Thread: Best Water Heater????

Post Likes
    Hi..I know this has nothing to do with hvac..but I figure with all the great pros who are reading this they might be able to guide this stupid homeowner!!! Im gonna be replacing my 75 gal gas water heater soon..was leanig towards AO Smith...also does anyone know if AO Smith makes water heaters for other companies..Reliance, Apollo,State, Maytag...I saw AO Smith recalled their propane water heater and on the report it said the above mentioned companies were also being recalled!!! Thanks!!!!!

Post Likes
    The 75 gallon heaters had a voluntary recall for their flue baffles. Soot could build up on the burners.

I don't believe that A.O. Smith markets their heaters under another name.

Look at Rheem/Ruud or Bradford White heaters also while your shopping. Be ready because the prices have increased drastically in the past year.

[Edited by htg guy on 10-13-2005 at 07:54 PM]

Post Likes

Post Likes
    That was a link I found about the water heaters...intresting!!

Post Likes
    Wow. I might be glad I found looked at this topic! We are moving and the water heaters installed in the neighborhood are A.O Smith 75 Gallon Propane in all the houses!

Model# F5675 75 Gallon Propane

Is it possible that this unit might be recalled too?

Post Likes
    What in the hell are you guys doing with all that hot water? 75 gallons is an awful big tank. We generally put in 40 gallon tanks or if you have a big demand (iealot of daughters) a 50 gallon does the trick. In my neck of the woods a 75 gallon is a commercial water heater not a residential unit.
    "Go big or Go Home"

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Black Adder
    What in the hell are you guys doing with all that hot water?
    Showers
    Jacuzzi
    Dish washing
    Clothes washing
    Car washing in winter
    ALL Simultaneously

4,321 Sq. Ft. house
    for 14 people

I need a second one!
    L.O.L.
    Designer Dan __ It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with Some Art. _ _ KEEP IT SIMPLE & SINCERE ___ __ www.mysimplifiedhvac.com ___ __ Define the Building Envelope & Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows & Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Post Likes
    with 6 kids + wife, I found that the teenagers would use ALL the hot water available! I stuck with a 40g! -- mid70s.
    I think they would have drained a 200g tank!
    harvest rainwater,make SHADE,R75/50/30= roof/wall/floor, use HVAC mastic,caulk all wall seams!

Post Likes
    A.O. Smith copper boiler (hot water generator) and 120 gal. storage tank sounds like what you need. LOL, just glad I don't have the bill for a 75 gal propane tank every month.
    "Go big or Go Home"

Post Likes
    Originally posted by dan sw fl
    Originally posted by Black Adder
    What in the hell are you guys doing with all that hot water?
    Showers
    Jacuzzi
    Dish washing
    Clothes washing
    Car washing in winter
    ALL Simultaneously

4,321 Sq. Ft. house
    for 14 people

I need a second one!
    L.O.L.
    Don't LOL...2 smaller water heaters is generally preferred over 1 really large one. The big ones don't seem to last and muliple water heaters cut down on waiting for hot water to reach a distant faucet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in