I just interviewed at a local company that "expanded" into the "one hour" franchise.

Any input on this setup.
    Looks to invlove Lots of selling.
    I interviewed with a few companies and their offer was the highest by a $2-3.

Any input would be great!!

thnaks
    Ed

Go for the dough, if ya don't mind the gay yellow trucks, and replacing year old equipment. I say 2-3 an hour is a nice raise.

couple of my buddy work for one hour they say you don't sell enough your gone, keep track of your hours on your pay checks!!!!!

A Lennox Dealer in a town up the road went One Hour. Man, those Yellow Van sticks out!

they had some ad in the paper last spring talking about thier slow time, and they had furnaces and A/C installed under $1,000! I am sure the job is a hack!

So this one hour deal a franchise? They can carry what ever brand they want?

If you want to be salesman and not a tech then go for it. I to went to an interview and a tech picked me up so I can see how they work...man it was a waste ot time....First the tech paid for lunch..then we went to a summer chk. h/o has 3 units, chk coils,did the basic service exept this guy did not use his gages to chk press. or superheat, all he did was take line temp. of suct. and that was it ! But man did he try to sell some float swithes to the h/o. I guess the only thing I got out of this day was a free lunch. thanks!

ps the float switches were $150 ea.

Originally posted by condenseddave
    if ya don't mind the gay yellow trucks
    What's the name of this company? Is it S****** M*****?
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Originally posted by mayguy

they had some ad in the paper last spring talking about thier slow time, and they had furnaces and A/C installed under $1,000
    Why advertise for them here?

they're not allowed to get dirty. they get in trouble if they don't change their clothes when they get dirty. this is between calls. they carry extra uniforms in their trucks + wear white shirts. ben franklin plumbing too

anybody got anymore info on this one hour group?
    i wanted to put a picture here

Check your mail box.

Originally posted by tlcartman
    anybody got anymore info on this one hour group?
    I've been getting the Airtimes bunch's magazine in there for years. The Yellow truck stuff takes up a bunch of it.
    My buddy up the road signed on for it. Maybe it will help, I don't know. He was the most Un service oriented company. I tried working for him years ago. Had no idea how to organize and make money off service-period. No parts, no system to routing, no schedule.
    Maybe this is him.
    He has one of the biggest Geo co.s on the east coast. Sticking holes and trenches everywhere.