smear of peanut butter on it for some smell appeal. Stick a 120 conibear on each end of the box and you're having biscuits and squirrel gravy for supper. If you have dogs mount the box in a tree.

Little devils climbed up my line set last year and chewed into the attic. Tore the insulation off the last 10' of duct while they were up there raising hell. Conibears took care of 8 of them before they were thinned out enough to stop messing with the house.

Around here, the black squirrels are just a color phase of Grey Squirrels.

Get a dog or cat, mine keep most everything out of the garden.
    I don't know if it would work on something as big as a squirrel, but for chipmonks, someone suggested a five gallon bucket full of water, with a bunch of sunflower seeds floating on top. Make a ladder with a stick so they can get the seeds, fall in, drown, repeat as needed.

I bet a rat trap with peanut butter would work, too.
    Jason

Here the black squirrels are known as fox squirrels, and they are huge...Its illegal to off them too...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Harper View Post
    Here the black squirrels are known as fox squirrels, and they are huge...Its illegal to off them too...
    I've heard the black one's are bigger!
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

I saw one to day as a matter of fact. He sure was acting squirrely.

They are very aggressive and like rap music too.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    They are very aggressive and like rap music too.
    Hehehe...it wouldnt surprise me!

They move around differently, they sneak in my garage and stash food in the handle bars of my motor bikes and on my mail box. Normal squirrels dont like them much either...even the little tiny fox squirrels that are a little bigger than a chipmunk hate them.

I find pizza bones and cookies and half eaten pears stuck in my sheit..Im tired of it....I hate them!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Harper View Post
    Shoot em & paint em grey.

Rats with furry tails.
    ENJOY THE RIDE

Try sprinkling fox urine around your garden/property. You can buy it at most sport shops. Smelly stuff right out of the bottle, but the odor will dissipate quickly. May take a couple applications to scare them off, but it seems to work.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii