(2004-09-30) -- Political commentators from the major American TV news networks and CBS unanimously declared John Forbes Kerry the winner of his first debate with President George Bush.

"This is a clear triumph for Kerry," said one unnamed CNN pundit. "His performance was way above expectations. He looked almost senatorial, which is virtually tantamount to looking almost presidential."

Meanwhile, at Mr. Kerry's south Florida campaign headquarters, the mood was jubilant.

"Convincing Americans that John Kerry is actually a U.S. Senator would be a major credibility boost," said one campaign aide. "What's important tonight is that he's nearly got the look. That's 90 percent of the battle."

all you can do is hope if he gets elected is he is as good as he has been made to look like, after all appearance is 90% of the presidency isnt it?

Originally posted by Edmund Forsthe
    all you can do is hope if he gets elected is he is as good as he has been made to look like, after all appearance is 90% of the presidency isnt it?
    Evidently not. President Bush is not very good when it comes to public speaking other than he does come off sincere and concerned. Ever since campaigns have been televised a really good candidate that is not MTV material doesn't have a chance.

Fortunately John Kerry looks a little more like a used car salesman than did Clinton.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

It's only on TV. I met him the night before the caucuses. I am on the democratic central commitee and had a chance to talk with him for a while. He's very different in person. He's a real down to Earth guy and not as tall as he looks on TV either. I think he'll do a great job for the next 8 years.

See, Robin....hard for me to switch teams when I have so much time invested in fighting for what's right. Around here all republicans are all snobby SOB's that think thier poo don't stink, I can't stand 'em. I'm not saying all republicans are that way, I've met plenty of good ones here but around my parts that's the way it is.

[Edited by i_got_ideas on 10-05-2004 at 02:27 AM]
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

"...almost senatorial..." That's because he's almost a senator. Voters in MA aren't getting what they pay for.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Senior Tech Guest
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by bb

(2004-09-30) -- Political commentators from the major American TV news networks and CBS unanimously declared John Forbes Kerry the winner of his first debate with President George Bush.

"This is a clear triumph for Kerry," said one unnamed CNN pundit. "His performance was way above expectations. He looked almost senatorial, which is virtually tantamount to looking almost presidential."

Meanwhile, at Mr. Kerry's south Florida campaign headquarters, the mood was jubilant.

"Convincing Americans that John Kerry is actually a U.S. Senator would be a major credibility boost," said one campaign aide. "What's important tonight is that he's nearly got the look. That's 90 percent of the battle."

As reported by the top reporter from the National Enquirer...Unnamed sources...Kerry ain't got a flaming chance, I believe the only reason he's running is because the catsup queen want's the publicity...I can see the headline now if by some miracle he did win, Kerry says "Oops, I was just kidding, I didn't really think I would win".

The guy's been a "senator" for some 30 years and he almost has the look of a senator? I suppose after 4 years in the White House, he'd almost look like the pimple on a President's butt.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by bb

Inaccurate, therefore irrelevant. Post a link. As usual and once again, this sounds like some more of your made up bull****.

to a certain extent the news medias have made the american public look stupid, it degrades the common man and citizen in implying they dont know how to make up their minds, it is after all the common man/woman those that are middle class and below that will elect the next president, not the president, if they are gullible enought not to see through all the propaganda and illussions that are woven to cover the truth then we deserve what we get.

Originally posted by motorboy1
    Originally posted by bb

Inaccurate, therefore irrelevant. Post a link. As usual and once again, this sounds like some more of your made up bull****.
    What You don't know a good joke when you see one ?

Originally posted by bb
    Originally posted by motorboy1
    Originally posted by bb

What You don't know a good joke when you see one ?
    ================================================== =========

You're right, motor. He doesn't look almost senatorial and he'd never look as good as a pimple on the President's butt!

Proud member of KA Club