Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Commercial customers price shop as much as any residential customer. Got plenty that will say they can't afford X$ for what ever. And then call several other companies the next day, or that same day.

They just move their product to a working unit until they find some one cheaper.
    Your missing the point, well first off many commercial companies are under contract so price shopping is a waste, second even with price shopping the residential costumer still has great potential to avoid paying the service for a long time or all together. Really no need to keep over complicating this subject it was just a bit of humorous advice I was stating.

I didn't miss the point.

Come back to this thread in 10 or so years. When your the one negotiating the price of those contracts commercial owners. Then you'll know how cheap commercial owners are.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I didn't miss the point.

Come back to this thread in 10 or so years. When your the one negotiating the price of those contracts commercial owners. Then you'll know how cheap commercial owners are.
    I spent my high school years working at a Ruby Tuesday that was under one of these contracts, once this contract is agreed upon you essentially are capable of reaming that company, I recall a hinge on the walk in door breaking
    10 mins of labor+cost of hinge 1142.00 dollars I remember this cost very well because I was going to college for hvac after high school and thought to myself goodness I picked a good field. Not saying everything is that way but these contracts sure do make a difference I imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Savage16 View Post
    I spent my high school years working at a Ruby Tuesday that was under one of these contracts, once this contract is agreed upon you essentially are capable of reaming that company, I recall a hinge on the walk in door breaking
    10 mins of labor+cost of hinge 1142.00 dollars I remember this cost very well because I was going to college for hvac after high school and thought to myself goodness I picked a good field. Not saying everything is that way but these contracts sure do make a difference I imagine
    There was probably more on that bill then the hinge.

And basing an opinion on one example. is not knowing much about commercial contracts.
    Contractor locator map

There was probably more on that bill then the hinge.

And basing an opinion on one example. is not knowing much about commercial contracts.
    No there was not I personally looked at this bill and spoke with the tech, get your pannies unbunched not one time did I CLAIM to know a whole bunch about these contracts, and I posted a humorous statement by my instructor who was well qualified to make whatever statements he wanted so ease up a little before you get all fired up here because Im green and your old lol

No there was not I personally looked at this bill and spoke with the tech, get your pannies unbunched not one time did I CLAIM to know a whole bunch about these contracts, and I posted a humorous statement by my instructor who was well qualified to make whatever statements he wanted so ease up a little before you get all fired up here because Im green and your old lol
    If your instructor told you that commercial don't argue price. He wasn't well qualified. Or, he was lying to you.

I done a lot of biding, and pricing for commercial. And know the, you need to sharpen your pencil line very well.
    Contractor locator map

If your instructor told you that commercial don't argue price. He wasn't well qualified. Or, he was lying to you.

I done a lot of biding, and pricing for commercial. And know the, you need to sharpen your pencil line very well.
    Ugh here we go again, your taking things the wrong way. My instructor owned his own company for 30+ years he knew what he was talking about. Naturally your gonna have to argue price over everything, the point he was getting across is that it is in our best interest to follow those commercial jobs over the residential, thats all there is no special twist or anything like that. Your simply over complicating the statement, at the end I even said I found this statement quite humorous its not really up for debate.

Like I said. When your doing the pricing, and contract negotiating. Come back and tell me about it.

I've done the change outs and repairs. And heard the we can't let that room get above X degrees or we have to shut down. And you'll be fined $10,000.00 an hour we're down.

Did he happen to tell you about those situations.
    Contractor locator map

Like I said. When your doing the pricing, and contract negotiating. Come back and tell me about it.

I've done the change outs and repairs. And heard the we can't let that room get above X degrees or we have to shut down. And you'll be fined $10,000.00 an hour we're down.

Did he happen to tell you about those situations.
    Hey quit taking this to seriously, your OVER COMPLICATING this whole thing, settle it I get it you know more, it wasnt my attempt to invite you to a pissing contest. It was nothing more than a statement I found humorous.

Hey quit taking this to seriously, your OVER COMPLICATING this whole thing, settle it I get it you know more, it wasnt my attempt to invite you to a pissing contest. It was nothing more than a statement I found humorous.

LOL... You said he was qualified to make the statement.

I'm just telling you what he didn't tell you. And its not humorous. When it can kill your bottom line for a year because a supplier can't find you a compressor.

And for the record. 4-5 ton scrolls can be tandemed to make a 20 ton compressor for 2 weeks when need be.
    Contractor locator map

LOL... You said he was qualified to make the statement.

I'm just telling you what he didn't tell you. And its not humorous. When it can kill your bottom line for a year because a supplier can't find you a compressor.

And for the record. 4-5 ton scrolls can be tandemed to make a 20 ton compressor for 2 weeks when need be.
    Sure guy whatever you say....

Mr savage, How long have you been in the hvac biz? I thought you were just getting started, but dang, your arguing with smart people all the time. Maybe you have more experience than I thought. Or maybe your just full of...

Sure guy whatever you say....
    When you get unlucky enough to be in management. You might get lucky and remember this thread.
    Contractor locator map

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast