+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Home Remodeling Question??

Post Likes

Home Remodeling Question??

Contractor telling me i have to use his tile supply comany?

I'm Remodeling my home, Its a $60,000 Job

For a tiny bathroom in my basement with a walk in shower and to put new walls and new floors in the basement

and to put up a tiny bathroom in my living room with a walk in shower

plus a new awning and to put ceramic tiles on my backyard porch

anyways, he came to day with 1 tile and said "do you like it" i said said yes but i want to see more options maybe 10-20 choices because i am spending good money on this project he says " Well they dont have a sample book tiles but i will bring more samples for you"

wtf? I feel something isnt right
    There are only two seasons -- winter and Baseball.

Post Likes
    If your already uncomfortable and don't trust him, then ask to see some of his work?
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Post Likes
    I just dont like the fact that he told me i had to get the tiles that his company offered,

Maybe its because i'm spoiled by the many choices of samples home depot provides

Post Likes
    Who knows dude, maybe he knows something we dont.
    I know from some of my freinds who do tile, they are like ac units, some are better than others,,,,,,,,,,seems to me any one manufacturer would have multiple tiles to chose from.

I have to much slate in my house, wish i had gone with travertine, always liked natural stone.
    If the price per square foot works out along the same lines as other contractors i would do it, just make darn good and sure he uses the membrane in the shower pan and make sure he makes the pan, no store bought crap.

I like two shower heads in the ceiling myself, also do yourself a favor and put waterproof speakers in it and a sound system, lights too.

Believe me you will thank me.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Post Likes
    Will he warranty the tiles if you provide them or get them from Home Depot?

I feel he should let you go to his tile supplier. Something doesn't seem right.

On top of being an HVAC contractor I am also a GC When i do a remodel I send my clients to the local tile shop and let them pick. They have a budget to work within but the choices are unlimited.
    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Post Likes
    www.hvac&tile-talk.com

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Likes
    THANKS EVERYONE

I'M GOING TO HAVE A TALK WITH HIM TOMORROW

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dracorp2 View Post
    Will he warranty the tiles if you provide them or get them from Home Depot?

I feel he should let you go to his tile supplier. Something doesn't seem right.

On top of being an HVAC contractor I am also a GC When i do a remodel I send my clients to the local tile shop and let them pick. They have a budget to work within but the choices are unlimited.
    "I hired an HVAC contractor but he says I must use the HVAC unit he provides. I want to chose from 10-20 different types and brands but he wont let me.

Says if I buy a system at homedepot, he wont warranty it.

Something aint right".

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in