Best Lon Protocol Analyzer To Use

I worked with a Tech who had Engenuities LonScanner and also Excelon.
    One gave us a Bandwith Graphic and the other gave us the LON Statistics and allowed resetting statistics.
    Are these the best Apps to use?
    Is there another App that has both, or even more capabilities and advantages?
    TIA,
    Jogas
    Four wheel therapy, my 1968 Camaro is gone and will be missed

Loytec's LPA is very good, and feature-rich. The license is bound to the usb interface, so you can use it with any of your techs' laptops. It can also analyze lon packets on IP channels.

The Lon Utilities Manager tool in a JACE works well for reading out/resetting CRC errors on the nodes, which more often than not is all you need for identifying where on the network your problem resides.

I have both, Loytec LPA and Echelon's LonScanner. The problem with the LPA is that you have to use the Loytec USB interface. My experiences have not been good with the Loytec interface. It tends to be real finicky. Some times it starts fine, other times its a real pain in the *ss. Very often I have to reboot to get it to work. I gave up using it and went back to the Echelon interface and LonScanner.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

Excellon is my Product of choice. It absolutely can pinpoint where your problem with the Comm Bus is with real time live data.

Con: Lofty Price from Honeywell.

Echelon's LonScanner
    may be missing some features but probably is the best value out there.

What are you after exactly? Reason I ask is it may make a difference, but I don't feel like I know enough overall to give you the best answer.

Do you want to mainly just test the FT-10 while direct connected?

Do you want to be able to remotely test the FT-10/TP-1250/other via IP?

I used a couple, but it has been a few years. The nice thing about the loytec one as previously mentioned is transferring it is easy since it is not licensed to your laptop. No need to give up your laptop with the 'licensed' copy as we had to do with Lonscanner. Yeah you can transfer the license from one laptop to another but what a hassle. I know the loytec one would give graphs as well, kind of cool to mess with it and take off and add terminators and watch the network respond.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    Do you want to be able to remotely test the FT-10/TP-1250/other via IP?....Yeah you can transfer the license from one laptop to another but what a hassle. I know the loytec one would give graphs as well, kind of cool to mess with it and take off and add terminators and watch the network respond.
    Using L-IP routers and/or L-Switch? Just consider it a Loytec wizard for spying on LON networks from afar.