+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oregon guys

Post Likes

Oregon guys

Hey, my son is going to school at U of Oregon and is looking for a part time job out there. Any of you guys have any tips as to where he might apply. I know he's my son, but ... he's OK. Maybe P/M me or post here, hope to hear from some of you.

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    Hey, my son is going to school at U of Oregon and is looking for a part time job out there. Any of you guys have any tips as to where he might apply. I know he's my son, but ... he's OK. Maybe P/M me or post here, hope to hear from some of you.

I know Eugene. In our trade.

Post Likes
    My daughter starts there this fall - sounds like our money will be going to the same place!! As for jobs, there's a listing on the UO website that lists some, or check out the local newspaper.

Did he get into housing or is he one of the MANY that doesn't have a place to stay?
    The Lord must love stupid people or he wouldn't have made so many.

Why is it that when I am in a hurry, everyone else on the road goes 15 MPH under the speed limit?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-en-boy View Post
    My daughter starts there this fall - sounds like our money will be going to the same place!! As for jobs, there's a listing on the UO website that lists some, or check out the local newspaper.

Did he get into housing or is he one of the MANY that doesn't have a place to stay?
    He is one of the many looking for a place, I think they may have one lined up.

He worked for me this summer and has funds to last a while if he spends them carefully.

Good luck to your daughter, and to you...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    Let me say that so it makes sense.

I know Eugene very well.

Is he looking for a job in our trade down there?

Post Likes
    Oregon barista @ Starbucks?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    Let me say that so it makes sense.

I know Eugene very well.

Is he looking for a job in our trade down there?
    Not necessarily, he would need some flexibility to fit his class schedule. He went there early so he could hopefully be all set come class time.

I told him to apply at some of the supply houses and mention his Dad's in the trade ... I would even give him a good review...

Post Likes
    if he's anything like you...try the local gay bar!!
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes

oh yea..

FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tinner73 View Post
    if he's anything like you...try the local gay bar!!

Oh man, that just shows how little you know ... there not local ...

Ummm ... like you I was just kidding ... right?

Post Likes
    Off the subject, but very important....... vmc and au-en-boy? Where did your kids find places to stay? I am a local "Eugenian", as well as a UO alumni. I kow some things about housing, living situations, etc. I also am putting my (very) younger sister through here.

Whatever you do, stay away from Stadium Park. Been there, done that. Go with Ducks Village, as an alternative.... if apartments are their fancy.

Find a job, yes. But also keep the kids on campus. Eugene is a diverse place and you don't them living amongst the wrong crowd.

------------------------------------------
    Source: Younger sister. Took incredible will to keep her in school after living in Stadium Park and meeting the wrong crowd there. Though they market as such, NOT student housing. She's fine now but was a trial.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mbhydro View Post
    Oregon barista @ Starbucks?
    .... but I will say this: U of O is a fantastic school and Eugene is a wonderful place to have that College experience. I know. I did it. I am now a business owner in this town, and still love it here.

I have contacts, to include Starbucks.

Time to drop my email "ben -at- benpedersen.com"

Email me if any of your kids are looking for jobs (or you have housing questions).

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Balystic View Post
    .... but I will say this: U of O is a fantastic school and Eugene is a wonderful place to have that College experience. I know. I did it. I am now a business owner in this town, and still love it here.

I have contacts, to include Starbucks.

Time to drop my email "ben -at- benpedersen.com"

Email me if any of your kids are looking for jobs (or you have housing questions).

There's your man, VMC.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in