Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    Mr savage, How long have you been in the hvac biz? I thought you were just getting started, but dang, your arguing with smart people all the time. Maybe you have more experience than I thought. Or maybe your just full of...
    You underestimate the capabilities and experiance or knowledge of the youth, we are not all the punk gang bangers you would like to think. Some of us dig in for the long haul and study like crazy if we find interest in something.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    When you get unlucky enough to be in management. You might get lucky and remember this thread.
    Hopefully by going union I will never deal with this nonsense....hopefully

And for the record. 4-5 ton scrolls can be tandemed to make a 20 ton compressor for 2 weeks when need be.
    Way cool.....how did you handle the oil return?
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

This.....

You underestimate the capabilities and experiance or knowledge of the youth, we are not all the punk gang bangers you would like to think. Some of us dig in for the long haul and study like crazy if we find interest in something.

Plus This.....

Doesn't exactly gee-haw.....

Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    This.....

Plus This.....

Doesn't exactly gee-haw.....
    *scratches head is confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Savage16 View Post
    *scratches head is confusion
    Guys with lots of raw ambition and desire generally don't fit the union mold.

I speak from experience. One union job was enough for a lifetime here.

Way cool.....how did you handle the oil return?
    Didn't. Just piped the vapor lines all the same length, and crossed my fingers. And wired it to run all 4 compressors on every call. So it did short cycle a bit.

I knew that if it lost a compressor a day. It was still cheaper then 10 grand an hour of down time,

2 were a bit loud at the end.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    Mr savage, How long have you been in the hvac biz? I thought you were just getting started, but dang, your arguing with smart people all the time. Maybe you have more experience than I thought. Or maybe your just full of...

I vaguely remember when I would see the price on an install. And think WOW, the company is making a killing.

LOL...I had no idea what it cost to run a company, let alone turn a profit. And always though the bosses were tight wads when they complained it took 4 man hours longer then planned to do a job.

Never did much in the way of rack work, or estimating, for those contracts. But found out, grocery stores don't pay crap for those contracts.

The only humor I fine in a contract price these days. Is when at the end of the year. It actually makes a few dollars.
    Contractor locator map

Guys with lots of raw ambition and desire generally don't fit the union mold.

I speak from experience. One union job was enough for a lifetime here.
    You dont live around here thats for sure, the process was quite painstaking to just get on the list let alone second on it, I would have to say you better have a lot of desire or ambition or just be excellent and BS'in people.

Didn't. Just piped the vapor lines all the same length, and crossed my fingers. And wired it to run all 4 compressors on every call. So it did short cycle a bit.

I knew that if it lost a compressor a day. It was still cheaper then 10 grand an hour of down time,

2 were a bit loud at the end.
    Gotcha.....you didn't care if you smoked one or two as long as you got the job done.....good move, smart money

Gotcha.....you didn't care if you smoked one or two as long as you got the job done.....good move, smart money
    Sometimes, you got to say the heck with proper. And just get something to work, for a short time.
    Contractor locator map

Quote Originally Posted by Savage16 View Post
    You dont live around here thats for sure, the process was quite painstaking to just get on the list let alone second on it, I would have to say you better have a lot of desire or ambition or just be excellent and BS'in people.
    Well, based on my personal experience, if you truly have drive and ambition, you will soon become frustrated in a union shop.

Well, based on my personal experience, if you truly have drive and ambition, you will soon become frustrated in a union shop.
    You could be right, I hope my experience is much better though, I notice a lot of different opinions from different places, in the StL unions mean business and they take care of their own, never heard a member around here do anything except be proud. Like I said hopefully long into the future I will be one of those proud members as well, now I just have to rid the nightmares of an abusive journeyman lol

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567