So it crapps out after a water line break in the bldg.
    It says to hold in dispenser button for at least 45sec to get dispenser timer back in line. Solid state timer is defective, it works if jumped out, rest of safety sw's ok.
    The thing is really expensive cause the parts are available only through a local repair/dist type deal, we all know how that goes, bend over and smile. So what it the purpose of the dispenser timer, can it run jumped out?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Dunno. But could you find an ICM or SSAC solid state timer to replace it with, at one millionth of the cost of the OEM/Retail parts suppliers' fee???

i think its to move ice so wont freeze into blocks ?

usually the only function of that timer is to agitate the ice to keep it from becoming one big block. Manitowoc uses them also on their dispensers. We have by-passed them only if the dispenser is being used a lot. Otherwise if it sits idle to long, the ice forms to big of blocks and will tear up the gearbox when used. Hope this shed some light!!

Hey ya ol coot ... call a real tech support number like Manitowoc! They may even share a trade secret with ya about using one of their highly reliable parts ... versus paying thru the nose for an OEM replacement.

Thanks for the info, I am going with the factory authorized part, I ain't paying for it anyway and often it is just easier to go that route.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

And you know how I like things to be easy.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Hey Diceman, good idea to replace timer with OEM. The timer serves more purposes than off cycle agitation. It keeps the refrigeration from restarting in the event of a short power interuption, this keeps the evap auger from restarting with solid ice on the evaporator. Also shuts down on low water level in water inlet housing. Its secondary purpose is to let you know that theres a problem that should be looked into. Had a problem with 2 units in a cafeteria. Units would stop dispensing ice on Monday mornings three weeks in a row.Turns out the facility was having remodel going on during the weekend and plumbers were shutting off the water supply . Machine got a bad rap for doing what it was designed to do. Chezz

got it.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

It also keeps the refrigeration from short cycling after dispenser is engaged. I somehow got this POS working today, don't ask. Now I am an expert on em.....

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....